There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Originally posted by cciowa:
no ones phones are ringing and nothing will happen tomorrow. we do not HAVE to have anyone,. we are not some young rebuilding team and those are the teams that makes these types of moves. two weeks ago most people did not know this gordon guy and now everyone is a expert and telling us how he could be the best, how we have to have him and how we will rue the day we let him go. laughable in my opinion

People have been talking about him since last year as a rookie. He's averaging almost 100 yards this year. Despite missing two games and barring injury he'll have more yards than any of our players.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Oct 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
no ones phones are ringing and nothing will happen tomorrow. we do not HAVE to have anyone,. we are not some young rebuilding team and those are the teams that makes these types of moves. two weeks ago most people did not know this gordon guy and now everyone is a expert and telling us how he could be the best, how we have to have him and how we will rue the day we let him go. laughable in my opinion

People have been talking about him since last year as a rookie. He's averaging almost 100 yards and over a TD a game this year. Despite missing two games and barring injury he'll have more yards than any of our players.

If he keeps up this pace, barring injury, he may end up being the NFL's leading receiver at the end of the season.
Gordon is 4 th in the nfl is average receiving yards per game behind Calvin, Julio and Blackmon...Julio is out for the year so that makes him third.

Not only that but it makes him elite.

I'd give up a first for him all day. Wouldn't you give a first rounder for anyone in top ten receiving yards? He'll I'd give up a first for anyone in the top 20 receiving yards, especially if they have a contract like Gordon.
[ Edited by rammer on Oct 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

People have been talking about him since last year as a rookie. He's averaging almost 100 yards and over a TD a game this year. Despite missing two games and barring injury he'll have more yards than any of our players.

If he keeps up this pace, barring injury, he may end up being the NFL's leading receiver at the end of the season.

Top 5 at least.

Top 5 at least.

If he kept his average and played through the three games he missed with suspension, he would currently be 50 yards ahead of Calvin Johnson for leading receiver in the NFL. Thats including Johnsons huge game on sunday. He would have close to 150 more yards than the #2 leading receiver, AJ Green.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM ]

Top 5 at least.

If he kept his average and played through the three games he missed with suspension, he would currently be 50 yards ahead of Calvin Johnson for leading receiver in the NFL. Thats including Johnsons huge game on sunday. He would have close to 150 more yards than the #2 leading receiver, AJ Green.

The dude is a stud. He only missed 2 games though. I expect Calvin to keep his average above 100 yards a game the rest of the season. Gordon will probably be around 1300 yards 8-10 TD's.

Top 5 at least.

The dude is a stud. He only missed 2 games though. I expect Calvin to keep his average above 100 yards a game the rest of the season. Gordon will probably be around 1300 yards 8-10 TD's.

Oh, sorry for the misinformation then. I thought he sat out three. He would be second in the league then had he kept his average through those two games.. If you average out his 97 yard average over the rest of the season you are correct, he would end with about 1350 yards.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM ]
If Gordon was so great there would be a multi-team battle going on for him.

How does the battle sound?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I can't wait for the trading deadline to pass and this insanity passes and some folks can go back to toying with making the perfect waffle and fight like hell that they have made it.
Originally posted by 49erWay:

I can't wait for the trading deadline to pass and this insanity passes and some folks can go back to toying with making the perfect waffle and fight like hell that they have made it.

There's never been any evidence that Cleveland is interested in trading him. All that's been said by Cleveland is that they are NOT trading him. Everything saying they want to trade him have been rumors. There have also been reports that multiple teams have made offers for him.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Oct 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erWay:

So you choose to ignore the stats he has put up with the browns simply so you can justify your own opinion. Got it.

Gordon HAS been great since he has been in the league. His stats don't lie about it.

You and everyone else is right about it being unlikely he is moved, but anyone that questions Gordons talent is flat out wrong.

He had a 16.1 average last season as a rookie, and he currently has an 18.2 average this season.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM ]
As good as he is on the field he's got legitimate off the field problems and that's why he was in the supplemental draft, suspended, and one strike away from a year suspension in his second year.

Physically I love the kid and I think he'll be a top 5 receiver if he gets his head on straight but the only reason Cleveland would ever consider trading him is he's a head case and buyer beware.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]
Originally posted by QBguru:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If you were, and no offense, that would not be smart. We couldn't afford to pay both Von and Aldon top dollar. Plus Gordon and Crabs top dollar. Not smart IMO.

None taken. I know you are the cap guy around here AB, glad you responded. I thought about the cap too. That is why I had us trading Brooks with his big contract so we had the chance to re sign Miller and Smith. Drafting a rookie ss so we can not have to pay whitner sized contract.

I agree we might not be able to resign both crabs and Gordon. Franchise Crabs in 15', Gordons deal done in 16' , see who you want to resign then.
Until then, watch a perfect duo give Kaepernick the weapons he needs to lead us to #6,7,and 8!

sorry missed the Brooks. Then it's possible. But would be tight. Wouldn't be opposed to it.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
As good as he is on the field he's got legitimate off the field problems and that's why he was in the supplemental draft, suspended, and one strike away from a year suspension in his second year.

Physically I love the kid and I think he'll be a top 5 receiver if he gets his head on straight but the only reason Cleveland would ever consider trading him is he's a head case and buyer beware.

It also seems as the weeks go on this season, the browns FO has become more comfortable with keeping him and building around him. He is saying all the right things to the media, and his teammates are rallying around him.

Had the right offer come 3-4 weeks ago, they likely would have pulled the trigger. Now they would be crazy to trade him for anything less than a first, and even then it would be a gamble for them with the team and the fan base.
So did we trade for Gordon yet?
So does everyone agree that we won't be making a move?