There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

I love big dix and I hope the niners don't give another team big dix. Hell, i want to be big dix for holloween.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by niners9ers:
Kyle Williams is like a Luke Walton of nfl

Loved by coaches but has NO skills
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I love big dix and I hope the niners don't give another team big dix. Hell, i want to be big dix for holloween.

You love big dix? I thought you just loved big chics.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i can not wait until this deadline passes so we can stop this nonsense about trades. i am sure if the niners start slow, half of the team will be traded away by halftime today

I can not wait either, but I will make a prediction that goes entirely against my better judgment.

We trade Baldwin, James, and our lower second to the Browns for Josh Gordon.

Just kidding....I think.
i would not want to give away a second but you know,, the baldwin and james part of it would make me really consider this

If Baalke could pull off that trade without moving a draft pick he would be all over it.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Baldwin 3 receptions, 28 yds.
Jenkins 1 reception, 6 yds.

Yes, the 9ers definitely took advantage of KC...will Reid ever get over being bamboozled like that?

They should trade any pick for value, but the likely-hood of getting value at this point? Not very!

KC was willing and would be willing to trade for Smith, a quality QB, and now they are 8-0. That was a brilliant trade for both parties.
6-2. lol.
No way Gordon is moved for anything less than perceived first round value.

I would make it happen.
Baalke is not likely to make it happen for a 1st round pick. He might go for a 5th or 6th round or to trade for some of the people we will have to let go to get our injured players back on the team. But 1st round picks, they are diamonds and Baalke will not let go of them. Gordon is a quality player, but not so much a quality person. Baalke will want some protection and he will not give up high picks unless he sees some protection. Lots of money in this deal.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I would make it happen.

If I am the Browns I don't give him up for less than a 1st. They might be out of it this year but they will have him for 2 more years after that plus they can tag him 1 or 2 years if they can't resign him. My guess is Baalke's limit was a 3rd and a player or another pick. I'm pretty sure Baalke won't give up a 1st. 2nd which is late would be pushing it for him. He's just not that kind of GM. We don't make big splashes we build through the draft. I'd be surprised but happy if it went through for anything less than a 1st.
No trade. We'll ease Manningham and Crabtree back into the swing of things in the second half and keep pounding the football behind the best Oline in football. We're in good shape.
Today's game was a good indication that we don't need to trade for anything or anyone. We just hung 42 points on the Jags, and it could have been far, far, far worse. We don't need the Brown's baggage or anyone else for that matter....
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Today's game was a good indication that we don't need to trade for anything or anyone. We just hung 42 points on the Jags, and it could have been far, far, far worse. We don't need the Brown's baggage or anyone else for that matter....

Sure the offense has really well these past 5 games but we have played the Rams, the "bad" version of the Texans, the Cardinals, Titans and Jaguars. Not to mention the defense has scored for us and helped us out a lot along the way. Not saying some of those aren't solid defenses but when we play the Saints and Seahawks we can't expect the defense to give us points and for Brees/Wilson to make mistakes. We can't expect as much out of the offense either going against better defenses. This is our 3rd shot at trying to win a SB and in the playoffs and SB is when it matters most and you aren't play the teams we played the last 5 weeks. You are playing teams like Seattle and the Saints. I'm not saying we have to make a trade; I'll hope for the best from Manningham and Crabtree but no denying we could use the help. When a team shuts down the run like say Seattle can let's hope Boldin, Crabtree, Manningham and Davis are enough. They might very well be but Gordon could be that deep threat that puts us over the top. And let me say though maybe it is too late to trade for a WR. I would have gave up a 2nd like week 3 or 4. Now that we have passed through the storm you guys could be right in that we will be ok. I think it would have gotten done if we went 1-3 or 2-4 but now that we are 6-2 seems less likely than when we were 1-2.

MODS, can we merge this thread with the official thread? Maybe it's just me but when you have multiple threads on the same topic it splits up the conversation and kills the conversation some what. http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/172878-would-you-trade/page67/
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I would make it happen.

If I am the Browns I don't give him up for less than a 1st. They might be out of it this year but they will have him for 2 more years after that plus they can tag him 1 or 2 years if they can't resign him. My guess is Baalke's limit was a 3rd and a player or another pick. I'm pretty sure Baalke won't give up a 1st. 2nd which is late would be pushing it for him. He's just not that kind of GM. We don't make big splashes we build through the draft. I'd be surprised but happy if it went through for anything less than a 1st.

Agree with everything you said. But i do believe it would and will be a mistake not to make a big push for a Gordon trade. I know its not Baalkies style, but IMO, this is a special case. Young WR's of Gordons talent level, paired with his contract, rarely ever become available in the NFL. We are also in a unique position of being a very good team in desperate need of play makers at the WR position. Its the perfect storm. But i never did think it would happen and i still dont.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Sure the offense has really well these past 5 games but we have played the Rams, the "bad" version of the Texans, the Cardinals, Titans and Jaguars. Not to mention the defense has scored for us and helped us out a lot along the way. Not saying some of those aren't solid defenses but when we play the Saints and Seahawks we can't expect the defense to give us points and for Brees/Wilson to make mistakes. We can't expect as much out of the offense either going against better defenses. This is our 3rd shot at trying to win a SB and in the playoffs and SB is when it matters most and you aren't play the teams we played the last 5 weeks. You are playing teams like Seattle and the Saints. I'm not saying we have to make a trade; I'll hope for the best from Manningham and Crabtree but no denying we could use the help. When a team shuts down the run like say Seattle can let's hope Boldin, Crabtree, Manningham and Davis are enough. They might very well be but Gordon could be that deep threat that puts us over the top. And let me say though maybe it is too late to trade for a WR. I would have gave up a 2nd like week 3 or 4. Now that we have passed through the storm you guys could be right in that we will be ok. I think it would have gotten done if we went 1-3 or 2-4 but now that we are 6-2 seems less likely than when we were 1-2.

MODS, can we merge this thread with the official thread? Maybe it's just me but when you have multiple threads on the same topic it splits up the conversation and kills the conversation some what. http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/172878-would-you-trade/page67/
This conversation will be killed for good in 48 hours when the trade deadline passes.
[ Edited by SFrush on Oct 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:
This conversation will be killed for good in 48 hours when the trade deadline passes.

Whats your point? everyone realizes this. The conversation would be killed if we traded for him or not. If some of you dont want to have the conversation, fine, stay out of the conversation, but this line being parroted over and over again is not gonna kill the conversation before then. Get over it.