There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do the 49ers have to run the table to get homefield advantage and win the NFC West?

Do the 49ers have to run the table to get homefield advantage and win the NFC West?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
So if we both lost to colts and to each other who wins the tie breaker?

I don't know? That's a good question? Suppose we beat Seattle at home and each win out for 14 - 2. What then?

Tiebreaker rules state that after head to head, division record, common games record, and conference record, the next would be strength of victory. (combined W/L/T% of teams defeated).

So in the scenario of us beating SEA and both finishing 14-2, it would come down to the better record of the teams we beat. So basically Vikings and Giants for SEA, and Packers and Redskins for the 49ers, which are our only uncommon opponents this year. Considering the Packers and Redskins will probably end up with a better combined record than the Giants and Vikings, we will probably gain that tiebreaker. (Giants/Vikings are 2-11 so far, Packers/Redskins are 6-6).

lol so provided we win out, it looks good for us.

I don't know? That's a good question? Suppose we beat Seattle at home and each win out for 14 - 2. What then?

Tie should go to the reigning div champion

1.Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5.Strength of victory.y
6.Strength of schedule.
7.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9.Best net points in common games.
10.Best net points in all games.
11.Best net touchdowns in all games.
12.Coin toss

Lmao if all else fails its won with a coin toss. Instead of coin toss they could
Do a team tug of war between o-line :)
The way I see it we lose tie due to they didn't lose big to colts
[ Edited by westcoastchamp on Oct 24, 2013 at 1:56 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think 13-3 gets us the division.

Where are you seeing 2 or maybe 3 more losses for Seattle?

Atlanta, us, New Orleans.

New Orleans is on the road up there. I don't know? That's tough.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I think they can give them a good battle, even at their place.
There seems to be a perception that we can't beat Seattle away. Just to mention, I recall a certain finesse team who had to go to Soldier Field in the depths of winter.

B E A R W E A T H E R.

But we nailed them. With our injured players back and a bit of time to prepare we will put the Seahawks back where they belong.

A game of chess between Harbaugh and Carroll would decide it then.

The only loses I'm seeing for the hawks is the game with the niners at home. And NO even though it's a home game, I just see the saints coming in and not being effected by the noise, Drew Bree's and S Payton back at coach I think they can do it. Also I think possible lose is vs the giants, Just one of those games that the hawks could over look, I know they haven't done much this season, but they do have a good defense, Eli and the Wr core to matchup well, Question is will the offensive line block and the running backs get a yard.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Oct 24, 2013 at 3:55 AM ]
the seahawks are not losing another game. Maybe the niners can give them a run for their money, but they should win every game.

the playoffs are a different story, doe.

I think they can give them a good battle, even at their place.

Superdome is pretty loud as well, and GB did in fact beat the mighty 12th man last year (doesnt show up on the records, but come on) SEA seems like Clark Kent on the road, but at home they arent quite Superman. NO will be playing for playoff posistion as well. Payton would much rather the playoffs go through NO or SF than through SEA so he will certainly bring his A game for this. I can see the Saints winning up there.

Also, I wouldnt write off the Seahawks trip to NYG. Yes, the 1-6 Giants. This team always seems to get hot at the right time. If they beat Chip Kelly this Sunday, they are still in the division race (as sad as that is) This could be a huge game for them later in the year, and if Eli smells a playoff run, East Coast game, I could certainly see an upset in this one.

As for SEA going to ATL. If Julio wasnt out, I'd be more optimistic. ATL is one of those teams you just never know who is going to show up, but Ryan is good in that building, another East Coast game, I would say that could go either way.

14-2 gives us the division,13-3 we have a good shot, 12-4 I think we are looking at the #1 WC this year.
I hope it doesn't come down to a tie breaker. The 49ers need to win out, which I believe they can do, and Seattle needs to lose at least two more games, which I believe can happen. Being a not-so-good road team, I believe they will lose in Atlanta. They almost lost to Houston on the road, and we destroyed the Texans on our home field. I also think the Giants game could be a loss for them because, having gotten that first victory, they may be hungry for more, and they may try to prove a point by beating Seattle.

I also believe that the Saints will come in and give Seattle a good run for the money, and possibly steal a win from them. Rob Ryan has turned around the Saints defense, and they are no longer the slouches they were last year. That being said, we need to be razor sharp when we play the Saints in New Orleans. I am very confident that we can beat them.

Getting Crabtree and Manningham back will inject some life into the offense. Kaepernick just needs to work a little more on his accuracy, and our passing game should be good. Having the first half of the season to develop chemistry with Boldin, and fine tune the connection with Vernon will help us finish the season strong. It is nice to see Harbaugh go back to the offensive formula that has worked the past couple years. I think he and Roman got a little too cutesy with the play calling early on in the season, and that cost us those losses. Both the Seattle and Indianapolis games were close at halftime, and very winnable on our part. I just hope Harbaugh learned his lesson.

Dan
49ers Fan in NC
Originally posted by English:
There seems to be a perception that we can't beat Seattle away. Just to mention, I recall a certain finesse team who had to go to Soldier Field in the depths of winter.

B E A R W E A T H E R.

But we nailed them. With our injured players back and a bit of time to prepare we will put the Seahawks back where they belong.

Exactly what I'm thinking.
I see Seattle at 14-2 with their next loss at the Stick to the 49ers. I think the 49ers get to 12-4. I hate the trip to DC and the Saints game. I never will discount the 49ers winning and hope to God Im wrong but lets have realistic expectations. We would be asking the team to go 13-0 after a 1-2 start? That is asking too much. Still just as long as the 49ers make the playoffs even as a HEALTHY Wildcard, we would have a much chance as anybody. remember the playoffs are a completely different story compared to the regular season. As a wild card, we'd most likely have to travel to the CowGirls, which I'd think the 49ers would be slightly Favored.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I see Seattle at 14-2 with their next loss at the Stick to the 49ers. I think the 49ers get to 12-4. I hate the trip to DC and the Saints game. I never will discount the 49ers winning and hope to God Im wrong but lets have realistic expectations. We would be asking the team to go 13-0 after a 1-2 start? That is asking too much. Still just as long as the 49ers make the playoffs even as a HEALTHY Wildcard, we would have a much chance as anybody. remember the playoffs are a completely different story compared to the regular season. As a wild card, we'd most likely have to travel to the CowGirls, which I'd think the 49ers would be slightly Favored.

With Kap at QB, we can run the table. He is our edge to winning games both home and away. Yes he has been up and down this season and he is going through his growing pains with progressions and reading defenses but this guy is dynamic explosive calm and poised. In a must win scenario I will ride with Kap and now that we have been running the football as we are built to do we are winning games handily again. I don't think we turn back now and we can finish with 13 wins barring any more serious injuries
We need to go on a run and close it out. Seattle have 2 tough games ahead, NO and us - unfortunately they have NO up in c-link and we have to go to the dome.

Our games against NO and against Seattle are going to be the deciders, with a potentially risky trip to Washington for us on the cards as they are getting better. We have to hope that Seattle slip up, but beyond the game against us at the Stick, everything else is in their favour. The Giants are not going to give Seattle a game, you're talking about the QB who's been throwing the most picks going up against the league's best secondary. The Giants just don't have the offense to beat Seattle.

I think that the Saints could pull of an upset in C-Link, they're used to playing in a noisy dome and I think Brees has the nous to pick the Seattle D apart, but it's a tough ask and I'd still favour the Seahawks.

What is in our favour though is that Wilson has not been good this season, Lynch and the defense have been carrying them except for that last game against the Cards who've moved from a mess into a crisis. Potenitally, they could lay an egg in an away game.