There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

• titan
  • Veteran
Nnamdi For Miles Austin. Keep Austin off until fully healthy. Just bored and talking smack.
Dixon for a 7th
Williams for an 8th
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We aren't SEA so we won't be doing any Percy Harbin type deals. With 6 top 100 picks we can get a couple great WRs in this draft. We just need to wait for Mario and Crabtree to get back. We will be fine with the style of football we are playing. Josh Gordon is just too expensive and then he will need to learn the offense and keep Boldin and Crabtree off the field and earn Kap trust. I will pass on that

Or we could get AJ Jenkins and another 3 year project. The difference between Harvin and Gordon is we don't have to extend him. Well not until 2016.

I agree with the guy saying Cleveland would be crazy to trade him that's why if they're that dumb to move him I'd be all over it. I'm not sure if people get how good he is because he's playing in Cleveland and was a supplemental pick.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 28, 2013 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We aren't SEA so we won't be doing any Percy Harbin type deals. With 6 top 100 picks we can get a couple great WRs in this draft. We just need to wait for Mario and Crabtree to get back. We will be fine with the style of football we are playing. Josh Gordon is just too expensive and then he will need to learn the offense and keep Boldin and Crabtree off the field and earn Kap trust. I will pass on that

Or we could get AJ Jenkins and another 3 year project. The difference between Harvin and Gordon is we don't have to extend him. Well not until 2016.

I agree with the guy saying Cleveland would be crazy to trade him that's why if they're that dumb to move him I'd be all over it. I'm not sure if people get how good he is because he's playing in Cleveland and was a supplemental pick.

This times a million. The guy is an elite level talent. Put him with an elite QB and he'll light it up. Elite speed, size, and hands. Make the deal Trent!
Lot of talk about Minnesota possibly trading Jared Allen. That should be something to look into. No idea what will happen with Aldon Smith and without him, I'm not sure we can win the Super Bowl. But if he does come back, can you imagine what that pass rush would look like?
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Lot of talk about Minnesota possibly trading Jared Allen. That should be something to look into. No idea what will happen with Aldon Smith and without him, I'm not sure we can win the Super Bowl. But if he does come back, can you imagine what that pass rush would look like?

Won't happen, we only have $1.4M in cap room, he is making over $15M in base, he would need to restructure, and what motivation does he have to do that. I sure as hell wouldn't if I was him. He is likely going for his last big contract. He will get $10-$12M a yr easily in 2014 offseason.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by gunslinger8:

Won't happen, we only have $1.4M in cap room, he is making over $15M in base, he would need to restructure, and what motivation does he have to do that. I sure as hell wouldn't if I was him. He is likely going for his last big contract. He will get $10-$12M a yr easily in 2014 offseason.

I guess the only motivation would be a shot at a ring. Dude could still walk after this season and cash in with whoever wanted to pay him that, but meantime, he'd be a champ.
There was an article a page away saying Denver would consider trading Von Miller. It said we are one of the interested teams. Probably bs, but I would give up a first and brooks for him. Him and Aldon together would be a guaranteed 30+ sacks together. OR could be in rehab together lol.

Then, give Browns our second rounder for Gordon and Then Viola, we have two MORE blue chip players added for a first and second rounder. Better than drafting an AJ Jenkins and Lamichael James again in the 14' draft.

Both are young and on their first contracts. If only I was GM...
Originally posted by QBguru:
There was an article a page away saying Denver would consider trading Von Miller. It said we are one of the interested teams. Probably bs, but I would give up a first and brooks for him. Him and Aldon together would be a guaranteed 30+ sacks together. OR could be in rehab together lol.

Then, give Browns our second rounder for Gordon and Then Viola, we have two MORE blue chip players added for a first and second rounder. Better than drafting an AJ Jenkins and Lamichael James again in the 14' draft.

Both are young and on their first contracts. If only I was GM...

If you were, and no offense, that would not be smart. We couldn't afford to pay both Von and Aldon top dollar. Plus Gordon and Crabs top dollar. Not smart IMO.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/23486/20131028/von-miller-trade-rumors-seattle-seahawks-san-francisco-49ers-patriots.htm

I don't believe it for a second, but we'd be unstoppable if we added von miller to our defense.

