There are 211 users in the forums

Who gets cut to make room for our reinforcements?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Tank, Manningham, Moody, Wright, and Aldon Smith are possible-to-likely to get on the 53-man roster, perhaps as soon as this coming week. That's five spots to clear away. I'm sure there's been some chatter here and there in individual threads, but let's throw it out there: Who's your top 5 cuts on the roster:

I'll start:

Asamugha
Marlon Moore
Jermaine Cunningham
Nate Stupar
McLBT
Originally posted by sspiker:
Tank, Manningham, Moody, Wright, and Aldon Smith are possible-to-likely to get on the 53-man roster, perhaps as soon as this coming week. That's five spots to clear away. I'm sure there's been some chatter here and there in individual threads, but let's throw it out there: Who's your top 5 cuts on the roster:

I'll start:

Asamugha
Marlon Moore
Jermaine Cunningham
Nate Stupar
McLBT

namdi is a goner, dude has been really unimpressive.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Oct 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

I'll start:

Asamugha
Marlon Moore
Jermaine Cunningham
Nate Stupar
McLBT

namdi is a goner, dude has been really unimpressive

this

also MM says Patton might land on IR when Mario returns.

Patton remains out indefinitely with a fractured right foot that he sustained Sept. 26 against the St. Louis Rams. He is a potential candidate to land on injured reserve when the 49ers add Mario Manningham and Michael Crabtree from the reserve/physically unable to perform list in the coming weeks.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-plan-roster-moves-nov-9-game
[ Edited by susweel on Oct 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM ]
Nnamdi hasn't been as bad as everyone thinks. I think most of it came from the Packers game. I will say he was a little slower than I thought he would be. I think he will be cut when Wright comes back due to him being the odd man out more than anything. Plus injuries don't help, he missed 2 (or 3?) games and it really puts you at a disadvantage. A lot can change in that time. If he doesn't get hurt he might still be our #3 or 4 or 5. Morris is doing well on ST and next year we will likely need him at CB (maybe as high as 4). I'm not so sure Wright is better than Nnamdi but they wouldn't have kept him around and gave up a 7th then brought him back after the failed physical if they didn't think he was worth it.

At Marlon Moore is definitely gone whether it be when Manningham gets back or another player. I don't see Osgood going anywhere the rest of the year. Should eventually look like Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Baldwin, Osgood, Patton. When Crabtree gets back I'd say Patton could go to IR, Williams could be cut or Baldwin even. Personally, I'd have Cox returning punts and kicks and Williams would be gone. Baldwin is signed through next year and I'd like to give him an offseason to see if he can improve. If it was up to me it would eventually look like Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Patton, Osgood (ST active), Baldwin (inactive). Until Patton gets healthy it would be Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Osgood, Patton (inactive).

I think Stupar will be cut either when Moody comes back or when Carradine is back. If Stupar is cut for Moody then TJE or Dobbs get cut when Tank is back. McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Dial, Dobbs/TJE. Then ILB Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody

Also, don't see Cunningham being cut until Aldon gets back. He is the reserve guy if Lemonier or Skuta would get hurt. If 1 gets hurt we'd rather have someone who knows the playbook a little bit and familiar with the scheme then bring a guy off the street and expect him to play day 1. Not saying it's impossible he gets cut just think that's what happens.

Also, don't expect us to cut the 3rd QB and go with 2. We will probably keep Bethel-Thompson until we find a guy who's potential we like better.

And by the way you should search or look around there is a thread on this on page 2 already. There have been about 6 threads on the topic in the past few months.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175150-who-cut-make-room-dial-carradine-manningham-wright/
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Nnamdi hasn't been as bad as everyone thinks. I think most of it came from the Packers game. I will say he was a little slower than I thought he would be. I think he will be cut when Wright comes back due to him being the odd man out more than anything. Plus injuries don't help, he missed 2 (or 3?) games and it really puts you at a disadvantage. A lot can change in that time. If he doesn't get hurt he might still be our #3 or 4 or 5. Morris is doing well on ST and next year we will likely need him at CB (maybe as high as 4). I'm not so sure Wright is better than Nnamdi but they wouldn't have kept him around and gave up a 7th then brought him back after the failed physical if they didn't think he was worth it.

