There are 213 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
We need to bring our passing attempts up. I think we are averaging about 20-22 passes per game. That's just a stupid small amount and I dont understand Harbaugh and Romans obsession with just running the ball pretty much every down. This is the nfl, this will bite us in the ass when teams force us to pass. They have to let Kaep get used to throwing the ball more than just 20 times a game. I hope when roman leaves we get an OC who is pass first, run second. Because right now it's run first and second. People around here like being on the bottom when it comes to passing it seems.

They started off the season throwing the ball around, they fell in love with throwing the ball around and running gimmick plays. They started winning games when they got back to the run again. I really don't care how many times they throw the ball as long as they win games, you seem to be overly obsessed with passing statistics and Kaepernick throwing over 200 yards a game rather than what actually will win games for this team. I don't care if Kaepernick averages 100 yards a game passing if this team continues to win games.

A big part of the issue they've had with the passing game is that they don't have a credible #2 WR right now. Not Williams, not Baldwin, damn sure not Moore. Without a quality #2 WR, your passing game will always have issues. Teams have been free to focus almost entirely on Boldin and VD and put whoever is covering Williams/Baldwin on an island basically. Now hopefully that changes when Manningham returns, but if he's not playing up to par, this offense is still going to struggle and teams will continue to defend it the same way they have been all season.

This is why I'm so big on a possible Gordon trade, putting a guy out there across from Boldin that teams actually have to fear, in addition to VD, that makes the matchup incredibly difficult for opposing defenses, even moreso when Crabtree returns. But right now, defensive coordinators give f**k all about defending Kyle Williams or Jon Baldwin, their playcalling reflects that, they aren't concerned about either of those guys and it shows. Put a guy out there that defensive coordinators and their defenses will respect and watch the domino effect that it creates all across the offense.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
No question, 2 yrs running we have gotten plastered because we had no receivers come playoffs or SB time...ok, we had very few. But right now we have 4 top flite receivers in Boldin Vance, Vernon Baldwin. And, altho I wish it were LMJ, it is Miller, so throw him in there too. Whatever, we are entering 2nd half of season with 4 hot shot receivers. Problem this yr? Roman doesn't want to use them. OK, he has called 4 winning games in a row, all basic run games. Still, when we meet N.O. and later SEA, we aren't going to win with a piddle passing game and all runs. Both teams will Box 8 or 10 or 11 us to death unless we start throwing the 5-7 yd passes over the middle. Otherwise, put frank down for 70 yds on 25 carries running into a brick wall, the box 10. We cannot win running alone in those games. We beat handily sub par teams, with run game. Fine. Now we have to bring the other half of O into the mix or we just flat azz lose in NO and then at home against SEA. I assume roman is aware of that, but then again, roman sometimes seems not aware of much. I hope to see those 6-8 yd passé across the middle start to see some action. If not, we lose in N.O. and definitely against SEA.

As far as trading for another WR, why? We got 4 great receivers right now. How about roman using what we have and forget about trading for more "receivers"?

When did Vance and Baldwin become top flight receivers? lol. Vance has 6 receptions on 12 targets in his career, and Baldwin was traded for Jenkins.... Sure we shafted them on that trade, but still...Top flight?

Baldwin hasn't proven his talent. But let's face it: CK has not played to a high enough level the last 4 weeks. McDonald has way more pure talent than Walker had. Once the team unleashs him skys the limit.
Besides, if we are dreaming in trades why JGordon? Why not dream for AP? Or trade for Von Miller? We loved him at the draft. We have players to trade for him: Brooks, Willis (Big contract and aging) and plenty of picks to make it happen. Love Gore but he is too slow to get to the hole against really strong defenses like Seattle. AP behind that line would be AMAZING: Championship. Heck we may never throw again with him in the lineup.
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
the only trade is going to be during the draft when we trade up for sammy watkins

Puke
Originally posted by 804Niner:
The place is here and the time is now! We have to take advantage of what and who we have now...We aint building any more...Its Super Bowl or Bust!

You are always building.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
No trade!!! Just because some team might be willing to trade away a player we might have a need for doesn't mean it will work out. The player coming to a new team still had to learn to offense etc. it would be foolish in my opinion.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Takes two to tangio and I don't think the Browns are willing to trade away Gordon anymore.
The true question is, will all of our draft picks realistically make the team next year?

A trade is imminent, but for what? Perhaps we trade for more future draft picks? Or Move up in the draft?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Two more days!!!!!

One way or another somebody will not be happy.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Two more days!!!!!

One way or another somebody will not be happy.

LMJ is my guess.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by niners9ers:
I'm a lil worried about Trents comments about not interested in any trades, i think its a huge risk relying on Crabs & Manningham to come back from their injuries and play at the same level, ESPECIALLY CRABS... if he is nowhere close to playing like last year I don't think we make it to the big show. Just look at how Kenny Britt & Steve Smith(GIANTS) has played since their injuries. Maybe their injuries were different but its still something we should be concerned about.

Yes, because GM's are knowing for being 100% honest about their intentions.

We know that they've been discussing trades and have reached out to free agents such as Seymour, Baalke is doing what he can but he won't sacrifice the future for a questionable short term gain. It's not that a trade has to be available, the trade also has to make sense and be reasonable. I don't see many good trade fits out there for the 49ers. I'd love to see Josh Gordon added to this team, but not if Cleveland's asking price is ridiculous. I trust Baalke to do right by this team, to make a move or not make a move based on what is most favorable for the 49ers.

Everything Baalke does or doesn't do comes with the caveat "at the right price." Seymour is holding out for big money so the Niners will not sign him because of the price tag. If the Browns are asking for a 1st round pick for Gordon, I don't see Baalke doing the trade because it will also cost the Niners a veteran NFL deal to sign him long term, not a rookie contract. I would be surprised if the Niners did anything besides maybe jettisoning guys off the tail end of our roster (I.e. Baldwin, Stupar, Moore, Dobbs, etc).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i can not wait until this deadline passes so we can stop this nonsense about trades. i am sure if the niners start slow, half of the team will be traded away by halftime today
well we will find out soon.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i can not wait until this deadline passes so we can stop this nonsense about trades. i am sure if the niners start slow, half of the team will be traded away by halftime today

I can not wait either, but I will make a prediction that goes entirely against my better judgment.

We trade Baldwin, James, and our lower second to the Browns for Josh Gordon.

Just kidding....I think.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I can not wait either, but I will make a prediction that goes entirely against my better judgment.

We trade Baldwin, James, and our lower second to the Browns for Josh Gordon.

Just kidding....I think.
i would not want to give away a second but you know,, the baldwin and james part of it would make me really consider this