There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISO 49ERS BYE WEEK THREAD (Week 9)

What people don't understand is that SEA is only famous because they kicked our butts twice. We were and still are the measuring stick. Teams and players know but fans and media are fickle. SEA gets shine through us but we change this by seasons end
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
What people don't understand is that SEA is only famous because they kicked our butts twice. We were and still are the measuring stick. Teams and players know but fans and media are fickle. SEA gets shine through us but we change this by seasons end

You may actually be right. They didn't get this notoriety until they killed us last year. Then everyone was sucking seattle's dick.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
What people don't understand is that SEA is only famous because they kicked our butts twice. We were and still are the measuring stick. Teams and players know but fans and media are fickle. SEA gets shine through us but we change this by seasons end

You may actually be right. They didn't get this notoriety until they killed us last year. Then everyone was sucking seattle's dick.

i have always thought of seattle as more of a vagina type town
The trade deadline has come and gone. Does anybody know anything at all? I'm going insane.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
The trade deadline has come and gone. Does anybody know anything at all? I'm going insane.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora Confirmed with the league office that just 1 trade went down at the deadline, the Pats/Eagles trade.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/175443-trading-deadline/page3/#RiTv8muvxGWhQp2e.99
Yeah I'm sure we reached out a few times to the Browns but by now they probably wanted a 1st round pick. There price must have been too high that none of the 5-10 teams interested didn't trade for him. We were all just getting our hopes up I guess. We pretty much knew with Manningham and Crabtree coming back it wasn't likely. I think when we were 1-2 there would have been a better shot at us giving up a 2nd than now when we weathered the storm and are 6-2 with all our guys coming back.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah I'm sure we reached out a few times to the Browns but by now they probably wanted a 1st round pick. There price must have been too high that none of the 5-10 teams interested didn't trade for him. We were all just getting our hopes up I guess. We pretty much knew with Manningham and Crabtree coming back it wasn't likely. I think when we were 1-2 there would have been a better shot at us giving up a 2nd than now when we weathered the storm and are 6-2 with all our guys coming back.

The bolded is why I never believed the hype.
Originally posted by verb1der:
The bolded is why I never believed the hype.

Well I think if we would have lost to the Rams or Texans and would have went say 1-3, 1-4, 2-5 or whatever the trade would have been more likely. We got back on track and as the weeks went on and we kept getting the wins and Manningham/Crabtree got closer to coming back and Gordon's price went up the trade became less likely imo.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by verb1der:
The bolded is why I never believed the hype.

Well I think if we would have lost to the Rams or Texans and would have went say 1-3, 1-4, 2-5 or whatever the trade would have been more likely. We got back on track and as the weeks went on and we kept getting the wins and Manningham/Crabtree got closer to coming back and Gordon's price went up the trade became less likely imo.

Yea maybe if we did. Still impressed we're sitting 6-2 w/o them!
Tyson Langland ‏@TysonNFL

Jermaine Kearse time -> RT @NFL_ATL: Seahawks WR Sidney Rice done for the year with torn ACL.

Seahawks getting thin at WR.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Tyson Langland ‏@TysonNFL

Jermaine Kearse time -> RT @NFL_ATL: Seahawks WR Sidney Rice done for the year with torn ACL.

Seahawks getting thin at WR.

Ouch. Big blow to there offense there.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Tyson Langland ‏@TysonNFL

Jermaine Kearse time -> RT @NFL_ATL: Seahawks WR Sidney Rice done for the year with torn ACL.

Seahawks getting thin at WR.

Ouch. Big blow to there offense there.

Rice wasn't putting up big numbers prior to his injury, but his absence will make scheming against Seattle's offense a whole lot easier
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Tyson Langland ‏@TysonNFL

Jermaine Kearse time -> RT @NFL_ATL: Seahawks WR Sidney Rice done for the year with torn ACL.

Seahawks getting thin at WR.

Ouch. Big blow to there offense there.

Rice wasn't putting up big numbers prior to his injury, but his absence will make scheming against Seattle's offense a whole lot easier

Hate the Seahawks but I don't wish injuries on any player. Wish him the best of luck, but personally I think that Jermaine Kearse kid is more impressive than S.Rice. IMO.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Tyson Langland ‏@TysonNFL

Jermaine Kearse time -> RT @NFL_ATL: Seahawks WR Sidney Rice done for the year with torn ACL.

Seahawks getting thin at WR.

Ouch. Big blow to there offense there.

Rice wasn't putting up big numbers prior to his injury, but his absence will make scheming against Seattle's offense a whole lot easier

That's very true, Baldwin on our team doesn't do s**t, yet his presence/size makes people respect our offense, spreading it out. I think it's a huge blow cause he's their best run-blocking WR; Lynch's holes will get a little shallow off the right side, screen game hurt as well (despite Percy's arrival). Lynch (knock on wood cause I don't wish injury upon other teams) could be next, all the injuries we went through early they're gonna go through late.

-At least we know Reid won't be tumbling into him with concussions the rest of the haul.
I actually like Sidney Rice a lot. Sorry for him.

But from a football stand point, this is key for us. He wasnt doing much on the season, but his presence was.

With Harvin coming back, this will help defenses key up on him.