There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Man you guys... hate to single you out because I have seen it from a bunch of fans on here and a bunch of fans on nfl forums but everyone things we their team can just bundle together their garbage and the Browns will gladly accept. The player has to fit their scheme, their needs and has to be someone they are interested in. Sure who wouldn't want to trade Moore, Williams, Baldwin, Dixon or whatever for Gordon? Dixon to other teams is worth maybe a 7th, the other 3 maybe a 7th if you're lucky. No way they would trade Gordon for a 4th.

Edit: And I do get what you're saying though you wouldn't offer up much. You would just throw it out there. I shouldn't single you out because I have seen guys who are legit and mean it when they say let's trade Williams, Moore, etc and a low pick for Gordon.

This. I'm down with giving Cleveland a 2nd, a 4th and a guy like Baldwin or Williams in a trade, but the 2nd rounder has to be there, you can't center a trade for Gordon around scrubs, that's just ridiculous.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. I'm down with giving Cleveland a 2nd, a 4th and a guy like Baldwin or Williams in a trade, but the 2nd rounder has to be there, you can't center a trade for Gordon around scrubs, that's just ridiculous.

Yeah you might be able to throw in 1 WR just so they take on his salary and we don't have to cut a guy bringing in Gordon. Other than that can't expect them to take all our trash.
Got to wonder what the Niners are thinking with only two days left till the deadline. Gordon had another strong game today, but the asking price will be steep. Nicks did OK, but he is a rental and an injury risk. Britt is too much of a head case to even be considered. I don't see them trading for any other position. My guess is the Niners stand pat.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Got to wonder what the Niners are thinking with only two days left till the deadline. Gordon had another strong game today, but the asking price will be steep. Nicks did OK, but he is a rental and an injury risk. Britt is too much of a head case to even be considered. I don't see them trading for any other position. My guess is the Niners stand pat.

Most likely, but you never know, if there is a deal to be made, I trust that Baalke would offer up whatever is reasonable to get it done.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
If we could package Williams, Moore, and a 4th then hell yeah. Then again I would trade those three to move up five spots in the draft.

Man you guys... hate to single you out because I have seen it from a bunch of fans on here and a bunch of fans on nfl forums but everyone things we their team can just bundle together their garbage and the Browns will gladly accept. The player has to fit their scheme, their needs and has to be someone they are interested in. Sure who wouldn't want to trade Moore, Williams, Baldwin, Dixon or whatever for Gordon? Dixon to other teams is worth maybe a 7th, the other 3 maybe a 7th if you're lucky. No way they would trade Gordon for a 4th.

Edit: And I do get what you're saying though you wouldn't offer up much. You would just throw it out there. I shouldn't single you out because I have seen guys who are legit and mean it when they say let's trade Williams, Moore, etc and a low pick for Gordon.

Exactly.
To be serious though I would offer a 2nd and those two for Gordon.
The Cleveland Browns Might Trade Their 2 Best Players Before Tuesday, And It Makes Perfect Sense-

The Cleveland Browns are starting from scratch, selling off anything of value for future draft picks in an aggressive rebuilding campaign.

They're tanking, in other words.

But that doesn't mean what they're doing is wrong.

Cleveland would be willing to trade wide receiver Josh Gordon and tight end Jordan Cameron before Tuesday's NFL trade deadline, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.

These are the Browns' two best offensive-skill players. Gordon is just 22 years old and is already a No. 1 receiver. He's big and fast and likely to get better. Cameron is just 25 years old and is already top-10 in the league at his position. They're both talented players whose skills are being wasted due to the the awful quarterback situation in Cleveland.

It would reportedly take a high draft pick (read:first round) to get either player.

Cleveland has already traded Trent Richardson (a guy they drafted 3rd-overall 18 months ago). They also have a new general manager and coach — both of whom feel no loyalty to the current roster.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cleveland-browns-might-trade-two-153740014.html
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The Cleveland Browns Might Trade Their 2 Best Players Before Tuesday, And It Makes Perfect Sense-

The Cleveland Browns are starting from scratch, selling off anything of value for future draft picks in an aggressive rebuilding campaign.

Cleveland would be willing to trade wide receiver Josh Gordon and tight end Jordan Cameron before Tuesday's NFL trade deadline, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.

These are the Browns' two best offensive-skill players. Gordon is just 22 years old and is already a No. 1 receiver. He's big and fast and likely to get better. Cameron is just 25 years old and is already top-10 in the league at his position. They're both talented players whose skills are being wasted due to the the awful quarterback situation in Cleveland.

It would reportedly take a high draft pick (read:first round) to get either player.

Cleveland has already traded Trent Richardson (a guy they drafted 3rd-overall 18 months ago). They also have a new general manager and coach — both of whom feel no loyalty to the current roster.

It's s**t like this Cleveland...

Yeah, they can go EAD if they think that they are going to get a 1st rounder for Gordon, too much baggage for that big of an investment.
Yeah they seem to be teasing the NFL and just throwing those guys out there seeing what people offer. I wouldn't trade either of them. Who thought there would be a day where half the nfl is fighting over Browns players? Just kidding though... they have a lot of legit talent on offense and defense. Just need to learn how to draft a QB and they would be a competitive team.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM ]
I was kind of hoping Gordon would have a quiet game and look indifferent this week but unfortunately he had another good game. However, if they think he's worth a first rounder they can take a hike imo. I don't mind the idea of a player and a "highish" round pick (read: 2nd rounder at absolute most) but that's too rich for my blood with his baggage.
Gordon is a stud and I really hope we make a deal for him. Looking at this long term. Boldin is old and can we afford to keep Crabtree? Gordon's a number one receiver and his contract doesn't come up to 2016.

Plus I've seen our track record drafting receivers.
If I'm Cleveland I'm asking for a 1st rounder but I'm taking a 2nd rounder and some change (either a player or lower round picks).

I wouldn't sell Gordon for anything less than a 2nd rounder and change though and if I'm the Baalke I would roll the dice and do that deal if Cleveland would go for it.

The issue is If you're Cleveland and rebuilding Gordon would be a guy you want to keep around since he's only 22 and still has a couple of years on a rookie contract. You're likely going after a QB in next year's draft and having talent at the receiver position helps a young QB tremendously.

So I actually believe Cleveland when they say they aren't looking to trade Gordon but would seriously listen to offers. They are only going to deal him for a deal they like not dump him off to the highest bidder which means Gordon has a good chance of staying put.
Come home Jared Allen!!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah, they can go EAD if they think that they are going to get a 1st rounder for Gordon, too much baggage for that big of an investment.

He is also very talented, cheap and under contract another 2 years
In the nicest way with no intent to harm our awesome GM but I would hold up a gun at him and force him to call the browns and make that trade for Gordon it pisses me off we most likely won't add a legit young talent like him at a position of need