LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crake49:
I don't think Boldin is the problem or any kind of negative with respect to the Seahawks. If the Niners had just one serious speed guy on the outside that Seattle corners and safeties had to worry about going over the top, they couldn't play that formation with just Earl Thomas playing deep and Chancellor shading up close. One elite speed guy on the outside to compliment the deep threat of V. Davis on the inside forces the Seahawks out of that defensive formation and actually opens things up a little more for Boldin and Crabtree. They need to force Seattle out of that formation. They can't do it without adding more speed on the outside.

I dont think this is true. Saints, Broncos and other teams hags have played have top speed receivers. That didn't help them, nor did it force seattle to play different kind of coverage. Seattle has shown it has no fear going one-high safety against any offense in the league, and its truly scary. In the current state, the only way to stay close in a game with them is to run the ball patiently. In fact, it is the only pattern in the seattles 2013 games. Nearly any game that was close, the opposing team was able to run the ball.
if you want, I'll attach the same high-safety look against saints and broncos.
Get this deal done!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
resign boldin 2 years 12 million. draft a potential #1 receiver this year, sign one veteran receiver in the offseason, let crabtree play out his contract while using all the pieces for next years attempt at #6. now we're protected incase he wants too much, sign iupati instead

I was kinda hoping they could get him for LESS than the 6 mil he made last year, but I may be dreamin' on that one.

2 years for 8 to 10 million total and not a penny more. Wes Welker received 2 years and 12 million last offseason.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by regulator530:
Boldin is a must sing going into the 2014 season for a couple of reasons.

1. If the Niners want to win it all Boldin is a great leader to the team a classy veteran who can mentor Kap going forward
2. He is physical and with the Hawks CB we need a guy like him to get of the line in press coverage
3. Niners suffer on third down and red zone plays he makes a great third down option
4. Great route runner great hands and great attitude make him an essential part to Kaps growth

We had him this past season for three games against Seattle and could do next to nothing with him. I like Boldin, but we need to change our approach to force Seattle to adjust what they do defensively against us. If they had to keep two safeties deep for example to account for a speedy receiver on the outside, with Crabtree opposite, and Boldin in the slot, we can create some mismatches in the passing game and also create more space for our backs to run. Defenders would be fearful of crowding the line of scrimmage because they could potentially be giving up a big place.

What are you talking about, Boldin had close to 100 yards vs Seattle at home, that's where they were letting players play. Instead in Seattle, where they just let their CB's play.

The home advantage for the Seahawks is not going to change. Boldin has proven to be indispensable against lesser defenses. Against the Seahawks in Seattle, we need at least one WR starter with speed (yes, and all the other attributes required of a starter).

Whatever you say, there's a reason the team is in negotiations with him for a multi-year contract, gee I wonder who's right in this event?

Name your starter with speed who is gonna come in right away and take Boldin or Crabtrees spot?? Yes the team does need to add speed, and I have no doubt that they will, but that receiver with speed at best will be the 3rd or the 4th receiver. And will may likely take over for Boldin or Crabtree (if re-signed), he just has to fight off Quiton Patton for the job too. This offense isn't the greatest show on turf (thank god), a speedy receiver isn't asked to be on the field all the time.
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said Wednesday on NFL Network that the 49ers want the soon-to-be free-agent wide receiver back after a productive 2013. The feeling is mutual, according to a source with knowledge of the team's plans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325549/article/report-anquan-boldin-49ers-in-talks-for-new-contract

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Whatever you say, there's a reason the team is in negotiations with him for a multi-year contract, gee I wonder who's right in this event?

Name your starter with speed who is gonna come in right away and take Boldin or Crabtrees spot?? Yes the team does need to add speed, and I have no doubt that they will, but that receiver with speed at best will be the 3rd or the 4th receiver. And will may likely take over for Boldin or Crabtree (if re-signed), he just has to fight off Quiton Patton for the job too. This offense isn't the greatest show on turf (thank god), a speedy receiver isn't asked to be on the field all the time.

