LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Basically his dead money if cut after 2014 is $2,272,500. If injured then it's an extra $3M due to the guarantee. I am confused by Florio's numbers as usual. I am waiting on info on his 2015 base salary, I am assuming it's $5.5M, cause it would make the deal an even $12M, which I said he would get, . Was hoping for a 3yr deal, but 2 is fine also.

Would have preferred a 3 year deal as well, but its nice knowing we go into the next off season not wondering if we will re sign him again. 2 isnt as good as 3, but its a hell of a lot better than a one year deal.
I creamed my shorts yesterday after I heard this news! Now I can continue to laugh at all the erroneous reports regarding Harbaugh & Baalke. The media is so bad these days, it's horrific. You can't believe anything until it becomes "FACT". Boldin re-signed, Whitner hopefully next.. A glut of draft picks... Boldin was Step # 1 to getting to Super Bowl 49!!

In Harbaugh & Baalke, we trust!!
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I read it as 6 million "guaranteed" this year, including weekly roster bonuses, with the 3 million "guaranteed" for next year only currently guaranteed if he is injured, but becoming a guarantee on April 1, 2015. That would account for the 9 million in guarantees, and that would also leave the 49ers free and clear if they cut him after this season (as long as he is healthy), wouldn't it?
So, let's assume we cut him after 1st of June 2015, we can spread these 3 Mio. over two years?

Wait, if we cut him before the 1st of April 2015 and he is NOT injured, there is no dead money left at all???
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The signing is ok. It's more than I would pay a soon to be 34 year old player. I have no idea how they are going to pay Kaep $18 million per year. They don't have the money after the Boldin signing.

lol....

That just about says it all LOL. If you have no idea, don't comment.

SD has really been trolling super hard the past month or so. If I didn't know better I would say he is being paid by PFT

There's one in every crowd.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Tyson Langland ‏@TysonNFL

Here's a look at the breakdown of Anquan Boldin's deal in 2014 and 2015, via Over the Cap:

• Disp
  • Veteran
Surprised how much they're pushing back to 2015. Then again, no one's contract really explodes in 2015, and a lot of space should be freed up from free agency next year according to http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/yearly/. Staley, WIllis, and Brooks look like they're the only ones who have a higher 2015 salary by much, and none of them are even $2mil. higher than this year. Looks awesome going forward.
Originally posted by Disp:
Surprised how much they're pushing back to 2015. Then again, no one's contract really explodes in 2015, and a lot of space should be freed up from free agency next year according to http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/yearly/. Staley, WIllis, and Brooks look like they're the only ones who have a higher 2015 salary by much, and none of them are even $2mil. higher than this year. Looks awesome going forward.

If Boldin's 2015 base is indeed $5.5M, which it should be, as it would be inline with 6M a year status, then the only players with higher cap numbers are, Rogers, A.Davis, Willis, and Brooks. Right now the highest would actually be Aldon if we pick up his 5th year option, which is set at $9.754M.

If Boldin's 2015 base is indeed $5.5M, which it should be, as it would be inline with 6M a year status, then the only players with higher cap numbers are, Rogers, A.Davis, Willis, and Brooks. Right now the highest would actually be Aldon if we pick up his 5th year option, which is set at $9.754M.
we look to be in good shape. since were so stacked we'll also get more comp picks next year for dudes like brown, and whitner if they arent retained, probably both 3rd rounders and im sure baalke will wheel and deal for more picks during this draft so we can keep replacing high priced guys with talented youngsters. last years redshirt guys and some of the other younger guys like kilgore will start getting starting time. its good to be a niner fan right now, i feel like baalke's strategy for keeping this team powerful is solid and we should stay good for a long time
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
we look to be in good shape. since were so stacked we'll also get more comp picks next year for dudes like brown, and whitner if they arent retained, probably both 3rd rounders and im sure baalke will wheel and deal for more picks during this draft so we can keep replacing high priced guys with talented youngsters. last years redshirt guys and some of the other younger guys like kilgore will start getting starting time. its good to be a niner fan right now, i feel like baalke's strategy for keeping this team powerful is solid and we should stay good for a long time

IIRC, 3rd round comps are pretty tough to get. Whitner might get us a 4th, and Brown will depend on the CB market, and how fast he goes. I actually feel pretty good about the roster moving forward. I'm not as worried about losing Rodgers/Whitner/Brown/Goody/Iupati/Crab as others, especially since we have draft capital to find replacements ahead of time (Cully/Brock/draft pick taking over for Brown/Rodgers, Spillman/draft pick for whit, Kilgore/Looney/Seymor/draft pick filling in for goody/iupati, Patton/picks for Crab). They identified an affordable nucleus, and they continue to build and replace around it. I like.

I'm a little bummed that they pushed so much into 2015. I really figured we'd need that Kap space (see what I did) going forward. Pretty much signs Crab's walking papers. Oh well, one special season from him, and a bunch of potential. Iuapati never really figured out how to pass block a stunt, so it doesn't kill us that we probably won't be able to pay him in 2015, either.

AB, how do you see the Aldon Smith negotiating going? After they sign Kaep?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
AB, how do you see the Aldon Smith negotiating going? After they sign Kaep?

I know you asked AB, but the Matts are suggesting that the 49ers will use their 5th year option as insurance, allowing them to see if he can keep it together through the 2015 season.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
AB or WRATHman44, how do you see the Aldon Smith negotiating going? After they sign Kaep?

I know you asked AB, but the Matts are suggesting that the 49ers will use their 5th year option as insurance, allowing them to see if he can keep it together through the 2015 season.

BOOM fixed! Thank you!

I'll say it again, best FO in the game!
Share 49ersWebzone