LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 191 users in the forums

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Shop Find 49ers gear online

TRADE OR NO TRADE

• pd24
  • Veteran
If we want, we can have Kenny Britt for almost nothing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:

he is a nutcase, if we trade for him, that better include a lobotomy for him
we have enough picks to make a bold move ....next year there wont be many spots up for grabs , I wouldnt be against sending off our 1st for some help
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
we have enough picks to make a bold move ....next year there wont be many spots up for grabs , I wouldnt be against sending off our 1st for some help

if we were young or rebuilding you can make a case for that but with the way this team is playing right now, the way it is built right now,,,,, we are not in a position to do that kind of crazy stuff. all the help we need is coming in the form of our own guys soon.i do not adhere to the theory that we NEED flash gordon
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

There is no point cos he sucks, I would rather play Baldwin more to give him an opportunity to show us what he can do.
Originally posted by cciowa:

if we were young or rebuilding you can make a case for that but with the way this team is playing right now, the way it is built right now,,,,, we are not in a position to do that kind of crazy stuff. all the help we need is coming in the form of our own guys soon.i do not adhere to the theory that we NEED flash gordon
The question really is, would Gordon make the Niners a better team? Yes.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

at the price of a number one or two pick? no. we are good now, guys coming back will make us better,, there is no need for flash,, only a want in my opinion
Originally posted by Rascal:
I don't know about being fixated on Seattle. All I know is when I look at the remaining schedule, the 2 strongest teams are the Saints and the Seahawks. Any argument there ? The 9ers have not lost to the Saints in 2 consecutive meetings whereas the Seahawks have not just beaten but literally annhilated us 2 games in a row. So, are you saying it doesn't make sense to place some emphasis on Seattle at least ?

Also, I am confused how by adding Gordon will make us lose some games ? Plus your concept of "don't fix something that ain't broke" is flawed. We have not been throwing the ball as much is because we are handicapped by our injured WRs. If you believe we can beat the tougher teams such as Seattle by throwing for say under 200 yards and with no passing TDs such as the case in the Titans game, I think you might need to think twice.

Whether Gordon can be our "saviour", that I don't know. But, what I do know is at least it is a step in the right direction. You will have a better understanding of what I am talking about if you can re-watch the Colts vs Seahawks game when you have time.

Losing to the shehawks @ that joke of a feild had very little to do with not having the personnel and more to do with not being able to hear. There was a reason they used to penalize teams for too much noise and I think they should still do it. You see how mediocre they are outside that crappy little noise generator. If they don't play better at the Stick than they did in St. Louis, they are going to get smacked down.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

at the price of a number one or two pick? no. we are good now, guys coming back will make us better,, there is no need for flash,, only a want in my opinion

It Just doesn't have to be Gordon ...I would be happy if we traded a mid round pick to add depth at WR ....I dont want to see our squad go into the playoffs thin at WR again ....I got my fingers crossed and hope Crabs and Mario come back in time to get into the swing of things before the playoffs

but I do hope we can acquire some help with a mid round pick ...but my dream is we go into the draft, loaded with picks , so that we can wheel and deal and get into position to grab an impact player for the offense AND defense....I trust our F.O
Why? We don't even use Moore (deep threat), McDonald, Hunter or Baldwin in the passing game? Gordon is going to come here and suddenly take all the receptions from Boldin and VD? I love the talent but don't see how THIS coaching staff would use him better than he's currently being used with the Browns. Hell, even Ginn looks like a world-beater with another team. If you trade a high draft pick you better use him and I'm not confident he'd get many bones thrown his way and if that, we'd take 1/2 a year just to catch him up to speed so all this talk of him helping out immediately may be a little misguided. I'm not even sure how we'll use a healthy Manningham and Crabtree to be honest. Hopeful but just not seeing it...we don't even use our first rounder in Baldwin (essentially).

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
No different than TO.

Got kicked off the 9ers for being a head case.

Cost Dallas a Superbowl run and got kicked off for being a cancer.

Wound up not wanted even though he could play.

Gordon will end up the same way.

Any of those "offers" a few teams made you can take to the bank weren't what some of you think they were.

Looks like the Browns are giving it one more try and likely forced to.

But hey, just gotta have him don't ya?

Niners aren't stupid enough to break the bank on a one year ticking time bomb.

Can't wait until Tuesday is past.

Dumb post of the day goes to....

Hes been a candidate in that category every day since he started posting here.

Yep.

People use the term "Headcase" in the stupidest ways. If Gordon is a headcase then I don't want to know what Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks are.

P.Cox has been in trouble as well... Crabtree has a red flag or two. Some call it being a "headcase", most people call it being human. Not every player who has an off the field issue is a headcase. Hell T.O. NEVER had any off the field issues and people brand him a headcase.

TO is a classic megalomaniac, thus he is a legit headcase. Gordon is likely gonna remain a Brown, Lombardi is a dumbass.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

There is no point cos he sucks, I would rather play Baldwin more to give him an opportunity to show us what he can do.

The Titians have offered us Britt.

And if we take Britt, the Titians will also give us their 5th round pick.

Still not sure if we should accept.
What a lot of you guys have to ask yourselves is...how much can he help this year? If we made the trade would the kid learn the offense quickly enough? This is academic of course because I think the browns have decided to keep him. I am not against giving a second for him, even throw in Williams, but Crabs and Manningham will be more than enough to put us over the top.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Why? We don't even use Moore (deep threat), McDonald, Hunter or Baldwin in the passing game? Gordon is going to come here and suddenly take all the receptions from Boldin and VD? I love the talent but don't see how THIS coaching staff would use him better than he's currently being used with the Browns. Hell, even Ginn looks like a world-beater with another team. If you trade a high draft pick you better use him and I'm not confident he'd get many bones thrown his way and if that, we'd take 1/2 a year just to catch him up to speed so all this talk of him helping out immediately may be a little misguided. I'm not even sure how we'll use a healthy Manningham and Crabtree to be honest. Hopeful but just not seeing it...we don't even use our first rounder in Baldwin (essentially).

good point. our coaching staff is potato
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What a lot of you guys have to ask yourselves is...how much can he help this year? If we made the trade would the kid learn the offense quickly enough? This is academic of course because I think the browns have decided to keep him. I am not against giving a second for him, even throw in Williams, but Crabs and Manningham will be more than enough to put us over the top.

Gordon isn't going to happen but I bet we make a move for an obscure name to take one of the spots of Moore (been inactive after starting as the #3), Williams (the 'zone might finally get their wish), or Patton (I'm really thinking that he is going on IR but that is just me).

I could see us trading for Britt if only to have a body and to try and rehab him into a good #3/4 option / plan B for possibly/likely losing Boldin and/or Manningham after this season.

But I'd expect it to be someone that nobody on this board has thought much about like Jason Avant , Jerome Simpson , Emmanuel Sanders , Jeremy Maclin .

They still won't happen but my point is that if we trade for a WR it'll be a player that nobody was expecting.
Share 49ersWebzone