LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Zero Sacks today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Commentators noted this also, but said Chad Henne was prematurely throwing the ball and it affected his throws. Obviously, we're not gonna get pressure if the quarterback if every throw is a bad pass off a 3 step drop. It's just not gonna happen.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Commentators noted this also, but said Chad Henne was prematurely throwing the ball and it affected his throws. Obviously, we're not gonna get pressure if the quarterback if every throw is a bad pass off a 3 step drop. It's just not gonna happen.

The pressure is already there in the QB's head if he's throwing poorly on a 3 step drop back. They barely need to rush in that case.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Trade e'rrone!!!!!

lol, everyone except KW, he's a keeper
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
No QB sacks, but their sacks were sweaty/nervous to the point of 42-10 azz beating!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"Good night now"

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9887475/jayson-carter-4-foot-9-walk-debuts-rice-owls
No sacks are worrisome.. excellent defense all day but a good qb would have eaten us alive today.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
No sacks are worrisome.. excellent defense all day but a good qb would have eaten us alive today.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

lol. This

Jay has a point. While I personally have no complaints for the defense play, pass rush is going to need to step it up a notch when we face Brees and mobile QBs like Cam and RG3. Hopefully by then we'll have both Tank AND Aldon suiting up .
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Jay has a point. While I personally have no complaints for the defense play, pass rush is going to need to step it up a notch when we face Brees and mobile QBs like Cam and RG3. Hopefully by then we'll have both Tank AND Aldon suiting up .

playing a different qb would have demanded a different game plan. the 49ers felt they didn't have to blitz or do anything exotic and would win and they were correct, 42-10.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Is this a complaint after a 42-10 victory?

A worry about better teams and QB's to come.

lol
the threat of a sack is just as effective if it makes the qb make a poor throw. we held them to 10 points so our defense played lights out again. no cause for concern. Aldon and Tank will probably be back for the next game too. dont trip
Ohz noze, the skyez tehy iz fallenz...seriously though, the pressures were there.
Defensively, I think the team did not want to get anyone injured and they knew their secondary could contain the Jaguars and the LineBacker corps could take out the run. I feel the defense did an excellent job in avoiding injuries and allowing the offense to take it from there, the sacks will come when they are needed, this was a good game to not go all out and to start to getting healthy for both Carolina and New Orleans in 2 and 3 weeks.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

No I don't think he has got a point. Henne regularly threw the ball before his receivers were ready, because he was about to get sacked. Whilst I would have like to have seen him being taken down, had a "better qb" been playing and had that qb hung onto the ball longer, he would have been sacked around three times.
Share 49ersWebzone