At Marlon Moore is definitely gone whether it be when Manningham gets back or another player. I don't see Osgood going anywhere the rest of the year. Should eventually look like Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Baldwin, Osgood, Patton. When Crabtree gets back I'd say Patton could go to IR, Williams could be cut or Baldwin even. Personally, I'd have Cox returning punts and kicks and Williams would be gone. Baldwin is signed through next year and I'd like to give him an offseason to see if he can improve. If it was up to me it would eventually look like Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Patton, Osgood (ST active), Baldwin (inactive). Until Patton gets healthy it would be Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Osgood, Patton (inactive).

I think Stupar will be cut either when Moody comes back or when Carradine is back. If Stupar is cut for Moody then TJE or Dobbs get cut when Tank is back. McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Dial, Dobbs/TJE. Then ILB Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody

Also, don't see Cunningham being cut until Aldon gets back. He is the reserve guy if Lemonier or Skuta would get hurt. If 1 gets hurt we'd rather have someone who knows the playbook a little bit and familiar with the scheme then bring a guy off the street and expect him to play day 1. Not saying it's impossible he gets cut just think that's what happens.

Also, don't expect us to cut the 3rd QB and go with 2. We will probably keep Bethel-Thompson until we find a guy who's potential we like better.

And by the way you should search or look around there is a thread on this on page 2 already. There have been about 6 threads on the topic in the past few months.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175150-who-cut-make-room-dial-carradine-manningham-wright/

Good stuff Gore_21.

I agree with everything actually. I think 2 QBs is risky, especially with Bethel-Thompson getting to know the system, It would be tough to bring in another QB off the street, who may not learn the playbook until playoffs. I rather neither he or Mccoy play, but I get worried when Defenders go after Kap's knees. Akeem Ayers got flagged for going below the knees last week. And rightfully so, sick of seeing injuries on uncalled penalties. Ian Williams broke his ankle cause JR Sweezy went low for no reason. Thankfully Kevin Williams didn't get hurt in that preseason game when Looney went low. Williams looks better from what I have seen. My dad's a Vikes fan, already knows they aren't going anywhere, and Ponder is terrible. Didn't like Freeman's debut. That man knows most of the players on the team, and he is in his 60's. Of course it helps when his son(me) buys him a laptop,
Frank Gore
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Frank Gore

Either him or Harbaugh.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Good stuff Gore_21.

I agree with everything actually. I think 2 QBs is risky, especially with Bethel-Thompson getting to know the system, It would be tough to bring in another QB off the street, who may not learn the playbook until playoffs. I rather neither he or Mccoy play, but I get worried when Defenders go after Kap's knees. Akeem Ayers got flagged for going below the knees last week. And rightfully so, sick of seeing injuries on uncalled penalties. Ian Williams broke his ankle cause JR Sweezy went low for no reason. Thankfully Kevin Williams didn't get hurt in that preseason game when Looney went low. Williams looks better from what I have seen. My dad's a Vikes fan, already knows they aren't going anywhere, and Ponder is terrible. Didn't like Freeman's debut. That man knows most of the players on the team, and he is in his 60's. Of course it helps when his son(me) buys him a laptop,

Your a awesome son! Im loving guys coming back, but sucks cause same time some will lose jobs. Tho seattle may try n snag em all lol
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
namdi is a goner, dude has been really unimpressive.

Nobody was the first three weeks lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Andy Lee, McDermott, Hunter and Dixon......

Better not be Daryl Morris, it'd be like Colin Jones all over again, he's just started to make his mark on special teams and provides a speed element that nobody else in the secondary does.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

merge? mods?

I'll start:

Asamugha
Marlon Moore
Jermaine Cunningham
Nate Stupar
McLBT

mcLBT? n***a what?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I'll start:

Asamugha
Marlon Moore
Jermaine Cunningham
Nate Stupar
McLBT

mcLBT? n***a what?

and when crabtree comes back, who is let go?
Share 49ersWebzone