There are 232 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Would love to see a trade but doubt it happens. In two weeks Manningham will be back, and Baldwin will be over his ailment and have a better understanding of the playbook.
A 2nd, 4th, and Kyle Williams for Gordon. Can anyone say why not? (Other than the stupid reason that it's not the niners style). He doesn't cost much and is signed through 2015. Worst case is that Crabtree and Manningham shine and we bury him on the depth chart for a year. Our Super Bowl window is open and I know Eddie would mortgage the future for another ring. This seems like a low risk and not a mortgage. DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Whats your point? everyone realizes this. The conversation would be killed if we traded for him or not. If some of you dont want to have the conversation, fine, stay out of the conversation, but this line being parroted over and over again is not gonna kill the conversation before then. Get over it.
Who are you tell anyone where they can post?
Whats your point? everyone realizes this. The conversation would be killed if we traded for him or not. If some of you dont want to have the conversation, fine, stay out of the conversation, but this line being parroted over and over again is not gonna kill the conversation before then. Get over it.

You guys might taking what I said the wrong way. I just mean when you have 2, 3, 4 topics on each topic it spreads out the conversation and some times it dies down. Also, you sometimes get guys posting the same stuff in the different threads not knowing which to post in. I just think the conversation is at it's best when everyone is posting in one thread together. Spreads everyone out... makes the conversation not as active as it could be. I know the mods moved the trade thread to the nfl forum and I had said you know maybe it doesnt hurt to have 1 official trade thread in niner talk for everyone to speculate. Either way they can leave this one if they want but after two days I'm sure this one and the other will be dead.

Same thing with this thread which was up first and then 2nd one was made after
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175150-who-cut-make-room-dial-carradine-manningham-wright/page9/
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175434-who-gets-cut-make-room-our-reinforcements/

Some might not care but to me you have 2 threads on the same exact topic and have post in one thread the other half of people post in the other and it splits people up and the conversation isn't all that it could be.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:
Who are you tell anyone where they can post?

I didnt tell anyone where they can or cant post. But some of you that act/talk/type like you don't want to have a conversation about trades, sure do come into the trade discussion thread quite often to remind us you don't want to discuss trades.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

You guys might taking what I said the wrong way. I just mean when you have 2, 3, 4 topics on each topic it spreads out the conversation and some times it dies down. Also, you sometimes get guys posting the same stuff in the different threads not knowing which to post in. I just think the conversation is at it's best when everyone is posting in one thread together. Spreads everyone out... makes the conversation not as active as it could be. I know the mods moved the trade thread to the nfl forum and I had said you know maybe it doesnt hurt to have 1 official trade thread in niner talk for everyone to speculate. Either way they can leave this one if they want but after two days I'm sure this one and the other will be dead.

My comment was not directed towards you in any way Gore.
mke the trade. Kyle sucks, manningham and crabs are gonna take a while to get up to full speed and get their confidence back

I know it wasn't. I'm just saying I'd prefer mods keep one thread on each topic because then you got half posting in one thread the other half in the other and the conversation isn't what it could be because it splits up the discussion. Either way though like I said both threads will be dead after the trade deadline anyway. I have no problem with people wanting to speculate in a rumor type thread and talk trades. Some might not want to do that but thats the beauty of one official thread that says trade talk... you don't have to enter.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I know it wasn't. I'm just saying I'd prefer mods keep one thread on each topic because then you got half posting in one thread the other half in the other and the conversation isn't what it could be because it splits up the discussion. Either way though like I said both threads will be dead after the trade deadline anyway. I have no problem with people wanting to speculate in a rumor type thread and talk trades. Some might not want to do that but thats the beauty of one official thread that says trade talk... you don't have to enter.

Agree. There have been duplicates of several discussions floating around recently, like the who gets cut threads.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
mke the trade. Kyle sucks, manningham and crabs are gonna take a while to get up to full speed and get their confidence back

on the flipside, it's gonna take Gordon some time to learn the playbook.
did I hear right? That Boobie is involved in the trade rumors? we better not fkn trade him.

"SLAP HAYNS"
Cripes we already got boldin vance Vernon, and Baldwin. What else could you ask for. Oh, and Mario....don't expect him to look anything like he did before. Two bad injuries. And Crabs...won't be the same guy either. I like the 4 we got above, and say go with them....ok, miller also, since that is JH's reclamation project.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Cripes we already got boldin vance Vernon, and Baldwin. What else could you ask for. Oh, and Mario....don't expect him to look anything like he did before. Two bad injuries. And Crabs...won't be the same guy either. I like the 4 we got above, and say go with them....ok, miller also, since that is JH's reclamation project.

A guy who isn't inactive?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM ]
If we could package Williams, Moore, and a 4th then hell yeah. Then again I would trade those three to move up five spots in the draft.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
If we could package Williams, Moore, and a 4th then hell yeah. Then again I would trade those three to move up five spots in the draft.

Man you guys... hate to single you out because I have seen it from a bunch of fans on here and a bunch of fans on nfl forums but everyone things we their team can just bundle together their garbage and the Browns will gladly accept. The player has to fit their scheme, their needs and has to be someone they are interested in. Sure who wouldn't want to trade Moore, Williams, Baldwin, Dixon or whatever for Gordon? Dixon to other teams is worth maybe a 7th, the other 3 maybe a 7th if you're lucky. No way they would trade Gordon for a 4th.

Edit: And I do get what you're saying though you wouldn't offer up much. You would just throw it out there. I shouldn't single you out because I have seen guys who are legit and mean it when they say let's trade Williams, Moore, etc and a low pick for Gordon.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM ]