LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Zero Sacks today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
so close...

Hard when your other OLB is in coverage.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Who cares if we got no sacks!!!

We won thats all that matters AND! we get Manningham back after the bye and Aldon/Crabtree mid - late november

This team is only going to get better!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDSF:
Who cares if we got no sacks!!!

We won thats all that matters AND! we get Manningham back after the bye and Aldon/Crabtree mid - late november

This team is only going to get better!

of course this is the truth
Yeah, who cares when we are up 28-0 and resting players.

But, it is a trend.

We are a very very good defense.

We are 2.5 sacks per game away from being the best defense in the NFL.

(Which is way below Steel Curtain/Doomsday Defense/PurplePeopleEater type D's. But still.)
Nothing to start the gnashing of teeth over, but I think any time you go 4 games with over 160 pass attempts and only 5 sacks, it should be an area to "take note". And only one of those games, last week vs Tenn, when they had 3 sacks, was it a game where the QB was regularly feeling pressure. And I wouldn't bet the farm that Aldon Smith coming back at some point necessarily cures all ills. I know Fangio isn't big on blitzing, and over the past few weeks a steady dose of it hasn't been required...but with some tough games coming up, I hope the improved play of the secondary gives Fangio the confidence to call more blitzes.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:

we suck, i hate this team

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i swear to god when i read the first two pages of this thread, i thought we got our ass kicked yesterday and people think i spend my time on the ledge.
Fantasy football fans are upset because of stats maybe?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Fantasy football fans are upset because of stats maybe?

This has to be it.
Share 49ersWebzone