LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

Niners Contract Extensions 2013

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/10/25/baalke-49ers-talking-extensions-with-several-players/

So its turn out there are rumors that Baalke is trying to extend 3 niners right now. Who do you guys think it is?

Mike Iupati- this one is a given. Best guard in the league and one of the niners top priorities should be to keep our O-line together. Our offense's strength starts with the big 5 guys upfront lead by Big Mike

Tramaine Brock- I think he is the more realistic option than Brown. He has shown he is a quality CB and playmaker. I don't want to say I am fully on the Brock bandwagon just yet but he is by far the better value. I wouldn't be mad to see us go into 2014 with brock, culliver, High draft pick Rookie, Wright, Morris, and possibly a veteran FA

Michael Crabtree- He is a #1 WR and most importantly Kaps trusts him! After his injury he could be extended cheaper than we thought. If this extension does not work out then i would say the extension goes to Boldin for another 2 years. But either way i think he will play out his contract thru 2014 but i hope we can retain him

What 3 players do you guys think or hope we will extend?
boldin, brown, iupati
Brown, Brock, Iupati would be my guess if i was a betting man.
Brock, Boldin and Iupati would be my 3.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Brock has been playing good for 3 weeks, Boldin is old, and right now Iupati is in a major slump. Unless they figure right now his value is lower. I dont think those 3 would be the best choices. Iupati will be extended, but I think Boone deserves it more.

I think Brown gets extended, partially because he got screwed in the offseason and we said wed make it up to him. Provided Crabtree comes back strong, he'll get an extension as well.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
boldin, brown, iupati

Crabtree. Kap. Aldon.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Brock has been playing good for 3 weeks, Boldin is old, and right now Iupati is in a major slump. Unless they figure right now his value is lower. I dont think those 3 would be the best choices. Iupati will be extended, but I think Boone deserves it more.

I think Brown gets extended, partially because he got screwed in the offseason and we said wed make it up to him. Provided Crabtree comes back strong, he'll get an extension as well.

Boone's contract runs through 2015, pretty sure the guys whose contracts are expiring at the end of this season and next are bigger priorities. Brown might get an extension, but only if his salary demands are reasonable. Brock would be significantly cheaper to extend right now, that's why I see the 49ers looking at extending him, if he continues to play like this, he'd be a great value.

Iupati is injured, he's been having a bad season but let's be reality, for what this team is built to do, he does very well, he's a very important piece.

Boldin right now is the only healthy credible receiver the 49ers have, it'd be foolish for them to not at least kick some rocks around and see what it would take to bring him back for another season or two.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Crabtree. Kap. Aldon.

They can't even talk about extending Kaepernick until after this season.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
boldin, brown, iupati
+1. Or, if not Brown, I'd take Brock as he would come pretty cheap. But, please let two definitely be Iupati and Boldin.

Boone's contract runs through 2015, pretty sure the guys whose contracts are expiring at the end of this season and next are bigger priorities. Brown might get an extension, but only if his salary demands are reasonable. Brock would be significantly cheaper to extend right now, that's why I see the 49ers looking at extending him, if he continues to play like this, he'd be a great value.

Iupati is injured, he's been having a bad season but let's be reality, for what this team is built to do, he does very well, he's a very important piece.

Boldin right now is the only healthy credible receiver the 49ers have, it'd be foolish for them to not at least kick some rocks around and see what it would take to bring him back for another season or two.

Short extensions usually arent made midseason. At Boldins age, you want to wait until the season is over and hes healthy first.

Iupati might not be 100% healthy, but hes making a ton of mental mistakes as well. Hes missed some pretty easy blocks this year. Id wait to see if he regains his previous form.

Short extensions usually arent made midseason. At Boldins age, you want to wait until the season is over and hes healthy first.

Iupati might not be 100% healthy, but hes making a ton of mental mistakes as well. Hes missed some pretty easy blocks this year. Id wait to see if he regains his previous form.

I think he is hurting TBH. Like i said he had a similar surgery in College. When i saw he had the surgery in the off season it worried me a bit. Its certainly an injury that would effect a OG negatively. Its the only logical explanation for his drop off in play IMO.
Iupati and Brock would be who I would try to extend right now for sure. I'm not sure on Crabtree. He's injured a lot. And he strikes me as a guy who will want top money if he can get it. Remember he wanted #1 pick money for being the #10 pick and held out for months. There is no way he will be easy to sign. We may have to draft a WR. He was never a burner anyway and like I said he can't stay healthy.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Iupati and Brock would be who I would try to extend right now for sure. I'm not sure on Crabtree. He's injured a lot. And he strikes me as a guy who will want top money if he can get it. Remember he wanted #1 pick money for being the #10 pick and held out for months. There is no way he will be easy to sign. We may have to draft a WR. He was never a burner anyway and like I said he can't stay healthy.

I would agree. Before Brock was injured he was intercepting passes, when he began starting again this year he once again intercepted passes. There are some players that have a nose for the ball, Brock fits in that category. I'm a big Iupati fan but it's a position that can be plugged in. If the price is right sign him. Crabtree is another matter, judging by past actions he will demand max. I think Jerry Jones will pay up, we won't.
Brock, Iupati, and Boldin. The darkhorse is Manningham on the cheap.

Yes, I definitely think Brown is a lock for an extension considering the off-season events.

The remaining two extensions are a toss-up in my opinion. Considering our previous extensions of Ahmad Brooks, Alex Boone, and Ian Williams well prior to them becoming stars, let a lone starters, I will expect the unexpected.
Share 49ersWebzone