There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who gets cut to make room for our reinforcements?

Please don't mess with Special Teams, leave that group alone.
Dobbs for Carradine
Moore for Manningham
Asomugha for Wright
Cunningham for Aldon.Smith
Stupar for Moody
K.Williams for Crabtree (Or Patton goes to IR)
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Dobbs for Carradine
Moore for Manningham
Asomugha for Wright
Stupar for Moody

I'm down with this.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Dobbs for Carradine
Moore for Manningham
Asomugha for Wright
Stupar for Moody

I'm down with this.

Yep.......That's it.
cunningham wont last, but he will stay until aldon smith returns.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Dobbs for Carradine
Moore for Manningham
Asomugha for Wright
Stupar for Moody

I'm down with this.

Williams getting cut is wishful thinking. Just ain't gonna happen. Patton to IR.
We have WAY too many exclsuive special teamers... it should be:

Marlon Moore
Nate Stupar
Bubba Ventrone
Kassim Osgood
Owen Marecic (is he still on the 53 man?)
Tony Jerrod Eddie

After cutting 5 guys with literally 0 O/D contributions and still having guys like Moody, Morris, Skuta, and Spillman we would save roster spots with minimal loss. Vetrone may get a pass simply being the punt protector, but we realistically need to find someone else that can fill that role (ie. Spillman or Moody). TJE gets cut simply for numbers as we're adding Dial and Carradine.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Oct 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Tank, Manningham, Moody, Wright, and Aldon Smith are possible-to-likely to get on the 53-man roster, perhaps as soon as this coming week. That's five spots to clear away. I'm sure there's been some chatter here and there in individual threads, but let's throw it out there: Who's your top 5 cuts on the roster:

I'll start:

Asamugha
Marlon Moore
Jermaine Cunningham
Nate Stupar
McLBT

mcLBT? n***a what?

and when crabtree comes back, who is let go?

Crabtree will be traded to Jacksonville for a 7th.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Tank, Manningham, Moody, Wright, and Aldon Smith are possible-to-likely to get on the 53-man roster, perhaps as soon as this coming week. That's five spots to clear away. I'm sure there's been some chatter here and there in individual threads, but let's throw it out there: Who's your top 5 cuts on the roster:

I'll start:

Asamugha
Marlon Moore
Jermaine Cunningham
Nate Stupar
McLBT

mcLBT? n***a what?

and when crabtree comes back, who is let go?

Crabtree will be traded to Jacksonville for a 7th.
No offense, but you're out of your mind.

I'd say he would net closer to a conditional 6th round pick in a hypothetical trade.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Williams getting cut is wishful thinking. Just ain't gonna happen. Patton to IR.

Which is also only a hypothetical. Unless Patton's foot has taken a turn for the worst, he should be back around late November, early December at the latest.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
We have WAY too many exclsuive special teamers... it should be:

Marlon Moore
Nate Stupar
Bubba Ventrone
Kassim Osgood
Owen Marecic (is he still on the 53 man?)
Tony Jerrod Eddie

After cutting 5 guys with literally 0 O/D contributions and still having guys like Moody, Morris, Skuta, and Spillman we would save roster spots with minimal loss. Vetrone may get a pass simply being the punt protector, but we realistically need to find someone else that can fill that role (ie. Spillman or Moody). TJE gets cut simply for numbers as we're adding Dial and Carradine.

But those exclusive special teams guys are the reason our coverage units have significantly improved over last year. I wouldn't touch those guys at all (Ventrone, Osgood, Morris) - especially since there are reasonable cuts in other areas.

To be honest, at the beginning of the season, I didn't think we needed so many ST guys. But they have been tremendous this year.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by olapac:
But those exclusive special teams guys are the reason our coverage units have significantly improved over last year. I wouldn't touch those guys at all (Ventrone, Osgood, Morris) - especially since there are reasonable cuts in other areas.

To be honest, at the beginning of the season, I didn't think we needed so many ST guys. But they have been tremendous this year.

+1 Our special teamers are burying guys behind the 20..behind the 10..Don't touch that group. I don't have the stat but I would bet we were in the top 5 for stopping kick returns. Also, to those guys that are still crying over Williams..he isn't going anywhere playing double duty as KR and WR.