There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I like Baldwin but I'd make this trade with no hesitation. Lets see what happens in the next 48+ hours. Pull the trigger Baalke

• LVJay
  • Veteran
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9887475/jayson-carter-4-foot-9-walk-debuts-rice-owls
Originally posted by LVJay:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9887475/jayson-carter-4-foot-9-walk-debuts-rice-owls

Black Rudy?

Wait....why is that in this thread?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Interesting trade proposed by @AdamSchefter: Browns WR Josh Gordon to the 49ers for a second-round pick and WR Jon Baldwin

Done!

Yeah, I do that in a heart beat.

Can we also throw in Williams and/or Moore? Just to be nice.

that would be nice
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Black Rudy?

it's the zone, bro, it's the zone....
  • Silky
  • Veteran
i dont know guys kyle williams is our future just give him more time
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
i dont know guys kyle williams is our future just give him more time

Are you out of your cotton picking mind?

Black Rudy?

it's the zone, bro, it's the zone....

Wow, guy makes Tavon Austin look like a giant. Props to him though, he's probably had to work twice as hard as everyone just to make the team.
Interesting trade proposed by @AdamSchefter: Browns WR Josh Gordon to the 49ers for a second-round pick and WR Jon Baldwin

I like Baldwin but I'd make this trade with no hesitation. Lets see what happens in the next 48+ hours. Pull the trigger Baalke

Me too. I like the kid and thinks he should be given a chance. But, if it means he has to be part of the package to land Gordon, then too bad. Pull the pin, Baalke !!

Lol it feels like the Dwight Howard sweepstakes all over again, the Warriors ended up making a big move but not for the intended player in Howard but for Iggy.

The Niner could be doing the same thing, there is probably a player on the trading block that only Ballke knows about and is crafting a nice offer, Obviously LMJ brings more to the Niners offense in the return game and in the regular offense(if used correctly, like last season) Than Kyle Williams will ever do, And Jim knows that, why don't you guys understand that if tweets were the only negative about LMJ that Jim would still play him.

Please, Jim doesn't care much about that IMO, for gods sake he let an alcoholic with a hangover play in the colts game, Ballke and Jim are prolly keeping him healthy on the bench as a trade add on for a deal. Now that the Chiefs have OFFICIALLY won 8 games so the niners now have two second round picks officially, the pieces are now in place, so now I fully expect some kinda deal to fall thru within the next 48 hours.

Possible trades...

2nd rounder(Browns get the lowest 2nd rounder once the season ends) + LMJ(Or Jon Baldwin) + 2015 5th rounder(or 4th rounder only if needed) for Josh Gordon

4th rounder + LMJ for Hakeem Nicks. Reason: Giants finally found a solid north south runner in Hillis, now need a scat back to complement him, they're only 2 games back in the east. 1 year rental? Eff it you can never have TOO much WR depth... 2011 NFCCG game...

Anthony Dixon, to anyone for a 5th-7th round pick, or as an add on in a trade. Reason: Osgood, and D. Morris have replaced Dixon as special team ace's, and Hunter finally seems near 100%

Jon Baldwin, as an add on in a trade.
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Oct 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:

Me too. I like the kid and thinks he should be given a chance. But, if it means he has to be part of the package to land Gordon, then too bad. Pull the pin, Baalke !!

I feel the exact same way. I wanted Baldwin to get more looks because I do think he has some potential. But if he can become apart of a successful trade package that brings Gordon to SF, I am all for it. No question. Gordon is just on another level, it's ridiculous. He's a special talent that you don't pass on especially at a reasonable price. Yes, he has his issues but perhaps change of scenery and environment is what he needs. Do it Baalke.
I don't see how Cleveland couldn't trade Josh to us, we'd have the best deal, and they wouldn't be unloading him onto another AFC team (which could cost them in the future).

This is a player who offers 'instant-impact'; when you see both the Colts AND New England showing heavy interest in this guy (whom are suffering horribly at the position), I honestly doubt that he's some 'fluke', or overrated trade prospect. -He's gonna be catching huge passes in the playoffs from an elite QB.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:

I feel the exact same way. I wanted Baldwin to get more looks because I do think he has some potential. But if he can become apart of a successful trade package that brings Gordon to SF, I am all for it. No question. Gordon is just on another level, it's ridiculous. He's a special talent that you don't pass on especially at a reasonable price. Yes, he has his issues but perhaps change of scenery and environment is what he needs. Do it Baalke.

I don't know whether this is the right thread to bring this up, but I feel one of our problems is we don't really target anyone else in our receiving corps (as in WRs, excluding TE, RB and FB) other than our No. 1 and 2 with great consistency. In other words, we don't spread the ball around to ease predictability and dilute the opposing D's coverage. Tom Brady spreads the ball around and even Russell Wilson throws it to just about all his receiving options from Tate to Rice to Kearse to Baldwin. This is unfortunate for our young hopefuls and precisely why kids like Jon Baldwin hasn't been given a fair shot.
It's funny, normally I would say no way any trade happens his late in the year, but I couldn't have foreseen knowing we have the Alex second rounder this early.....it makes it a lot more interesting. I don't know what the FO will do now.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Im going to predict Niners trade for a WR that can also return punts

Antonio Brown from the Steelers, Pitt isnt going anywhere.
or
Julian Edelman from the Pats, Pats just got Amendola back and their rookie recevers are getting better