There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kick Returner - wild idea...

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
im happy with our return game. as long as you don't fumble you're alright with me. i feel our offense can score from any point on the field.

that's how I feel too. I have vivid memories of the team cutting Rossum only to have return man after return man muff punts on a regular basis. Anytime the other team would punt, i'd hold my breath.
What about VinnMac? He returned kicks at the NCAA level.
kentwan balmer, if anyone can find him
Would a rotation of KW and Cox be too much to ask for?
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
If only the 49ers had one of those quick, shifty, guys with a good burst and can create in space, someone like Lamichael James.

You mean someone like Ted Ginn? Oh wait.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedLion49er:
If only the 49ers had one of those quick, shifty, guys with a good burst and can create in space, someone like Lamichael James.

Oh yeh Tedd Ginn the same guy that fields punts on the 1-15 yard lines with the punt team surrounding him and then lets it hit him. You can count on that at least once per game.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by RedLion49er:

Oh yeh Tedd Ginn the same guy that fields punts on the 1-15 yard lines with the punt team surrounding him and then lets it hit him. You can count on that at least once per game.
Ted Ginn was a beast return man. He had a down year last year because i think he was dealing with some injuries. In 2011 though he was an integral part to our success. Our special teams and field position was crucial to getting us to the NFC championship that year and Ginn constantly got us good field position. Plus he was a homerun threat. Also had he been healthy for that ship against the Giants, we'd probably have been in the Superbowl and I believe would have beat the Pats. We shoulda won the superbowl last two years dammit!!!
I would take Oprah fielding kicks over Williams. Nothing against him personally, probably not a bad cat.

But even Oprah might catch it and knock somebody over and get....say....3 yards.

I'm on board with that at this stage.