There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Flankers

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
People forget Kyle Williams is coming off a serious knee injury. Players, especially wide receivers, need two years to get back to where they were. He is not who he was prior to injury.

Off top of my head, dont remember j petersons injury. Believe was similar and it did take 2 yrs. The 2nd year he became a force to be reconed with
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Patton will be back shortly as well, id expect him back around mid November.

I have read an article or two that have him being placed on IR to secure a roster spot for those guys coming back.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I have read an article or two that have him being placed on IR to secure a roster spot for those guys coming back.

I've read this also, makes sence. Tho harbs dont usually let media know ahead of time. They for the roster spots of healthy players coming back makes good sence. Artical was from last wk i read it as well
Anyone remember the "old days" when 49ers receivers like Freddie Solomon and Dwight Clark used to actually line up in a 3-point stance? Even Jerry Rice used to work out of the 3-point stance quite often, don't think it was well into '88 or so that they went exclusively to the 2-point stance.
I don't remember the three point stance. I do remember Freddie Solomon was Split End and Dwight Clark was flanker
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
I don't remember the three point stance. I do remember Freddie Solomon was Split End and Dwight Clark was flanker

Yeah, pull up some old games/highlights on YouTube and you'll see it...looks so different than the standup 2-point stance we're used to seeing. Even Rice was often in the 3-point up until very late-80's. And when I say 3-point stance, of course I don't mean like a lineman's, it's an "elongated" one almost like a sprinter.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I think MM was the one to write that, and it wasn't based on any inside information IIRC, but rather on his own prediction.