There are 260 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by crabman82:
He did well for us last year and there is no denying his talent. I'm just saying I wouldn't kill the cap for a soon to be 34 year old player who is known to be slow. $6 million a year like he was at? No way. Less and not too much guaranteed I think it can work. We have so many guys to sign. A lot will be gone IMO. Personally I would rather allocate this money to Iupati or Crabtree as they are both a lot younger. It doesn't make sense to break the cap for the older player while letting the younger ones leave in FA.

boldin for 2 years > iupati long term......and it would be cheaper

I would say Iupati is better long term but he certainly is not cheaper and we perhaps cannot afford him. The Iupati hate on this board is rediculous. He is respected and thought of as perhaps the best Guard in the league when healthy. A true bulldozer in the run game. Athletic and can move too. I would still make some attempt to sign him. Yeah it may turn out we can't afford him. But at least try.

hes good in the run game and a liability quite often in pass pro. iupati is the 2nd best guard on his own team. i like him but boone is better, with more versatility. guard is very much a plug and play position. the seahawks who you love use nobodies there.

Their O Line is not as good as ours. That's one place we are better for sure. Iupati is absolutely better than Boone. Although Boone has played pretty well. When healthy Iupati has been a beast. Keep in mind he hasn't been fully healthy all the time.

i doubt we miss a step with lupati gone
Boldin has two VERY GOOD YEARS left in him. He was never a speed guy But he is so good almost like a Power Forward the way he creates his space and his hands are freakin AMAZING plus he's tough and a TRUE LEADER!! I would give him a two year deal around $12mill to $13 mill. Let him play 2 more years and help and teach and lead our upcoming drafted WR and also Crabs may walk after this coming year so WTF gotta have QUAN. He was BY FAR OUR BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER IN 2013!! HELLO!!
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Boldin has two VERY GOOD YEARS left in him. He was never a speed guy But he is so good almost like a Power Forward the way he creates his space and his hands are freakin AMAZING plus he's tough and a TRUE LEADER!! I would give him a two year deal around $12mill to $13 mill. Let him play 2 more years and help and teach and lead our upcoming drafted WR and also Crabs may walk after this coming year so WTF gotta have QUAN. He was BY FAR OUR BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER IN 2013!! HELLO!!

2 years sounds about right, this guy doesn't even seem like he is slowing down, he just had a 1k season for crying out loud.
I'm guessing Boldin is looking for 2-3 years 7-8 per and we are looking at 1-2 years at 5-6 mil per. Hopefully we can meet in the middle at 2 years and a max of 15 mil, around 13 ideally.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Amen bro!!!

Boldin is the closest thing to what the 9ers had in Terrell Owens, the ability to turn a 5 yard catch into 20. Its not his speed that made the difference this year or anywhere else, its always been his hands, toughness, nastiness and freakish balance after the catch. and a true leader indeed!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'm guessing Boldin is looking for 2-3 years 7-8 per and we are looking at 1-2 years at 5-6 mil per. Hopefully we can meet in the middle at 2 years and a max of 15 mil, around 13 ideally.

3 yrs 18 mil is what I'm thinking, but probably wants a tad more.
We wouldn't have even made the playoffs if he wasn't on the team.

I'm thinking 2 years about 6.5 million a year.

I'm hoping we can get a similar type WR in the draft for Boldin to tutor.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Amen bro!!!

Boldin is the closest thing to what the 9ers had in Terrell Owens, the ability to turn a 5 yard catch into 20. Its not his speed that made the difference this year or anywhere else, its always been his hands, toughness, nastiness and freakish balance after the catch. and a true leader indeed!!!

And when Kap escapes Boldin cracks back and destroys defenders.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Wow. I can't even imagine what our offense would look like without Boldin. And I don't even want to find out either ! Pay the man!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Wow. I can't even imagine what our offense would look like without Boldin. And I don't even want to find out either ! Pay the man!

Lets see, well the starters probably would have been, Kyle Williams, Kasim Osgood, Jonathan Baldwin or a green Quinton Patton. Holy smokes praise the lord for Anquan Boldin!!!

Boldin is old and slow as f**k. And even then, he was our offensive MVP and by far our most reliable and consistent WR on the team. Everyone griping on his lack of speed obviously don't know his game. Boldin was slow as hell even coming out of FSU. He's never relied on speed or insane athleticism. Great hands, catching ability, and awareness have been the key to his success for his entire career and I say he still has at least two more years of solid production left. Plus his mentorship for our younger WRs will be huge considering I don't really trust Morton (WR coach) all that much.
I hope we get the good news tomorrow
Pay The Man
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I hope we get the good news tomorrow

Shoot, the way the media makes it out to be, I hope we get the good news tonight!!!
Yep, hopefully Boldin gets done today or tomorrow. We have a lot of guys to re-sign. I think Wilhoite, Osgood, Cox or Wright, Dawson should all be pretty easy to get done. Should be around 500-1mil per and 1-2 year deals except Dawson who should be around 1 year 2-3 mil. I think all want to be back so should get good deals. In the mean time we should be working on extensions for Kap, Crabtree, Aldon and Miller. I think we will extend Culliver but probably wont be this offseason since we will want to see how he comes back. On the bright side I think he has matured off the field. Skuta, Dorsey, Kilgore and Spillman are possible extensions as well but I don't see them worrying about those guys until this season or next offseason before FA. Anyways, hopefully we can start crossing guys off our list soon.
Share 49ersWebzone