There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anquan Boldin

  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 16,962
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Anquan Boldin freed the Hebrews from bondage.





Lulz. Awesome!

Keep em up.
[ Edited by AmpLee on Jan 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
C'mon, where's all the Boldinisms? I can't be the only one.

If I got 10 cents for every player as beastly as Anquan Boldin, I would only have 10 cents.

Anquan Bolding has a grizzly bear carpet in his house, the bear isn't dead, it's just too scared to move.

There used to be a street named after Anquan Boldin, but it was later removed because no one crosses Anquan Boldin and lives.

Some magicians can walk on water, Anquan Boldin can swim through land.



(Drum Roll)



Screw you, Richard Sherman:

Incredible sense of awareness. If the coaches have any hope in CK spreading the ball to 2+ receivers he's a must sign.
Believe it or not, I think if we resign Boldin we won't draft a WR high this year. We might wait until next year to draft a WR high. We might draft one in the mid rounds but not in the first two rounds. Plus a good WR will drop dramatically because of a lot of talent in the position this year. I think if we resign Boldin, we'll go CB/SS/C in the first two rounds. So, Boldin holds the fate to our draft picks this year. Hopefully we can resign him.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Believe it or not, I think if we resign Boldin we won't draft a WR high this year. We might wait until next year to draft a WR high. We might draft one in the mid rounds but not in the first two rounds. Plus a good WR will drop dramatically because of a lot of talent in the position this year. I think if we resign Boldin, we'll go CB/SS/C in the first two rounds. So, Boldin holds the fate to our draft picks this year. Hopefully we can resign him.

Anquan Boldin is 33. Michael Crabtree goes out of contract after next season. I think it highly unlikely that we don't take a wide receiver relatively early.
Originally posted by English:
Anquan Boldin is 33. Michael Crabtree goes out of contract after next season. I think it highly unlikely that we don't take a wide receiver relatively early.

We will resign Boldin for both his play and to be the master teacher. We will draft talent and depth and Boldin will teach QP and whatever other rooks we bring in much more than Johnny Morton ever could. Boldin will mold our next Torrie Smith
Boldin would have kicked Bruce Lee's arse, if given the chance. Enter The Boldin ...

  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,653
We should not forget that Boldin, his wife, and kids have voice and vote.

I wonder what Boldin, his wife, and his family want him to do. I do not have a clue.

I think that if Boldin wants to continue playing, we will sign him to a 2 year deal.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by English:
Anquan Boldin is 33. Michael Crabtree goes out of contract after next season. I think it highly unlikely that we don't take a wide receiver relatively early.

We will resign Boldin for both his play and to be the master teacher. We will draft talent and depth and Boldin will teach QP and whatever other rooks we bring in much more than Johnny Morton ever could. Boldin will mold our next Torrie Smith

Hope this comes true! I like the guy's tenacity...taking the ball rather than waiting for it to come to him. Patton does this already so he can only get better. Add in a top rookie and you have some stability at WR for a few years. Might also put the niners in a better negotiating position with Crabtree...which would be very Baalke-like.
Originally posted by buck:
We should not forget that Boldin, his wife, and kids have voice and vote.

I wonder what Boldin, his wife, and his family want him to do. I do not have a clue.

I think that if Boldin wants to continue playing, we will sign him to a 2 year deal.

I think the brand new, state of the art stadium will help. I would think he might want to be part of the team to break that in. And with Kaeprnick getting more comfortable and growing, skies the limit. He could end his career putting up monster numbers.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,653
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by buck:
We should not forget that Boldin, his wife, and kids have voice and vote.

I wonder what Boldin, his wife, and his family want him to do. I do not have a clue.

I think that if Boldin wants to continue playing, we will sign him to a 2 year deal.

I think the brand new, state of the art stadium will help. I would think he might want to be part of the team to break that in. And with Kaeprnick getting more comfortable and growing, skies the limit. He could end his career putting up monster numbers.

I do think that there are good reasons for him to come back for another year or two.

I hope he does and I hope we keep him.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Anquan Boldin freed the Hebrews from bondage.





LOLLLLL helluva job!
I still think the overarching reason for Anquan to remain will be that he loves catching (sometimes errant) balls from Kap, the 86 mph type, he likes our passing game, he likes being the guy we all depend upon, he loves being in the middle of the game. He was not many of the above in either AZ or Baltimore. Neither team (cards with inept qBs, and ravens with running game) really featured him. We don't just feature Anquan, he is the face( or certainly one of them) for the 49ers. Also he may like the stand up guys and the quality personality guys here. In Baltimore, one guy murdered somebody(no names please), and there were other less than stellar personalities there. Here it is P-52, Kap, Bowman, Vernon, Staley, Iupati...to mention a few. I would guess he would be aware of the fact that we have an overabundance of really good guys here, not to mention great character people. Who you work with is frequently factored into whether you work there or not. If quality of people has anything to do at all with where Anquan goes, we would rate at top of list.

Also, would he rather live in CA or MD? Not too hard to figure that one. Like everyone else, it will ultimately come down to $$ and length of contract, amount guaranteed or not. I am betting trent finds a way to structure anquan playing here the next 3 yrs, at a price that doesn't upset our well crafted payroll.

OTOH, I just can't imagine this team sans Anquan next yr. Amazing bundle of talent and character. And face it. Catching kap's passes is not the easiest thing in the world. Anquan has a terrific knack for it. All that has to be factored in.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I still think the overarching reason for Anquan to remain will be that he loves catching (sometimes errant) balls from Kap, the 86 mph type, he likes our passing game, he likes being the guy we all depend upon, he loves being in the middle of the game. He was not many of the above in either AZ or Baltimore. Neither team (cards with inept qBs, and ravens with running game) really featured him. We don't just feature Anquan, he is the face( or certainly one of them) for the 49ers. Also he may like the stand up guys and the quality personality guys here. In Baltimore, one guy murdered somebody(no names please), and there were other less than stellar personalities there. Here it is P-52, Kap, Bowman, Vernon, Staley, Iupati...to mention a few. I would guess he would be aware of the fact that we have an overabundance of really good guys here, not to mention great character people. Who you work with is frequently factored into whether you work there or not. If quality of people has anything to do at all with where Anquan goes, we would rate at top of list.

Also, would he rather live in CA or MD? Not too hard to figure that one. Like everyone else, it will ultimately come down to $$ and length of contract, amount guaranteed or not. I am betting trent finds a way to structure anquan playing here the next 3 yrs, at a price that doesn't upset our well crafted payroll.

OTOH, I just can't imagine this team sans Anquan next yr. Amazing bundle of talent and character. And face it. Catching kap's passes is not the easiest thing in the world. Anquan has a terrific knack for it. All that has to be factored in.
I think you hit on a bunch of excellent points. I still take Anquan at his word when he says it is business for him. I know he loves his job football and competing and I think we give him as good a chance as any at all of those things if the price is right. I think we offer Boldin a two to three year deal with all guaranteed money just as he played for this season. I see no reason he declines it other than if we low ball him. I see no reason we would because we might get a decent discount with Kap and Aldon as they both haven't lit up the stat sheet statistically yet we know they are both elite talents. We will use those savings to extend core guys we need to carry on our success
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Anquan Boldin freed the Hebrews from bondage.





Lulz. Awesome!

Keep em up.

i cant get over how awesome this is lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Anquan Boldin freed the Hebrews from bondage.





Lulz. Awesome!

Keep em up.

i cant get over how awesome this is lol

That's funny as hell