There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which trade will happen before the trade dead line tomorrow.

Which trade will happen before the trade dead line tomorrow.

I honestly feel like Tony Gonzalez could be the missing piece for us ..he would make us almost impossible to defend .. That's the trade I would want to see go down besides Josh Gordon of course.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by 190836:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami10m
To consider Allen, 49ers would have to examine scheme issues, locker-room issues, money issues... But Allen might be worth the consideration

im drawing blanks what allen are we talking about?

Jared Allen

ahhh okay all these wr talks were making me think keenan allen.

he would be a beast! but I agree with the scheme, he is a 43 end.

I wouldn't want to stunt Lemonier's growth but imagine our 43 passing down front with Allen, Justin, McDonald, and Brooks and being able to interchange Lemonier with Brooks or Allen.

Won't happen though, it would have to be a 3rd rounder because it has already been determined that the Vikes will get a 3rd round comp pick when he leaves.

a 3rd AND a 6th for Jared? ....he could come in as an edge rusher in the nickel and dime sets ...it;s too late in the season for him to learn how to play standing up....but he would be one hell of a rental , one of the games top pass rushers for our superbowl run ....when we go 4-2-5 ...Aldon can play at LDE when he gets back, and Jared could line up at RDE ....that would be nice
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Teams would need at least $8 mil in cap space to trade for Allen, do the 49ers have that.....I think not. So no Allen to SF sorry guys.
Originally posted by TyCore:
Any idea what we'd be on the hook for?

According to FOX's Jay Glazer, the Vikings are "certainly open to fielding offers" for DE Jared Allen.
Per Glazer, the Vikings "are doing more than just listening," suggesting they're actually shopping Allen. They've have had a few discussions with teams but nothing substantial yet. Still, Glazer concedes that a deal is unlikely to get done because it's hard to see any franchise taking on the remainder of Allen's whopping $14.3 million contract. A team would have to have at least $8 million in 2013 cap space just to rent the veteran pass rusher for the rest of the year.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Teams would need at least $8 mil in cap space to trade for Allen, do the 49ers have that.....I think not. So no Allen to SF sorry guys.

$8 mill for 1/2 a season? He had a $16m cap # coming into the year? I don't want Allen anyway, he would be a rental and one that doesn't fit our scheme.
I hope we make some type of move
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this team and regime places a price on a player and thats it. we are not desperate,, we do not need to break the bank for a hired gun, that in the heck is going on here. some guys sends a rumor tweet or what he thinks the niners could offer and people just take it and run
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I hope we make some type of move

why? this team is built now for a deep playoff run and guys coming back will help us, all i would do is cut williiams and give someone a fifth or sixth for a guy to replace him
Don't need this to happen...

[ Edited by alwaysa49erfan on Oct 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thechad49:
I honestly feel like Tony Gonzalez could be the missing piece for us ..he would make us almost impossible to defend .. That's the trade I would want to see go down besides Josh Gordon of course.

My god I would straight splooge in my pants if that happened. But it wont
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by alwaysa49erfan:

i could care less what they do and just because they may do something or actually end up doing something,, does not mean we have to follow suit.

Let them do what they want

Wow!
  • Antix
  • Veteran

no1curr
Originally posted by SofaKing:
After much thought and many sleepless nights, Baalke decides to trade KW for Josh Gordon.

Straight Up.

It's a tough call, I know. But we have to trust Baalke on this. It just might improve the team. Crazy, I know.

That might be a trade that some would call "slightly" in our favor.

Some