Hes so slow. Lucky hes crafty!

Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Boldin is slow as hell but somehow plays well

Boldin could play until he was 40 if he wanted to
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Indeed, he plays with intelligence, strength and heart. None of which seem to detertiate until much later in life, let him play until he is 50!
Originally posted by Chief:

Indeed, he plays with intelligence, strength and heart. None of which seem to detertiate until much later in life, let him play until he is 50!

Really hope we resign him for 2-3 years after the season
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Personally, I think he can help us and Kaep more if he just runs those short or intermediate crossing patterns all game long the way Welker used to do it..

If his body lets him, yep
i read he has a pulled a hammy? any news on this?
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
i read he has a pulled a hammy? any news on this?

Not looking good on a short week. I hate to let him sit but I would rather him finish this season/career. Get Simpson up to speed along with Ellington. One of those guys should be able to contribute. Boldin is a beast though and his presence would be needed.
  • Ike49
Hate to see Quan sit, but it would be nice to see if Simpson could get on the field and contribute.
I think the 49ers should sign Wes Welker. He may not have posted as big numbers in Denver but that's because he was behind Thomas and Sanders and Julius Thomas. He's like a white Jerry Rice in how hard he works and what he can do on the field. I think he can still be a dominant receiver if he's given the chance, but teams are worried about his concussions. But he's been cleared to play by a neurologist, so why not? He's a future first ballot Hall of Famer and he's healthy and has plenty of great football left at 34.

• Ike49
Originally posted by Jimbutsu:
I think the 49ers should sign Wes Welker. He may not have posted as big numbers in Denver but that's because he was behind Thomas and Sanders and Julius Thomas. He's like a white Jerry Rice in how hard he works and what he can do on the field. I think he can still be a dominant receiver if he's given the chance, but teams are worried about his concussions. But he's been cleared to play by a neurologist, so why not? He's a future first ballot Hall of Famer and he's healthy and has plenty of great football left at 34.

"White Jerry Rice"?? Wow

I think there is a reason why no team has signed him yet. We have Jerome Simpson being activated soon so yeah.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I think there is a reason why no team has signed him yet. We have Jerome Simpson being activated soon so yeah.

And miss out on the white Jerry Rice ? Get Wes in the building ASAP. GET ON THE PHONE TRENT !
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

And miss out on the white Jerry Rice ? Get Wes in the building ASAP. GET ON THE PHONE TRENT !

lol stupid ass trent
100+ catch seasons: Welker 5, Rice 4.

And he'd have a couple more if he'd stayed in New England as the go-to guy.
Share 49ersWebzone