Miller and Aldon Smith on the same defense sounds nice, but we'd only have him for a year and a half. We can't afford to pay Willis, Bowman, Miller and Smith All-World money into the future. There is more to the game of football than linebackers.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If you were, and no offense, that would not be smart. We couldn't afford to pay both Von and Aldon top dollar. Plus Gordon and Crabs top dollar. Not smart IMO.

None taken. I know you are the cap guy around here AB, glad you responded. I thought about the cap too. That is why I had us trading Brooks with his big contract so we had the chance to re sign Miller and Smith. Drafting a rookie ss so we can not have to pay whitner sized contract.

I agree we might not be able to resign both crabs and Gordon. Franchise Crabs in 15', Gordons deal done in 16' , see who you want to resign then.
Until then, watch a perfect duo give Kaepernick the weapons he needs to lead us to #6,7,and 8!
[ Edited by QBguru on Oct 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM ]
NC is correct that why get Gordon when we already got two guys, Baldwin and vance, that are not being used. Plus we got frank and hunter. So we have two excellent receviers(thank you Phoenix) and four very good ones, two of which might just as well be inactive. Add Gordon for a 3rd guy we don't throw to? I don't get that. What I do get is we have great locker room, we have a few problems (Aldon, but hopefully that is on the mend), and we DO NOT have room in there for a bad apple. I don't care if Gordon can catch .22 slugs with his bare hands. The guy is sitting on the cusp of a one yr's suspension ( or some such, whatever not good) and I have a hard time believing Coach has the stomach for another locker room problem. We are doing just fine, and if someone wants to add to the receiver mix, just dial up vance or Baldwin. Both guys have caught whatever was catchable, and play their positions well. They just haven't had many chances. So heck, no....leave Gordon and his problems to someone else....and if SEA happened to get him, they import his personal problems as well. NO thanks. Besides that, AB has already shown we can't sign both crabs and Gordon in another yr.

I'm with cc on this. Please let Tues come and go. The trade talks for Dixon? Hmmmm. Wonder what they might be interested in? It also could just be b.s.
Gordon is the 15th ranked receiver based on yards. Thats with a three game suspension to start the year, and a who's who list of nobodys throwing him the football.

Only one receiver ahead of him has a higher average per reception, Torrey smith.

The kid is an absolute baller. One of the truly legit young WR talents in the league right now.

Cleveland would be insane to trade him away, and we would be insane not to trade for him if he is available.

He is averaging 97 yards a game right now. If you added 97 yards per game for his three missed games due to suspension he would 50 yards ahead of the leading receiver in the NFL.

Some people are either intentionally downplaying this kids ability, or they simply have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to Josh Gordon. Kid has potential to not only be a top WR in this league, but he has potential to be THE BEST WR in the league.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no ones phones are ringing and nothing will happen tomorrow. we do not HAVE to have anyone,. we are not some young rebuilding team and those are the teams that makes these types of moves. two weeks ago most people did not know this gordon guy and now everyone is a expert and telling us how he could be the best, how we have to have him and how we will rue the day we let him go. laughable in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
no ones phones are ringing and nothing will happen tomorrow. we do not HAVE to have anyone,. we are not some young rebuilding team and those are the teams that makes these types of moves. two weeks ago most people did not know this gordon guy and now everyone is a expert and telling us how he could be the best, how we have to have him and how we will rue the day we let him go. laughable in my opinion

You may not have known about him, but that doesnt mean he was an unknown commodity. He put up real solid numbers last season as a rookie. And no, rebuilding teams do not trade away draft picks, they gather them. Veteran teams with a need at a specific position makes trades like this. Wanna guess which veteran team needs a WR?

This discussion didnt just start out of nowhere, it started with rumors of us being interested in a Gordon trade.

We certainly dont have to have him, but he certainly would be a great addition to this roster. Whats laughable is people assuming that one of the very best young WR's in the game right now wouldnt get playing time over a guy like Manningham. Whats laughable is people putting all of their faith in two WR's comming off serious injurys. Whats laughable is people assuming we can put up 30+ points against playoff calibur teams with only our running game working. Whats laughable is people assuming our passing game is magically gonna come together at the last minute without us doing anything to address it...

Could it happen? sure, but i certainly wouldn't bet on it. Just like i wouldnt bet on us getting Gordon. But that doesnt mean that Gordon wouldnt be a huge addition to this roster regardless.