+1 Good luck with that.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said Wednesday on NFL Network that the 49ers want the soon-to-be free-agent wide receiver back after a productive 2013. The feeling is mutual, according to a source with knowledge of the team's plans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325549/article/report-anquan-boldin-49ers-in-talks-for-new-contract

lol, they keep saying this
We need boldin. Get er done!
i want bold bak but i have a really bad feeling that he has a big drop-off after we re-sign him
Originally posted by lucky_49:
i want bold bak but i have a really bad feeling that he has a big drop-off after we re-sign him

Nah. Dude is a straight beast that doesn't rely on his speed. He could play until his 40s if he wanted to

It won't be for effort. The guy is an ultimate professional and he will work like a machine until the day he hangs up his cleats. The only way he drops off is his health fails him. He is one guy that you can count on preparing himself and being ready. We will resign Boldin and he will both teach and rub off on all of our receiving core WR and TE young and old. He will help to improve the job our WR TE coaches has done. He had the same effect in BAL
Originally posted by crabman82:
The home advantage for the Seahawks is not going to change. Boldin has proven to be indispensable against lesser defenses. Against the Seahawks in Seattle, we need at least one WR starter with speed (yes, and all the other attributes required of a starter).

where would you rank carolinas D? surely a top 5 D, he had 8 for 136 on them. its clear you've got some sort of agenda.
Agenda? Yeah, I want to see the Niners win the SB. The Niners are drifting farther from that goal with Boldin.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

It won't be for effort. The guy is an ultimate professional and he will work like a machine until the day he hangs up his cleats. The only way he drops off is his health fails him. He is one guy that you can count on preparing himself and being ready. We will resign Boldin and he will both teach and rub off on all of our receiving core WR and TE young and old. He will help to improve the job our WR TE coaches has done. He had the same effect in BAL

The only way a healthy bold in can have a down year is without help. He will have plenty of help with crab Davis and lattimore
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by regulator530:
Boldin is a must sing going into the 2014 season for a couple of reasons.

1. If the Niners want to win it all Boldin is a great leader to the team a classy veteran who can mentor Kap going forward
2. He is physical and with the Hawks CB we need a guy like him to get of the line in press coverage
3. Niners suffer on third down and red zone plays he makes a great third down option
4. Great route runner great hands and great attitude make him an essential part to Kaps growth

We had him this past season for three games against Seattle and could do next to nothing with him. I like Boldin, but we need to change our approach to force Seattle to adjust what they do defensively against us. If they had to keep two safeties deep for example to account for a speedy receiver on the outside, with Crabtree opposite, and Boldin in the slot, we can create some mismatches in the passing game and also create more space for our backs to run. Defenders would be fearful of crowding the line of scrimmage because they could potentially be giving up a big place.

What are you talking about, Boldin had close to 100 yards vs Seattle at home, that's where they were letting players play. Instead in Seattle, where they just let their CB's play.

8 for 93 at the stick, 5 for 53 and a td in the playoff game. he was only a non factor in that week 2 game. but thats the era we live in with fantasy football, if its not 11 catches for a 130 then ppl dont give a s**t, its pathetic really.
And the Niners lost. Why expect a different outcome next season with Boldin starting?

cus it was a one score game that went down to the wire? some of you guys are acting like we lost to seattle 43-8.

We lost. By any score, it's too much. The formula for the team didn't work last season. Why would it succeed next season?
''
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I agree we need speed but ARI beat them in SEA and I wouldn't consider Fitz and Floyd burners. They're like Julio and Roddy though in that they're physical and huge. I like to think the same of Crab VD and Q. ARI won because they yielded 10 points while scoring 17 themselves. We got the scoring down but we have to quit making mistakes leading to easy scores and A Davis has to quit letting Avril contribute to forcing two of Kap turnovers. We need Crab VD and Boldin and we have to quit making mistakes giving SEA the game
Hoping for improvement rather than making it happen is a trap I hope the Niners' FO won't fall into.
Share 49ersWebzone