There are 169 users in the forums

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Shop Find 49ers gear online

TRADE OR NO TRADE

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
No trade. Only action that may take place is the acquisition of a draft pick for one of Dixon, Nnamdi or Williams.

That would require a trade would it not?

• LVJay
  • Veteran
If we don't trade KW can we at least place LMJ/Dixon in front of him so that he can keep the bench warm during the cold season (coming up)?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Make the deal for Josh Gordon. Give a 2nd rounder. Get it done!

this, just do it

Probably take a first at this point. Still would be worth it.

I'd give them a 2 and a 4. We have multipe 4's just like we got two 2's. We can give up one. I'm not kidding. I would make that deal. 2 + 4. He's worth that. We win the Super Bowl with Gordon. The only thing holding us back is WR. All the picks won't make this team anyway. Don't we have like 13? That's too many. Like 5 - 6 guys make next years team. And we have proven to be horrible at drafting WR.

I'd make this deal straight up right now. 2 + 4 for Gordon. We still have lots of picks to have a good draft and solve our biggest need.
Gordon will be way too expensive and we aren't about to make a Percy Harvin type deal. It ain't our style. We can win with what we have at pass catcher as long as we continue to emphasize the run. People can't stop our run without selling out and when they do Kap makes them pay with the guys we got. With Crabtree and Mario coming back we will be lethal. Crabtree will get healthy and he is better than Josh. He catches on more than half his targets. If Gordon were TO I make the trade but he is not, Dez Bryant is
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

this, just do it

I'd give them a 2 and a 4. We have multipe 4's just like we got two 2's. We can give up one. I'm not kidding. I would make that deal. 2 + 4. He's worth that. We win the Super Bowl with Gordon. The only thing holding us back is WR. All the picks won't make this team anyway. Don't we have like 13? That's too many. Like 5 - 6 guys make next years team. And we have proven to be horrible at drafting WR.

I'd make this deal straight up right now. 2 + 4 for Gordon. We still have lots of picks to have a good draft and solve our biggest need.

2 + 4 or even 2 + LMJ, whichever works.

Gordon will give us a realistic chance in making a run for the Super Bowl.

Let's see how good Baalke is to convince the Browns to strike the deal.

We are at the 11th hour now, let's get it done !!
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
No different than TO.

Got kicked off the 9ers for being a head case.

Cost Dallas a Superbowl run and got kicked off for being a cancer.

Wound up not wanted even though he could play.

Gordon will end up the same way.

Any of those "offers" a few teams made you can take to the bank weren't what some of you think they were.

Looks like the Browns are giving it one more try and likely forced to.

But hey, just gotta have him don't ya?

Niners aren't stupid enough to break the bank on a one year ticking time bomb.

Can't wait until Tuesday is past.

Bro you are so far off base with your judgement of Gordon, please show me confirmed reports of him being a "locker room cancer" or a "headcase". The guy had an issue with prescription cough syrup, which is very easy to get addicted to. We have several players on this very team who have done worse. Gordon is better than any WR we have, if we can get him for a 2nd, I say take him.

I find it funny everyone that is anti a trade describes Gordon as a head case. Like i have said, i dont know how many times, he has a problem with Codeine. His teammates have been rallying around him the last few weeks and dont want him to be traded. I also find it funny that everyone acts like our staff would want nothing to do with him because he got suspended for Codeine.

Boone
Smith
Cox
Wright

All had or have red flags. Didnt stop the club from adding them to the roster. were talking about a kid with a Codeine problem, not some criminal mastermind, or locker room cancer.

Exactly. I understand if some zoners are against trading for Gordon. Cool. Agree to disagree. But to jump and make wild and ridiculous generalizations about the kid like he's some trouble making thug that will cause problems in the locker room is ABSURD! He appears to have substance abuse issues that are personal and he should seek to resolve but other than that, he seems like a likeable guy in the locker room and among the Browns fan base. There is not one shred of proof that he is T.O 2.0 or a locker room cancer. People with no point or argument to make resort to making stuff up and smearing Gordon's character because they don't want him on the team (for whatever reason). Smh.

this, just do it

I'd give them both 2nd rounders, we don't do s**t with them anyways.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

this, just do it

And who ever we take with those 2 they won't see the field for s**t
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

this, just do it

I like your style.

I would give up 2 2nds for a #1 receiver
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LVJay:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9887475/jayson-carter-4-foot-9-walk-debuts-rice-owls

Black Rudy?

Wait....why is that in this thread?

it's the zone, bro, it's the zone....

Wow, guy makes Tavon Austin look like a giant. Props to him though, he's probably had to work twice as hard as everyone just to make the team.

The announcer said he looks like a 3 yr old in there

But yeah, much props to the fella, that's a tough little dude...
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
I'd trade a 1st rounder for Gordon. He's already one of the better deep ball WR's in the game. The only risk with Gordon is his off the field persona, which will be managed by having Boldin and VD mentor the young star.

If we traded our late 1st rounder for Gordon, we'd still have:

- Two picks in round 2
- Two picks in round 3
- One pick either in round 3 or 4 (Dashon Goldson compensatory pick)
- One pick in rounds 4-6
- Four picks in round 7

That's 12 picks in total. GO GET GORDON!

Offer a first round pick when all it would take is a second round to get him.

How do you know it'll only take a 2nd? Remember that both the Chiefs pick and our pick will be a low 2nd rounder. I think it'll take our 1st rounder to get Gordon and he's worth it IMO!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't think a trade will happen tomorrow. If Baalke wanted to trade for a player he wouldn't wait for a dead line, he'd just do it. So everyone including me can just turn the page on the Josh Gordon trade or any other trade. It sucks I know, but don't worry things will be better once Manningham and Aldon Smith get back, at least that's what I keep telling myself.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
I'd trade a 1st rounder for Gordon. He's already one of the better deep ball WR's in the game. The only risk with Gordon is his off the field persona, which will be managed by having Boldin and VD mentor the young star.

If we traded our late 1st rounder for Gordon, we'd still have:

- Two picks in round 2
- Two picks in round 3
- One pick either in round 3 or 4 (Dashon Goldson compensatory pick)
- One pick in rounds 4-6
- Four picks in round 7

That's 12 picks in total. GO GET GORDON!

Offer a first round pick when all it would take is a second round to get him.

How do you know it'll only take a 2nd? Remember that both the Chiefs pick and our pick will be a low 2nd rounder. I think it'll take our 1st rounder to get Gordon and he's worth it IMO!

I was always reluctant to give up a 1st. But, the more I think about it, I think you do have a point. The most important of all is we need the help NOW and we can't wait until next year. And secondly, sometimes it can be difficult to draft WRs. Just look at Tavon Austin for an example, do you still think he is worth an 8th overall pick ? I would take Gordon over Austin any day.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't think a trade will happen tomorrow. If Baalke wanted to trade for a player he wouldn't wait for a dead line, he'd just do it. So everyone including me can just turn the page on the Josh Gordon trade or any other trade. It sucks I know, but don't worry things will be better once Manningham and Aldon Smith get back, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Realistically, I don't think many of us think it would happen, we just hope it would happen. Yes, no doubt it will suck big time if it doesn't go down. Things will become eventually better as Mario and Crab come back, but I just don't think it will be enough.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
All this trade talk makes me want to go to the thrift shop...

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

that is exactly what will happen in my opinion. things are not exactly tragic right now. we have found the game plan for the best way to have success and those missing pieces which will be added will only make it stronger. the need for our players to come back is greater than a want for flash gordon on his white steed, even if he is accompanied by his faithful indian companion
Share 49ersWebzone