There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TRADE OR NO TRADE

TRADE OR NO TRADE

I'm a lil worried about Trents comments about not interested in any trades, i think its a huge risk relying on Crabs & Manningham to come back from their injuries and play at the same level, ESPECIALLY CRABS... if he is nowhere close to playing like last year I don't think we make it to the big show. Just look at how Kenny Britt & Steve Smith(GIANTS) has played since their injuries. Maybe their injuries were different but its still something we should be concerned about.
Originally posted by niners9ers:
I'm a lil worried about Trents comments about not interested in any trades, i think its a huge risk relying on Crabs & Manningham to come back from their injuries and play at the same level, ESPECIALLY CRABS... if he is nowhere close to playing like last year I don't think we make it to the big show. Just look at how Kenny Britt & Steve Smith(GIANTS) has played since their injuries. Maybe their injuries were different but its still something we should be concerned about.

Yes, because GM's are knowing for being 100% honest about their intentions.

We know that they've been discussing trades and have reached out to free agents such as Seymour, Baalke is doing what he can but he won't sacrifice the future for a questionable short term gain. It's not that a trade has to be available, the trade also has to make sense and be reasonable. I don't see many good trade fits out there for the 49ers. I'd love to see Josh Gordon added to this team, but not if Cleveland's asking price is ridiculous. I trust Baalke to do right by this team, to make a move or not make a move based on what is most favorable for the 49ers.
NFL =/= baseball, NBA, soccer etc.

trades are the exception to the norm in the NFL and there isn't a league-wide dash to get deals done before the deadline like u see in other sports (stop & think and try to remember the last big midseason trade in the NFL, especially the niners for that matter) most teams, bar catastrophic injury to an important position player, play it safer with maintaining their roster & current depth and keeping what draft picks they have/stockpiled
Just trade everyone N get it done with
I would have traded a late 2nd when Gordon first came on the block like week 3-4 or so. Now they probably want a 1st and that's too much for me. That being said I don't think we trade for a WR. After we got back on track I expected us to just go with what we have. If we would have went to from 1-2 to like 2-4 or whatever then it would have been more likely but we survived and are 5-2 and probably 6-2 heading into the bye. Just doesn't seem to make sense to trade now especially for a 1st. It would have made more sense when we were 1-2 or 2-2. As for Nicks not a big fan. Injuries, his play is down, he he is a 1/2 year rental, just don't think he is worth more than a 5th, late 4th is pushing it for me. As for Britt never wanted any part of him and Blackmon if he was put on the market I'd give up like a 3rd since he is close to being suspended for a long period as well and he isn't the WR Gordon is. I'm sure Jaguars would want a late 1st at the worst so won't happen.
No question, 2 yrs running we have gotten plastered because we had no receivers come playoffs or SB time...ok, we had very few. But right now we have 4 top flite receivers in Boldin Vance, Vernon Baldwin. And, altho I wish it were LMJ, it is Miller, so throw him in there too. Whatever, we are entering 2nd half of season with 4 hot shot receivers. Problem this yr? Roman doesn't want to use them. OK, he has called 4 winning games in a row, all basic run games. Still, when we meet N.O. and later SEA, we aren't going to win with a piddle passing game and all runs. Both teams will Box 8 or 10 or 11 us to death unless we start throwing the 5-7 yd passes over the middle. Otherwise, put frank down for 70 yds on 25 carries running into a brick wall, the box 10. We cannot win running alone in those games. We beat handily sub par teams, with run game. Fine. Now we have to bring the other half of O into the mix or we just flat azz lose in NO and then at home against SEA. I assume roman is aware of that, but then again, roman sometimes seems not aware of much. I hope to see those 6-8 yd passé across the middle start to see some action. If not, we lose in N.O. and definitely against SEA.

As far as trading for another WR, why? We got 4 great receivers right now. How about roman using what we have and forget about trading for more "receivers"?
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
No question, 2 yrs running we have gotten plastered because we had no receivers come playoffs or SB time...ok, we had very few. But right now we have 4 top flite receivers in Boldin Vance, Vernon Baldwin. And, altho I wish it were LMJ, it is Miller, so throw him in there too. Whatever, we are entering 2nd half of season with 4 hot shot receivers. Problem this yr? Roman doesn't want to use them. OK, he has called 4 winning games in a row, all basic run games. Still, when we meet N.O. and later SEA, we aren't going to win with a piddle passing game and all runs. Both teams will Box 8 or 10 or 11 us to death unless we start throwing the 5-7 yd passes over the middle. Otherwise, put frank down for 70 yds on 25 carries running into a brick wall, the box 10. We cannot win running alone in those games. We beat handily sub par teams, with run game. Fine. Now we have to bring the other half of O into the mix or we just flat azz lose in NO and then at home against SEA. I assume roman is aware of that, but then again, roman sometimes seems not aware of much. I hope to see those 6-8 yd passé across the middle start to see some action. If not, we lose in N.O. and definitely against SEA.

As far as trading for another WR, why? We got 4 great receivers right now. How about roman using what we have and forget about trading for more "receivers"?

When did Vance and Baldwin become top flight receivers? lol. Vance has 6 receptions on 12 targets in his career, and Baldwin was traded for Jenkins.... Sure we shafted them on that trade, but still...Top flight?

You forgot Kilgore 5GREAT
caps made me click
Originally posted by niners9ers:
You forgot Kilgore 5GREAT

Kilgore running the "9" route every play is all we need.
Hakeem Nicks, half season rental, then drop him.

In all honesty, I get the idea for long term success, but without aggressive FA in '94, we're most likely still only at 4 rings.
Gordon is easily worth a second and a fourth say.....yes even with his prior issues. The Seahawks can not keep up with speed Wrs and he is definitely one. This move would put us over the top and Crabtree may require a bigger contract soon bigger than Gordon anyway. We have too many draft picks and this would be a great move, even if he gets suspended for a,year or the rest of his dam career, if he helps us win just 1 sb, that is worth way more than a second round pick
The place is here and the time is now! We have to take advantage of what and who we have now...We aint building any more...Its Super Bowl or Bust!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

When did Vance and Baldwin become top flight receivers? lol. Vance has 6 receptions on 12 targets in his career, and Baldwin was traded for Jenkins.... Sure we shafted them on that trade, but still...Top flight?

LOL. You beat me to it. Jon Baldwin is "top flight" ?! The kid has only played in 4 games with 3 receptions out of 6 targets for 28 yards. I like the kid, but he is nowhere near "top flight" yet that I can assure you !!

Also, I don't know how exactly do you define "top flight", "top flight" to me is Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson type guys.

What you can say is we have 2 good receivers in Anquan and Vernon. But, more importantly you need to look at the issues we have been having with our passing game. When we play top teams such as Seattle, they don't respect our passing game cos they have us figured out. Anquan while physical and great with his hands lacks speed to get off the line of scrimmage once you put a good corner on him such as a Sherman, so that's our short to intermediate game shut down. That only leaves Vernon for the deep routes and all you need to do is key in on him.

What we need is another speed guy who can burn the DBs and split the deep routes with Vernon to spread thin the secondary coverage so Kap can take long shots downfield. This shouldn't come to you as a surprise cos this issue has been well-documented for years now, it is the Achilles' heel of the 9ers. Don't forget, Baalke drafted AJ Jenkins exactly for the purpose of resolving this glaring issue, but of course he turned out to be a complete bust, still hovering in KC with 1 NFL regular season catch and 6 yards. So, I don't quite understand why all of a sudden people are saying we will be alright once Mario and Crab come back. Using Seattle as an example again, we already tried it with Mario and Crab in the line-up and we still got smoked. Plus, is just unrealistic to expect Mario and Crab will be 100% at the top of their game the moment they come back. Just look at RG3, it took him 5 games and a bye week before he started to click, that's a total of 6 weeks.

So, as you can see there is no question we need another legit deep threat WR to get our passing game going again cos as it stands we are currently ranked 31st, next to last in passing offense in the league, that is how acute the problem is.
No trades!! .......................because we need to keep stockpiling 7th round picks