LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NJNiner:
So lets say we get to the big dance and add our next Lombardi. Would AB retire as a Niner? Card? Raven?

I don't think the NFL makes you decide. He's best numbers are gonna be with Zona, but IMO he has been the best thing about this team after the debacle of SB47. I followed him at FSU and so badly wanted him in the 2003 draft.
double post.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:36 PM ]
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Originally posted by buck:
Alpha males on this team:

Boldin > Baalke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lisa making tamales >>> Jed York.

I can definitely imagine Q walking up to the FO and saying "Our WRs corp needs Torrey Smith.."

And you did notice that Anquan Boldin did not bother to denigrate anybody.

I can definitely picture walking up to York and Baalke and asking if there was anything that he could do to help.

You don't know went on between the walls.

But from understanding that Boldin is the ultimate professional and an adult, one can surmise he wouldn't go "demand" anything from the FO. He is an absolutely respectful player off the field and he never goes out of his way to disrespect anyone(From our limited understanding of him as a person). So lets stop acting like he is immature or some dude with unnecessary bravado(and yes going and demanding something from your superior is prtty immature, there is a way to handle any situation and that usually isnt it).

Baalke made it clear he wanted he wanted a deep threat this offseason(can pull the quote up if you'd like), and probably asked Bolding about him as a person/asked boldin to help recruit him. Occam's razor: the answer with the least assumptions will most often be correct.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by buck:
Alpha males on this team:

Boldin > Baalke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lisa making tamales >>> Jed York.

I can definitely imagine Q walking up to the FO and saying "Our WRs corp needs Torrey Smith.."

And you did notice that Anquan Boldin did not bother to denigrate anybody.

I can definitely picture walking up to York and Baalke and asking if there was anything that he could do to help.

You don't know went on between the walls.

But from understanding that Boldin is the ultimate professional and an adult, one can surmise he wouldn't go "demand" anything from the FO. He is an absolutely respectful player off the field and he never goes out of his way to disrespect anyone(From our limited understanding of him as a person). So lets stop acting like he is immature or some dude with unnecessary bravado(and yes going and demanding something from your superior is prtty immature, there is a way to handle any situation and that usually isnt it).

Baalke made it clear he wanted he wanted a deep threat this offseason(can pull the quote up if you'd like), and probably asked Bolding about him as a person/asked boldin to help recruit him. Occam's razor: the answer with the least assumptions will most often be correct.

"I'm not one of those guys that I need that," Boldin said. "I'm going to play this year and we'll see where we're at. It's not a big deal to me. They know where my heart is and I know the same with the organization."

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/13742/anquan-boldin-encouraged-by-49ers-offensive-speed
Originally posted by NCommand:
"I'm not one of those guys that I need that," Boldin said. "I'm going to play this year and we'll see where we're at. It's not a big deal to me. They know where my heart is and I know the same with the organization."

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/13742/anquan-boldin-encouraged-by-49ers-offensive-speed

I'm telling ya...I f**king love this guy!!
Originally posted by Niners816:

100% second that!
Originally posted by crake49:

100% second that!

Over the last couple of seasons he has been my favorite player to watch on our offense. He is just an absolute pro.
Over the last couple of seasons he has been my favorite player to watch on our offense. He is just an absolute pro.

He's the anti-divaWR. I've mentioned a couple times I follow FSU football and have known about Boldin since he was a QB recruit in like 1999. He is everything you want in not only a WR but a football player.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Lets hope that the younger guys both on defense and offense heard and/or read what Boldin just said...
Originally posted by crake49:

100% second that!

He is old school, and that is exactly what this team needs. For all the losses we have seen in retirement or FA, there are really only three leaders that left IMO (Gore, Willis, and Smith). We are still left with guys like Boldin, Bowman, Dockett, Bethea, and it seems like Kap and Aldon are starting to take on those roles also. I can't wait for the season to start!

If we had a chance to go back to the 2009 NFL draft n have a do over N Craptree is still sitting there at 10 i would of in a heart beat called up AZ n traded that 10th pick straight up for Anquan n let either AZ or some other team take that sorry ass mediocre receiver we ended up taking. Boldin would of been loved even more if he was with this team since then. U can't say enough good things about this guy a true professional.
Anyone think we'll resign him for a year or 2 after this season? Or will he retire?

He's the anti-divaWR. I've mentioned a couple times I follow FSU football and have known about Boldin since he was a QB recruit in like 1999. He is everything you want in not only a WR but a football player.

When he played QB during the bowl you knew he was special, this guy gives it all, couldn't ask for more as a fan.
One of my favorite player of all time real talk
Great listen/video: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article23690989.html

ALL ACTUAL FANS OF THIS TEAM SHOULD LISTEN!
Share 49ersWebzone