There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
No question, 2 yrs running we have gotten plastered because we had no receivers come playoffs or SB time...ok, we had very few. But right now we have 4 top flite receivers in Boldin Vance, Vernon Baldwin. And, altho I wish it were LMJ, it is Miller, so throw him in there too. Whatever, we are entering 2nd half of season with 4 hot shot receivers. Problem this yr? Roman doesn't want to use them. OK, he has called 4 winning games in a row, all basic run games. Still, when we meet N.O. and later SEA, we aren't going to win with a piddle passing game and all runs. Both teams will Box 8 or 10 or 11 us to death unless we start throwing the 5-7 yd passes over the middle. Otherwise, put frank down for 70 yds on 25 carries running into a brick wall, the box 10. We cannot win running alone in those games. We beat handily sub par teams, with run game. Fine. Now we have to bring the other half of O into the mix or we just flat azz lose in NO and then at home against SEA. I assume roman is aware of that, but then again, roman sometimes seems not aware of much. I hope to see those 6-8 yd passé across the middle start to see some action. If not, we lose in N.O. and definitely against SEA.

As far as trading for another WR, why? We got 4 great receivers right now. How about roman using what we have and forget about trading for more "receivers"?

Dude, did you get into Walter White's secret stash or something? You keep repeating this absurd claim that absolutely holds no water. Neither McDonald nor Baldwin qualify as "top flight" receivers. Right now McDonald is less effective than Delanie was on offense, in time he'll be utilized more and will be a better player but he's had little impact this season. Baldwin, until further notice, is a bust, he's a guy who KC pawned off on the 49ers in an even bust-for-bust exchange, his NFL career will likely amount to nothing and he could very well end up getting released as soon as the dead money is gone.

Repeating something absurd doesn't make it anymore true because you repeat it 50 times or more.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for Eastcoastniner.
the only trade is going to be during the draft when we trade up for sammy watkins
Originally posted by 16to87:
No trades!! .......................because we need to keep stockpiling 7th round picks

I'm fine with Baalke stockpiling late round draft picks. When the right opportunity comes along, he makes the most of them. I mean.... we got Boldin for a 6th round pick!
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
I've asked it once, I will ask it again. Are any of these dudes akin to what Deion Sanders gave us in 94'?
Originally posted by fropwns:
I've asked it once, I will ask it again. Are any of these dudes akin to what Deion Sanders gave us in 94'?

Gordon would be a major shot in the arm for the offense if they could pull it off, even if he didn't catch a single ball, teams would have to respect his ability and downfield speed.
Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman for Larry Fitzgerald and a first rounder
Phonenix, uhh, just out of curiousity, have you seen Baldwin and Vance thrown to anywhere near as often as Delanie? No. Have you seen anyone thrown to as much as crbs got thrown to last yr? No. Have you by chance noted a downward slope in the # of passes completed, let alone thrown? Yes. Isn't it reasonable to assume then that for whatever reason roman has decided( surely with JH), that we are going to throw way less than previous yrs? I'll assume your answer is yes.

Then if the above is correct, how in the world can you make a statement that either vance or Baldwin are not top flite receivers if the OC doesn't call for passes to them?
If you have watched the passes that vance has caught (and Baldwin), you are looking at some high caliber receivers....who are NOT getting thrown to. When they do get that rare chance they catch their infrequently thrown passes....and look dam good in doing so. Your premise is based upon the fact that Delanie had more production than either one of these guys. Yup, you sure are right there. But how many chances have they had? Correct. Precious few. But when thrown to, Unlike delanie, they don't drop a good percentage of the "have to catch balls.". How many times, Phoenix, have you watched Delanie break everybody's hearts with drops that could easily have been caught. He went elsewhere because Coach H knew he could get way better talent than Delanie....and he did. As for Baldwin, the guy had 44 catches at inept KC with a krappy qb, and horrible coaching. We got him for another of our 1st rd pick WR busts (Rashuan Woods comes to mind), in exchange for a guy who has had 2 yrs and 44 catches under his belt. AJ never even caught a pass in reg season...for 2 yrs. Baldwin is a monumental improvement, turning lemons into lemonade.

