There are 209 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
That being said I'd love it if Boldin stayed. He's such a great player and teammate
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
Can't trade or cut a FA

I think he's on the last year of his contract.
Can't trade or cut a FA

ignore that
Originally posted by mayo49:
Can't trade or cut a FA

I think he's on the last year of his contract.

the great thing about the internet is no thinking is required when facts are a click away

Boldin is like one of the toughest guys on the team,dude needs to hang around these parts for a little while longer.
Love the guy but he won't work in Chip's offense. But again, I see a bunch of whole sale changes coming under Chip...
[ Edited by pete98146 on Jan 15, 2016 at 3:21 PM ]
Originally posted by pete98146:
Love the guy but he won't work in Chip's offense. But again, I see a bunch of whole sale changes coming under Chip...

If he is such a genius he better make it work
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
We don't need his services any longer.. as great a pass catcher he is, the guy will just slow us down... his pressence alone will often call for the QB to look his way, and he belong slow just wont cut it any longer..

if you want a younger Boldin, all we have to do is draft Branxton Miller (Ohio State) and let him be the new Anquan..
Love Quan #81 but its time to move on. He just don't got the speed anymore and this team needs fresh blood at WR.
He's our possession WR on 3rd down, no way we should let him go. He's shown desire to stay, leadership role, first to defend team if fight breaks out, and reliable hands catching in traffic.

He's like the Frank Gore of WRs, can't lose him, production may be even lower for WRs just like how our run game went downhill due to injuries and lost Gore, too.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Jan 15, 2016 at 7:52 PM ]

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Love Quan #81 but its time to move on. He just don't got the speed anymore and this team needs fresh blood at WR.

Agreed. Love Boldin, but don't think he fits this scheme at all.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:

good players work in any system,. boldin and bowman are above the system in my opinion
Although on the surface it seems Chip's offense is predicated on speed. After watching some film, it seems more that its passing game is more route discipline based which is Boldin's specialty. He may have a place yet.
Boldin just needs to get on the smoothie regime
Cost aside, I'd like to see how Boldin does in Chip's system. His smarts and power/anger should find a place.

He'll need to build up his endurance though. But, maybe his speed will make Chip slow things down a little.
[ Edited by zonkers on Jan 16, 2016 at 1:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone