There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

November Opponents (Besides the Saints)

November Opponents (Besides the Saints)

November is just right around the corner and all eyes will be on the showdown against the New Orleans Saints down at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Before we even circle this game as the game for next month, there are two other teams that are playing great ball as of late that they may pose a problem for us and give us that "L".

The Carolina Panthers look like they have found their rhythm as they have notched impressive victories against the Vikings and Rams. Cam Newton is one physical specimen and has an arm that can get to their receivers (Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell). They also have a stingy defense that may cause problems.

In all indications, RG3 has regained his mobile form back before his knee surgery and has the arm to make plays. He is mobile so he can run as it looks like they run the read option. He has also found himself a new target in Jordan Reed. The Skins have a formidable defense as well. Of course it is a Monday Night game so this will be an interesting one between the two. It will be read option vs. read option.

We are expecting weapons in Crabtree and Manningham back on our offense, and Aldon Smith is coming back earlier than most expected. The offense should open up some more for Kaep as it won't be two or three targets anymore. The issue will be are those two receivers be at 100%.

Next month will be an interesting one indeed, but we should not overlook the Panthers and Redskins because of what is ahead and after the matchup. A trap game could exist so need to continue to stay focus and take one game at a time.

UP ABOVE:
Pick which team concerns you the most (and may get us a "L"), or select that we will beat both of them.
Originally posted by robniner:
November is just right around the corner and all eyes will be on the showdown against the New Orleans Saints down at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Before we even circle this game as the game for next month, there are two other teams that are playing great ball as of late that they may pose a problem for our us and give us that "L".

The Carolina Panthers look like they have found their rhythm as they have notched impressive victories against the Vikings and Rams. Cam Newton is one physical specimen and has an arm that can get to their receivers (Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell). They also have a stingy defense that may cause problems.

In all indications, RG3 has regained his mobile form back before his knee surgery and has the arm to make plays. He is mobile so he can run as it looks like they run the read option. He has also found himself a new target in Jordan Reed. The Skins have a formidable defense as well. Of course it is a Monday Night game so this will be an interesting one between the two. It will be read option vs. read option.

We are expecting weapons in Crabtree and Manningham back on our offense, and Aldon Smith is coming back earlier than most expected. The offense should open up some more for Kaep as it won't be two or three targets anymore. The issue will be are those two receivers be at 100%.

Next month will be an interesting one indeed, but we should not overlook the Panthers and Redskins because of what is ahead and after the matchup. A trap game could exist so need to continue to stay focus and take one game at a time.

UP ABOVE:
Pick which team concerns you the most (and may get us a "L"), or select that we will beat both of them.

Thats where I stopped reading
Originally posted by valrod33:
November is just right around the corner and all eyes will be on the showdown against the New Orleans Saints down at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Before we even circle this game as the game for next month, there are two other teams that are playing great ball as of late that they may pose a problem for our us and give us that "L".

UP ABOVE:

I would not want to overlook that team. They have receivers that may cause big problems for our secondary. Yes they beat the Vikings and Rams but would not think because they beat those teams that they are capable of beating us.
The Saints and Skins game scare me a little because they are on the road. The Saints we know are good and might do us a favor by beating Seattle. The Skins are starting to get better.

If the Saints can beat Seattle in Seattle, and we can beat the Saints in their house.....and we beat the Skins.....that will make for an interesting game in December at the stick.
The schedule after the bye could get tricky. The Panthers are sneaky good. Cam Newton is schizophrenic from week to week, but if he's focused that's a dangerous team with a very good defense. Saints game will be difficult. I hope we have Aldon back for that game to get more pressure with a 4-man rush, allowing us to drop the rest in coverage. The Skins can also be a challenging game if RG3 gets in a groove. Then we have Seattle two weeks later. We have to be razor sharp and relatively healthy to get those wins.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The schedule after the bye could get tricky. The Panthers are sneaky good. Cam Newton is schizophrenic from week to week, but if he's focused that's a dangerous team with a very good defense. Saints game will be difficult. I hope we have Aldon back for that game to get more pressure with a 4-man rush, allowing us to drop the rest in coverage. The Skins can also be a challenging game if RG3 gets in a groove. Then we have Seattle two weeks later. We have to be razor sharp and relatively healthy to get those wins.

Aldon might be back for the Panthers.

UP ABOVE:

lol this

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

UP ABOVE:

lol this

lol. Go home, Power Rangers, you're drunk.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Oct 23, 2013 at 3:22 PM ]
I watched the Redskins-Bears game and couldn't believe how mobile RG3 was. He was running and looked close to last years version. Defensively the team can be beat and the 49ers should be able to take care of business when they meet. I'm not too worried about the Panthers, keep Cam Newton in the pocket and we should get another W. The Saints are another matter in their house. Our offense must put some points on the board. Seattle plays the Saints at home and then us, the games against the Saints will determine the NFC West.
There all hard Carolina is the best defense in the NFL in yards and points with our struggles on offense it wont be easy beating them even at home. Saints on the road will be tough no explanation needed there. The Redskins are getting better and the crowd will be nuts for a Monday Night game. But I embrace the challenge as should the Niners. There going to have to be on there best game all of November i can see them going 2-1 with wins against Washington and Carolina but i wont rule out 3-0 if they can punch the Saints in the mouth. And keep up there scoring pace.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I just want him back for New Orleans and Seattle. Massacre of the shorterbacks.
[ Edited by PrisonOfGlass on Oct 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM ]
Where's the option for "We Will LOSE to Both Teams" huh?
Saints - Bees and that defense scares the sh*t out of me. Offense has to put some points up and put on a great performance. Huge test for our secondary as well; Brees can pick defenses apart with the best of them. The only game left on our schedule I don't see us winning.

Panthers - Defense is solid but can be beaten. Cam can be Dr. Jekll and Mr. Hyde. One week he's on fire. The next, not so much . If he's having an off week, good chance we win easily. If he's ballin, competitive, (maybe) close game but I still like our chances. We're at home, coming off a BYE week, we'll be well rested, MM should be activated so our passing game should have a bit more balance. Not worried about this game at all.

Redskins - RG3 looks to be shaking the rust off but our defense can contain him and force him to beat us with his arm in the pocket. Aldon can very likely be back at this time. And if Crabtree's timeline goes as planned, he can be back as well (may still be rusty though). Plus, Redskins' defense is soft.
Not even scared.