Phoenix, you don't like Baldwin's talent? Watch him over the next few games (if he even gets a chance) and you will see a very very good receiver. Same goes for VAnce, who has huge sticky hands and if in range the kid catches the ball. Also both guys don't have a huge problem getting off LOS...So you think those guys are both less than excellent receivers? Fine, that's your opinion. But that means that you haven't watched the few chances they have had, and it also means our inept OC is misusing talent that is being wasted. Hey, we drafted and traded just fine. Their problem is for whatever reason, rock hard head roman just flat azz doesn't use them...and that is borderline criminal, with two very very good receivers. How many balls have those guys dropped they should have caught. Right. Very dam few.

Cruise right on Phoenix with your opinion. But once roman wakes up,(which I hope is in the near future) watch 2 fine receivers come to the fore. Everything I have seen from those two guys to date was just plain good football. Count up the amazing collection of drops by Delanie, and these two guys look all world....except roman just won't throw not only to them , but hardly anyone else. That works against crummy teams, say our last four games, but not against elites.

Roman keeps this up and we are going to get rammycackled by N.O. and SEA. Against those two teams we need 4 good receivers...in action... catching 5-7 yarders over the middle for us to win. Otherwise frank is running into a box 10 or 11 each play....and that doesn't beat either of those teams.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Since when does this team NEED WR's to make it to the Super Bowl?

Our WR trade options suck:

Gordon is a accident waiting to happen

Nicks can't catch the ball and is clearly not the same he once was

Britt is a hothead idiot

I will pass unless I can steal them for peanuts.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Since when does this team NEED WR's to make it to the Super Bowl?

Our WR trade options suck:

Gordon is a accident waiting to happen

Nicks can't catch the ball and is clearly not the same he once was

Britt is a hothead idiot

I will pass unless I can steal them for peanuts.

See above
I wouldn't even give peanuts for these mokes
[ Edited by NinerTy on Oct 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM ]
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Obvious football brain fart
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
No question, 2 yrs running we have gotten plastered because we had no receivers come playoffs or SB time...ok, we had very few. But right now we have 4 top flite receivers in Boldin Vance, Vernon Baldwin. And, altho I wish it were LMJ, it is Miller, so throw him in there too. Whatever, we are entering 2nd half of season with 4 hot shot receivers. Problem this yr? Roman doesn't want to use them. OK, he has called 4 winning games in a row, all basic run games. Still, when we meet N.O. and later SEA, we aren't going to win with a piddle passing game and all runs. Both teams will Box 8 or 10 or 11 us to death unless we start throwing the 5-7 yd passes over the middle. Otherwise, put frank down for 70 yds on 25 carries running into a brick wall, the box 10. We cannot win running alone in those games. We beat handily sub par teams, with run game. Fine. Now we have to bring the other half of O into the mix or we just flat azz lose in NO and then at home against SEA. I assume roman is aware of that, but then again, roman sometimes seems not aware of much. I hope to see those 6-8 yd passé across the middle start to see some action. If not, we lose in N.O. and definitely against SEA.

As far as trading for another WR, why? We got 4 great receivers right now. How about roman using what we have and forget about trading for more "receivers"?

When did Vance and Baldwin become top flight receivers? lol. Vance has 6 receptions on 12 targets in his career, and Baldwin was traded for Jenkins.... Sure we shafted them on that trade, but still...Top flight?

I have a feeling tomorrow will tell us what Gordon's price will be.

If he has a good game, it's easily a first rounder. If not, its a second and a player.

After what Willis Mcgahee said about Gordon, I believe it might have lowered his value.

Add to this if Cleveland wins tomorrow, which is unlikely against KC, they will likely keep him for another week.

One thing is for sure, this guy is on the outs with not only management but his teammaters. I hope he is just misunderstood and needs direction. This is the team that can give it to him.

Anybody remember that guy that just made it into the hall of fame?
Phonenix, uhh, just out of curiousity, have you seen Baldwin and Vance thrown to anywhere near as often as Delanie? No. Have you seen anyone thrown to as much as crbs got thrown to last yr? No. Have you by chance noted a downward slope in the # of passes completed, let alone thrown? Yes. Isn't it reasonable to assume then that for whatever reason roman has decided( surely with JH), that we are going to throw way less than previous yrs? I'll assume your answer is yes.

We need to bring our passing attempts up. I think we are averaging about 20-22 passes per game. That's just a stupid small amount and I dont understand Harbaugh and Romans obsession with just running the ball pretty much every down. This is the nfl, this will bite us in the ass when teams force us to pass. They have to let Kaep get used to throwing the ball more than just 20 times a game. I hope when roman leaves we get an OC who is pass first, run second. Because right now it's run first and second. People around here like being on the bottom when it comes to passing it seems.

Then if the above is correct, how in the world can you make a statement that either vance or Baldwin are not top flite receivers if the OC doesn't call for passes to them?
If you have watched the passes that vance has caught (and Baldwin), you are looking at some high caliber receivers....who are NOT getting thrown to. When they do get that rare chance they catch their infrequently thrown passes....and look dam good in doing so. Your premise is based upon the fact that Delanie had more production than either one of these guys. Yup, you sure are right there. But how many chances have they had? Correct. Precious few. But when thrown to, Unlike delanie, they don't drop a good percentage of the "have to catch balls.". How many times, Phoenix, have you watched Delanie break everybody's hearts with drops that could easily have been caught. He went elsewhere because Coach H knew he could get way better talent than Delanie....and he did. As for Baldwin, the guy had 44 catches at inept KC with a krappy qb, and horrible coaching. We got him for another of our 1st rd pick WR busts (Rashuan Woods comes to mind), in exchange for a guy who has had 2 yrs and 44 catches under his belt. AJ never even caught a pass in reg season...for 2 yrs. Baldwin is a monumental improvement, turning lemons into lemonade.

Phoenix, you don't like Baldwin's talent? Watch him over the next few games (if he even gets a chance) and you will see a very very good receiver. Same goes for VAnce, who has huge sticky hands and if in range the kid catches the ball. Also both guys don't have a huge problem getting off LOS...So you think those guys are both less than excellent receivers? Fine, that's your opinion. But that means that you haven't watched the few chances they have had, and it also means our inept OC is misusing talent that is being wasted. Hey, we drafted and traded just fine. Their problem is for whatever reason, rock hard head roman just flat azz doesn't use them...and that is borderline criminal, with two very very good receivers. How many balls have those guys dropped they should have caught. Right. Very dam few.

Cruise right on Phoenix with your opinion. But once roman wakes up,(which I hope is in the near future) watch 2 fine receivers come to the fore. Everything I have seen from those two guys to date was just plain good football. Count up the amazing collection of drops by Delanie, and these two guys look all world....except roman just won't throw not only to them , but hardly anyone else. That works against crummy teams, say our last four games, but not against elites.

Roman keeps this up and we are going to get rammycackled by N.O. and SEA. Against those two teams we need 4 good receivers...in action... catching 5-7 yarders over the middle for us to win. Otherwise frank is running into a box 10 or 11 each play....and that doesn't beat either of those teams.

Two fine receivers? McDonald is still catching up to speed, Baldwin has been a bust for KC, expecting him to all of a sudden turn into a gamebreaking receiver is a stretch, your first hint should have been that KC willingly gave him up for AJ Jenkins. There is absolutely nothing to support your contention that either of them are "top-flight" receivers. You're basically throwing conjecture out there and blaming the situation on Roman when the reality is that the only healthy receiver that the 49ers have who isn't garbage is Anquan Boldin. Kinda hard to get it done with one quality healthy WR, particularly one who is up there in years and was never that fast to begin with.

All this talk about "how many chances have they had" is a bit ridiculous. If guys show that they can step up and make plays, the football will come their way, simple as that. Right now, the only ones who consistently have shown they can get it done are VD and Boldin, beyond that, everyone is hoping and praying that Manningham and Crabtree are back to playing at their same previous level otherwise this team ends up screwed in the playoffs.