There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Interesting trade proposed by @AdamSchefter: Browns WR Josh Gordon to the 49ers for a second-round pick and WR Jon Baldwin

Done!
Originally posted by AUniner:
Jared Allen isn't going anywhere with his contract. Vikes will probably cut in offseason for savings even if they have bigger problems, new coach & qb to start with.

This. Allen's contract is huge, he's not going anywhere. People need to stop bringing up high-salary players as if they are even remotely feasible for the 49ers. 49ers have just under a million dollars in cap space right now, other than Josh Gordon there's basically nobody that they can afford.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Is the FO slick enough to trick a team into trading Williams for a shiny new penny?

Not even worth a penny found in the sewer at this point.

LOL! Wow, ye of little faith
I think we should go after A.Brown from the steelers.
He would fix our return issues
and provide an explosive threat in the pass game.

Steelers season is done,offer them a 2nd or 3rd
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Jared Allen isn't going anywhere with his contract. Vikes will probably cut in offseason for savings even if they have bigger problems, new coach & qb to start with.

This. Allen's contract is huge, he's not going anywhere. People need to stop bringing up high-salary players as if they are even remotely feasible for the 49ers. 49ers have just under a million dollars in cap space right now, other than Josh Gordon there's basically nobody that they can afford.

Yep Allen making about 14 mil this year so you can guess that he is due about half yet. We have like 1.4 mil (Gordon making about 800k so half left or so) so he works. Allen would mean we'd have to clear like 6 million or more in cap space. So basically if they arent on a 2nd or later round rookie contract forget about them. I recommend to people who tying the players name in google with the words roto as in rotoworld after it. So "jared allen roto" and then click the 1st link and will say view contract details and you can see what they are making so you know if they make too much to fit under our cap or not. Only way a high priced player would work if we traded him for another high priced player.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana1977:

If it can be done (financially), that's not a bad idea.

No way in hell steelers trade him, plus he's being paid pretty well more than we can afford
If the asking price is a 1st rounder, I absolutely would deal it for Josh Gordon. This team has a window to win Superbowls, and that window is open right now. THe only major flaw on this team is the WR corps. Gordon is a top 10 WR on talent, and he brings the dimension lacking from every other receiver on this roster - Size and speed to break a game open down the field. His contract is small. his talent is huge. There is a risk with his character, yes, but honestly he just needs to hold it together for 13 more weeks to make an impact in a Super Bowl. You will not be able to draft a WR that good with a pick in the bottom 10 of the 1st round, where the Niners are likely to pick. And Baalke's/the Niner track record on Receivers in the draft is very spotty.

Trading for Gordon is a win-now move that could also be a great future move if he doesn't get in trouble off the field again. He's better than anyone the can draft next year. They have other picks to fill spaces. Offer the Browns a 2014 1st rounder, offer to throw in James if they want more, and get Gordon over here ASAP. Gordon on the outside, Crabtree over the middle, Vernon down the seam and Gore running the ball is a Super Bowl Recipe. Standing pat is a cop out - team should have won the SB in 2011, should have won in 2012...these windows don't stay open forever.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Interesting trade proposed by @AdamSchefter: Browns WR Josh Gordon to the 49ers for a second-round pick and WR Jon Baldwin

Done!

Yeah, I do that in a heart beat.

I don't think they would shop him a year and a half after signing him long term. He was their replacement for Wallace. I think a guy like him does better in Pittsburghs offense because they throw deep a lot. Is he an underneath guy at all? Haven't watched Pitt much recently. Anyways, if they would shop him which I don't think they would it could work since he is due: 2013: $650,000 (+ $3.85 million "signing" bonus) (so steelers paid signing bonus so 650k or whatever is left of that would fit under our cap. The rest of his years aren't bad but would mean we might have to let one of our guys go: I'd probably pass and save it for our own. 2014-2015: $6 million, 2016: $8.25 million, 2017: $8.71 million, 2018: Free Agent
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

No way in hell steelers trade him, plus he's being paid pretty well more than we can afford

I feel ya, but it would be a real nice addition (Boldin/Crabs/MM/VD/Brown)... couldn't cover all of them. Hopefully, Patton comes back strong and Baldwin proves to be worth anything...
[ Edited by LVJay on Oct 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM ]

Schefter must be lurking for "exclusive" trade ideas.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't think they would shop him a year and a half after signing him long term. He was their replacement for Wallace. I think a guy like him does better in Pittsburghs offense because they throw deep a lot. Is he an underneath guy at all? Haven't watched Pitt much recently. Anyways, if they would shop him which I don't think they would it could work since he is due: 2013: $650,000 (+ $3.85 million "signing" bonus) (so steelers paid signing bonus so 650k or whatever is left of that would fit under our cap. The rest of his years aren't bad but would mean we might have to let one of our guys go: I'd probably pass and save it for our own. 2014-2015: $6 million, 2016: $8.25 million, 2017: $8.71 million, 2018: Free Agent

^^
Originally posted by mayo49:

Done!

Yeah, I do that in a heart beat.

Can we also throw in Williams and/or Moore? Just to be nice.

I like Baldwin but I'd make this trade with no hesitation. Lets see what happens in the next 48+ hours. Pull the trigger Baalke