2) Willis: Had a very good game considering, but he's still not himself out there. His instincts and savvy got him by, but he just doesn't have the speed right now. That bye will be huge for him.
3) Vernon: Vernon being Vernon. He'll benefit greatly from the bye as well.
4) Boldin: Those catches were unreal but I can't help but wonder if he had just a bit more speed if he would NEED to make some of those plays. The play down the sideline where he went up and got it...yeah, speed didn't make a diff there. Would he need to make a diving catch or a one handed catch tho if he were just a bit faster? I guess it doesn't really matter because those catches are a part of what makes him the player he is. Just makes me wonder sometimes tho.
5) Still surviving: Every week we get one week closer to the returns of Manningham and Crabtree. Willis gets a week healthier. Vernon gets a week healthier. Dial is back now. Carradine will make his debut. Aldon gets a week closer to his return (and I really think he'll be back after the bye). We likely go into the bye at 6-2. Just one game back from Seattle and they still have to come to SF. Not too shabby. The 49ers are winning these games handily and still aren't the team they CAN be when all the horses are healthy.
6) Brock: He gave up that long pass late in the game, but he has played very, very well. The INT was fantastic because he just did his job...he didn't bite and he stayed with his man. Horrible decision by Locker, but Brock was where he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be there. Add to that the play of Morris on Special Teams and the return of Eric Wright...and I think Nnamdi is about to be unemployed.
7) Pass Rush: STILL concerns me. They are manufacturing pressure and blitzing far more often then they did in the past. They haven't been able to get there with 4. Lemonier will improve as he plays more, Carradine may help in this regard, but lets be real. What they need is Aldon. I've been saying all along I think he's back after the bye. Nothing I have seen or heard has ever changed my mind on that one. After hearing Harbaugh after the game I am more sure now than ever. It looked to me like he is pretty sure when Aldon is coming back (tho not 100%) but he doesn't want to state it publically. Thats good too because they need him back.
8) McDonald: They need to get him into the passing game more. That was a great play on a tipped ball near the endzone. He was also wide open on the pass that Kap missed. He's getting better every week.
9) Late game points: This is more of a small concern more than anything, but they seem to give up some points and yards late in games when the game is effectively over. Its not all that uncommon, but if they aren't careful it could bite them in the a$$ at some point. I was happy to see that Willis made mention of it after the game and I heard he got on Eric Reid a bit for giving up that late TD to Delanie. I hope they listen to him.
10) NFC West: Well...big shocker. Looks like it'll be a battle between the Niners and Seahawks. The Cards have been exposed. They've lost in back to back weeks to these two teams and Carson Palmer is a turnover machine. I never liked Bradford but he was still by far their best option...and now he's done for the year. It does kinda bug me that the Seahawks played the Titans with Fitz at the helm and we got Locker and now they don't even have to face Bradford...but what'cha gonna do. It is what it is. The Niners can lose ANY game, but the two BIG ones on the Schedule are the 'hawks and Saints. If the Niners can pull those out then I don't think the Niners win just the NFC West....I think they win the NFC and play for #6. That' a long way off tho and that's alot of "ifs"...but the ride should be fun.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM ]