There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Zero Sacks today

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
so close...

Hard when your other OLB is in coverage.
Who cares if we got no sacks!!!

We won thats all that matters AND! we get Manningham back after the bye and Aldon/Crabtree mid - late november

This team is only going to get better!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDSF:
Who cares if we got no sacks!!!

We won thats all that matters AND! we get Manningham back after the bye and Aldon/Crabtree mid - late november

This team is only going to get better!

of course this is the truth
Yeah, who cares when we are up 28-0 and resting players.

But, it is a trend.

We are a very very good defense.

We are 2.5 sacks per game away from being the best defense in the NFL.

(Which is way below Steel Curtain/Doomsday Defense/PurplePeopleEater type D's. But still.)
Nothing to start the gnashing of teeth over, but I think any time you go 4 games with over 160 pass attempts and only 5 sacks, it should be an area to "take note". And only one of those games, last week vs Tenn, when they had 3 sacks, was it a game where the QB was regularly feeling pressure. And I wouldn't bet the farm that Aldon Smith coming back at some point necessarily cures all ills. I know Fangio isn't big on blitzing, and over the past few weeks a steady dose of it hasn't been required...but with some tough games coming up, I hope the improved play of the secondary gives Fangio the confidence to call more blitzes.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:

we suck, i hate this team

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i swear to god when i read the first two pages of this thread, i thought we got our ass kicked yesterday and people think i spend my time on the ledge.
Fantasy football fans are upset because of stats maybe?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Fantasy football fans are upset because of stats maybe?

This has to be it.