There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Man you guys... hate to single you out because I have seen it from a bunch of fans on here and a bunch of fans on nfl forums but everyone things we their team can just bundle together their garbage and the Browns will gladly accept. The player has to fit their scheme, their needs and has to be someone they are interested in. Sure who wouldn't want to trade Moore, Williams, Baldwin, Dixon or whatever for Gordon? Dixon to other teams is worth maybe a 7th, the other 3 maybe a 7th if you're lucky. No way they would trade Gordon for a 4th.

Edit: And I do get what you're saying though you wouldn't offer up much. You would just throw it out there. I shouldn't single you out because I have seen guys who are legit and mean it when they say let's trade Williams, Moore, etc and a low pick for Gordon.

This. I'm down with giving Cleveland a 2nd, a 4th and a guy like Baldwin or Williams in a trade, but the 2nd rounder has to be there, you can't center a trade for Gordon around scrubs, that's just ridiculous.

This. No way you can give the Browns a first-rounder for Gordon.

Cleveland also has Dion Lewis on IR, whom they really like and looked solid in the preseason. So trading Dixon or LMJ probably won't work either.
Only a 2nd round pick at the MOST for Gordon. But we aren't trading for him so it doesn't matter.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Got to wonder what the Niners are thinking with only two days left till the deadline. Gordon had another strong game today, but the asking price will be steep. Nicks did OK, but he is a rental and an injury risk. Britt is too much of a head case to even be considered. I don't see them trading for any other position. My guess is the Niners stand pat.

I'm on the side that the niners stand pat, but maybe Trent is waiting to the last minute to either a) see if CLE gets desperate and lowers the price and/or b) makes the deal last minute to prevent the seachickens from making a counter move?
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
None of the guys suggested are PrimeTime. None. Not even close. And no to Dez Bryant and his baby setter.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Hakeem Nicks, half season rental, then drop him.

In all honesty, I get the idea for long term success, but without aggressive FA in '94, we're most likely still only at 4 rings.

Interesting you use that word in reference to Nicks. I was just watching him drop a pass.

I'm not willing to give up any picks for a WR at this point. First of all, there aren't any out there that will help that won't cost a great deal. Second, MM and Crab will be back by playoffs. Baldwin is better than he has shown. We don't need to push the button.
I think trading for Josh Gordon would be a brilliant move. His abilities would ignite the rest of the Niner offense. If the Niners can move a player and a 2nd, or a couple of picks, they would be foolish not to. They are an elite team, and this trade would be a very wise one to make.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by niners9ers:
Kyle Williams is like a Luke Walton of nfl

Loved by coaches but has NO skills

Ahh! Thanks.
Kyle Williams for Gordon, straight up!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
mke the trade. Kyle sucks, manningham and crabs are gonna take a while to get up to full speed and get their confidence back

on the flipside, it's gonna take Gordon some time to learn the playbook.

im sure they can plug in some plays for him if he gets here til he gets the offense down
Originally posted by pdizo916:
mke the trade. Kyle sucks, manningham and crabs are gonna take a while to get up to full speed and get their confidence back

on the flipside, it's gonna take Gordon some time to learn the playbook.

im sure they can plug in some plays for him if he gets here til he gets the offense down

The bye week helps as well

Do something Harbaalke!!!

Good point anyone we trade for has an extra week to prepare although our guys get 7 days off. Still he could dig into the playbook. Harbaugh also said their are opportunity practices Tues and Wed I believe (for backups or anyone who wants to practice) so could have him participate in those as well.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Do something Harbaalke!!!

Stand back!!! Let me work my magic
  • titan
  • Veteran
Trade players and draft picks that you know will never see the field. We need young Draft pick that will be able to contribute and learn while we still have competent veterans that they can learn from.
with trade bait players like Dixon, Williams, Nnmandi, Dobbs the 49ers have a lot of chips to use and I expect alot of movement during the bye week