LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 339 users in the forums

49ers Upcoming Opponents.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

Link...
[ Edited by VDSF on Oct 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM ]
its not really a leak. this stuff is determined years in advance.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
2015 looks good. We have a shot to have home field and play the SB at home.
The schedule is based on a formula and you can figure it out for years in advance. It's no leak.

It's 3 division home, 3 division away. Rotating of 3 other NFC divisions. So 1 year you play NFCN teams, next NFCS, next NFCS. You switch home and away so the year you play the NFCN say Packers and Vikings would be home and 3 years later when you play the division Packers and Vikings would be away. Same with the AFC... rotate between the 4 divisions and play each team in the division every 4 years. So AFCS 1 year, next AFCW, next AFCN, next AFCE... you will play each team once every 4 years and on the road every 8. So like the Titans we played them in 2009 at home, 2013 on the road so we will play them at home in 2017 and on the road in 2021. So that's 6 division, 4 NFC Division, 4 AFC Division, then 2 teams that finishes in the same place as you in the division from rotating NFC divisions. So next year is NFCS away, NFCN home... so right now 2nd place would be the Lions I believe and Panthers. If we would finish in 1st would be Saints away, Packers home again. That rotates as well; if you look on the schedule for each year you can see it rotating.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM ]
oh VD...with the new scheduling you can come up with a 2050 opponents list
Originally posted by pd24:

It sure does and that would be amazing. You just never know though. Half those rotten teams could be contenders by then. And we could just as easily be hurting by then. Never can tell whats going to happen in the NFL from season to season. Its what makes it great!!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
The schedule is based on a formula and you can figure it out for years in advance. It's no leak.

It's 3 division home, 3 division away. Rotating of 3 other NFC divisions. So 1 year you play NFCN teams, next NFCS, next NFCS. You switch home and away so the year you play the NFCN say Packers and Vikings would be home and 3 years later when you play the division Packers and Vikings would be away. Same with the AFC... rotate between the 4 divisions and play each team in the division every 4 years. So AFCS 1 year, next AFCW, next AFCN, next AFCE... you will play each team once every 4 years and on the road every 8. So like the Titans we played them in 2009 at home, 2013 on the road so we will play them at home in 2017 and on the road in 2021. So that's 6 division, 4 NFC Division, 4 AFC Division, then 2 teams that finishes in the same place as you in the division from rotating NFC divisions. So next year is NFCS away, NFCN home... so right now 2nd place would be the Lions I believe and Panthers. If we would finish in 1st would be Saints away, Packers home again. That rotates as well; if you look on the schedule for each year you can see it rotating.

My only thing is why did we play the raiders at home in 2006 and 2010? Aren't we suppose to switch off every year?
Originally posted by NinerG94:

It sure does and that would be amazing. You just never know though. Half those rotten teams could be contenders by then. And we could just as easily be hurting by then. Never can tell whats going to happen in the NFL from season to season. Its what makes it great!!

yea its not like the nba where teams are good for twenty years.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
its not really a leak. this stuff is determined years in advance.

rain on the mans parade why don't u.
This is not a schedule, but a list of opponents.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
My only thing is why did we play the raiders at home in 2006 and 2010? Aren't we suppose to switch off every year?

Yeah same with the chiefs we played them twice on the road instead of once at home (06 and 10). I think one year they flipped it around no idea why. Yeah last time we played the Chiefs at home was 2002. I think they said 2010 they modified it, that could be why.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM ]
2014 has some classic matches. I'm digging it.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

whats classic about the gay ass chargers, eagles, and redskins? the only home game that's intriguing is KC
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

whats classic about the gay ass chargers, eagles, and redskins? the only home game that's intriguing is KC

probably can add GB and NOLA to the list again..if we can win the Div
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Exactly. I'm sure a team could've looked at us from 2008-2010 as a future opponent from 2011-2013 and thought it would've been an easy victory. You just never know what will happen from season to season. Even the hapless Chiefs of 2012 when from 2-14 to 7-0 at the moment.

There are certain teams that I don't expect to stay down for long. The Ravens, Steelers, and Giants are among them.
Share 49ersWebzone