There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Name a 49er You Respect

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Steve Stenstrom, Mike Rumph, Zach Bronson, Darnell Walker, Marquez Pope, Jason Webster, Jeff Brohm, Dana Hall, Amp Lee, Giovanni Carmazzi, Reggie McGrew, Reggie Barlow, Junior Bryant, Derick Lovelle, and...um...Dedrick Dodge.

No seriously, I respect all of our current guys. They all want to be a part of this team. They all want to be great.

There was a lot to respect about Junior Bryant.

I was just trying the most obscure Niners I could think of at the time. Guys that are not likely to come up during your average Niner convo...

Well Mike Rumph might if the convo is about the worst starting DBs we ever put on the field.
Frank Gore easily one of my favorite 49ers of all time.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Jesse Sapolu

Good choice.

This dude actually played with a severe heart ailment his entire career. He could have dropped dead at any moment. Crazy he played so long at a high level.

Steve Stenstrom, Mike Rumph, Zach Bronson, Darnell Walker, Marquez Pope, Jason Webster, Jeff Brohm, Dana Hall, Amp Lee, Giovanni Carmazzi, Reggie McGrew, Reggie Barlow, Junior Bryant, Derick Lovelle, and...um...Dedrick Dodge.

No seriously, I respect all of our current guys. They all want to be a part of this team. They all want to be great.

I was just trying the most obscure Niners I could think of at the time. Guys that are not likely to come up during your average Niner convo...

Well Mike Rumph might if the convo is about the worst starting DBs we ever put on the field.

I guessed that. But you hit a guy who does deserve our respect.

Amen Brother. Junior Bryant was a UDFA and played his heart out for the team. It was a real shame when he had to retire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Bryant

Indeed. Gomen.

Zach Bronson was a pretty good FS as well on some poor niner teams from 99-01, he and Schulters were both 2nd year players in that salary cap gutted defence. People are shocked about how badly the giants regressed over two seasons, that happened to the niners with one off season and a Steve Young concussion.
Originally posted by 94Niners:

Zach Bronson was a pretty good FS as well on some poor niner teams from 99-01, he and Schulters were both 2nd year players in that salary cap gutted defence. People are shocked about how badly the giants regressed over two seasons, that happened to the niners with one off season and a Steve Young concussion.

And the General Manager from Hell.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Gore.

Gore is now surrounded by like-minded teammates â€" players who are talented and dedicated. That wasn't the case when he first became a starter seven seasons ago. After a galling loss, he ventured into the players' parking lot and saw some of his teammates laughing and joking. Gore immediately started crying and openly wondered what kind of team he was on.

I can't even imagine those years without Gore. He's the heart and soul of this football team.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Frank Gore.

Disability, torn knees, broken hip, s**tty coaches, terrible offenses, and yet this guy still couldn't be stopped. I love Gore.
Originally posted by paulk205:
All time, it's Jerry of course. The ultimate commitment to excellence and professionalism. He will not be surpassed for a very long time, if he's ever surpassed.

Current, it's Frank of course. Most posters have said it before: opted for a college that already had Portis AND McGahee active instead of walking into a starter's job anywhere else; two torn knees; learning disability; drafted by the most dysfunctional NFL franchise at the time not named the Raiders; cried real tears after seeing his team mates goof around after a loss; sent against brick walls of 8-man fronts by the likes of Jimmy Raye again and again; played for terrible teams most of his career without a complaint; more injuries; got us within 6 yards of a trophy ; an absolutely SUPREME blocker in addition to his running - watching him flatten blitzers in replays is a delight; never got into altercations outside strip clubs/broke bottles on team mates' heads/drove into trees while bombed out of his box.

One of the best football players in the NFL and a lot of football people don't even realize how special of a player and man Frank Gore is. It makes me sick
Now a very short list that I have no respect for was Phillips, Romanowski, and currently Merton Hanks
Frank Gore.

He's overcome so much and has been the 49er MVP for almost a decade. He is probably my all-time favorite 49er... up there with Rice and Young.
Frank Gore.
Originally posted by 94Niners:

Right, but the non-serious list I made was about obscure Niners. Not necessarily bad ones. I would be willing to bet that at least 25% of the posters here have no idea who those guys are.
Patrick Willis
Gore and Willis.