There are 171 users in the forums

"Stingers are back"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good week 8 write up focusing on the 49ers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Week-8-cheat-sheet-frank-gore-colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-102413
Good article. The fact were only one game back in the division with the amount of injuries we've had says a lot about the depth and character of this team. When were at full strength we will be well be unstoppable.
Agreed...if we win this game, we are quietly 6-2 going into the bye week with potentially Manningham, Crabtree, Wright, Moody, Aldon, et al. joining the team with other guys getting more healthy: J.Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Willis, etc. 6-2 is where most of thought we'd be through the first half of the year and we did it through some serious adversity.

Panthers - Using their personnel well (even Ginn) and seem to be rolling right now. Very tough game esp. given their defense looks great right now.
@ Saints - We need this game for positioning in the NFC playoff race.
@ Redskins - Are starting to click and this game is going to be a tough one.
Rams - Psychologically, we are in their heads. Watch out for a trap game!
Seahawks - Benchmark game for us in our house.
@ Buccaneers - Thank you Gold$son for Reid; by this stage, they may be checked-out mentally.
Falcons - Looking poor and by this stage, they may be checked-out mentally.
Cardinals - We should have this one; by this stage, they may be checked-out mentally.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Week-8-cheat-sheet-frank-gore-colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-102413

Lol dude picked the bucs
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Lol dude picked the bucs

lol
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed...if we win this game, we are quietly 6-2 going into the bye week with potentially Manningham, Crabtree, Wright, Moody, Aldon, et al. joining the team with other guys getting more healthy: J.Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Willis, etc. 6-2 is where most of thought we'd be through the first half of the year and we did it through some serious adversity.

Panthers - Using their personnel well (even Ginn) and seem to be rolling right now. Very tough game esp. given their defense looks great right now.
@ Buccaneers - Thank you Gold$son for Reid; by this stage, they may be checked-out mentally.
Cardinals - We should have this one; by this stage, they may be checked-out mentally.

I agree that we are going to see what the Pantheres are made of in two weeks. But we should beat them at home coming out of hte bye. Saints will be a tough test. It's up to our defense to slow them enough. Hopefully we have some ballers in the receiving game back by then. We will beat the skins. Not worried. That team is a mess and so is Griffin right now. He's not 100%, I don't care what anyone says. He may be running fine but he isn't fully dominating and he is missing lots of throws. I'll be more scared to face cousins. We will beat the Rams, We HAVE TO beat the hawks. (Or not, we may back into the NFC west when Wilson gets hurt. It seems boutn to happen) We will kill the Bucs falcons and Rams. I think we are definately good enough to split our tough games adn go 6-2 down the stretch. We could come out 7-1. We won't be worse than 5-3. I think 12-4 will be enough to win the division. Hopefully we can get the bye.It has been a great season so far. Looking forward to the second half. I have high hopes that the return of Manningham and Crabs is going to put our offense through the stratosphere.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

I agree with everything but the Washington game. Did you see how bad they choked yesterday?

Biggest curveball is if Washington is one of the teams trying to acquire Gordon from Cleveland and they succeed.

There is no reason to say we won't go 5-3 or 6-2 in the second half. We've played NO well every time we've faced them, even when the game plans were being AS-handicapped. If/when we beat Carolina you can pencil in a 6-2 2nd half record with a plus or minus 1 because we could easily beat NO(based on recent history) and Seattle(games are much closer and hard fought at home).
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 28, 2013 at 8:26 AM ]
I honestly expect New Orleans to throw the kitchen sink at us. We need to be prepared for everything. Even though they may be the darlings of the NFC, I think they may feel they need to "prove" themselves by beating the 49ers. It's similar to how we badly want to beat Seattle. When a good team gets two straight on you, you definitely take notice. it's no small task getting three straight on a good team. Hopefully we can do it. Carolina will be a test, but I think we should be able to handle them. With Seattle, if we play clean, smart football, I honestly don't think they can beat us @ home. My gut says we can do 7-1 down the stretch, but 6-2 seems more like the safe pick.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I honestly expect New Orleans to throw the kitchen sink at us. We need to be prepared for everything. Even though they may be the darlings of the NFC, I think they may feel they need to "prove" themselves by beating the 49ers. It's similar to how we badly want to beat Seattle. When a good team gets two straight on you, you definitely take notice. it's no small task getting three straight on a good team. Hopefully we can do it. Carolina will be a test, but I think we should be able to handle them. With Seattle, if we play clean, smart football, I honestly don't think they can beat us @ home. My gut says we can do 7-1 down the stretch, but 6-2 seems more like the safe pick.

The way we're playing right now, combined with getting healthier, I believe we can run the table. Big key will be whether or not we can get Aldon back. If he makes it back, Carradine can have as much of an impact as we all hope and Wright plays at the level he did in Tampa, this, gentlemen, will be the best D in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone