There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners Contract Extensions 2013

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'd go from Brock, Brown, and Iupati. I really like what I've seen from Tramaine Brock, and I'm hoping he can remain with the team as the 3rd CB. Tarrell Brown is the obvious choice since they are trying to "make it right' with him. Mike Iupati is the third since they began work on this some months back. If they do reach an agreement with Brock and Brown, I'd say Carlos Rogers is all but a lock to be released. Sad thing is, he isn't a bad player. It's just that salary.

Brock can become #2 if he keeps playing like this. Heck he is bordeline #1 CB the way he is playing. He's playing out of his mind right now. Who knew he was such a ball hawk and had real good speed too?

seriously huh! it makes me wonder how the coaching staff didn't see this before

Well, they DID keep him on the team over Cooper.

but they also kept nmandi over cooper
I would not mind acquiring Mike Glennon from Tampa Bay, just to keep competition at the qb position intense.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Mike Glennon is the Bucs' starting qb.
Originally posted by niteshade80:
I would not mind acquiring Mike Glennon from Tampa Bay, just to keep competition at the qb position intense.

If Crabs comes back and looks like himself I hope they go Crabs > Lupati for a contract extension.

I'm not impressed with Lupati

Mike Iupati- this one is a given. Best guard in the league and one of the niners top priorities should be to keep our O-line together. Our offense's strength starts with the big 5 guys upfront lead by Big Mike

Wait, what? Best guard in the league? He's not even the best guard on the 49ers! Iupati is a decent NFL guard, better than average in the run game and average at best in pass blocking. For some reason he has a lot of hype and people think he is better than he is. I would like to resign him and keep the continuity on the OL but only for a contract that makes sense considering his play.

Boone is going to be much more important to keep. 1st round pick or not.
[ Edited by Gavintech on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Mike Iupati- this one is a given. Best guard in the league and one of the niners top priorities should be to keep our O-line together. Our offense's strength starts with the big 5 guys upfront lead by Big Mike

Wait, what? Best guard in the league? He's not even the best guard on the 49ers! Iupati is a decent NFL guard, better than average in the in game and average at best in pass blocking. For some reason he has a lot of hype and people think he is better than he is. I would like to resign him and keep the continuity on the OL but only for a contract that makes sense considering his play.

It's both amazing, and great to see Boone and Brock get deals when they were UDFAs. Love both. Wasn't on Brock bandwagon at first, but he made me a believer.

Also, Boone will get extended sooner than later. He makes too little. He is a $5M a yr RG IMO. And worthy. He has been better than Iupati this year. Iupati has looked average.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
If Crabs comes back and looks like himself I hope they go Crabs > Lupati for a contract extension.

I'm not impressed with Lupati

Lupati it's catching on
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Wait, what? Best guard in the league? He's not even the best guard on the 49ers! Iupati is a decent NFL guard, better than average in the run game and average at best in pass blocking. For some reason he has a lot of hype and people think he is better than he is. I would like to resign him and keep the continuity on the OL but only for a contract that makes sense considering his play.

yea I wrote this before iupati started to suck. I think he has been hampered by injuries but even if he gets back to his old form I would like us to use the money elsewhere. But we might need a C also for next year so we might have to use a 2nd a big man upfront