There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anquan Boldin

Originally posted by SofaKing:
2012 was a wash, but 2013 looks like it's going to be a very productive draft. Reid is a keeper. Patton can play. Lattimore will be a factor next year, and don't forget about Carradine.

Yeah, great pick with Carradine, the 49ers really didn't need a contributing rookie this season.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I expect the Cheaphawks to go after Boldin. That's what they do: try sign former 49ers.

They will have a hard time signing anyone with their cap situation. They are already less than a million under the projected salary cap with only 45 players under contract. (we are about $6-7 million under with the top 51 salaries). That is before renegotiating or extending any of their own players.

Signing Boldin in that situation will be very tough. They would have to do a lot of cap maneuvering and say goodby to some of their core players. It also wouldn't make sense since they have Baldwin, Tate, and Harvin as their top 3 guys already.
Not sure the league has announced the cap increase for next year so isn't this speculation? As for revamping the roster...Rogers, Whitner, Goodwin...gone? Baalke will have this under control, but we may lose some fan favorites in the process. Some restructuring could help as well.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Not sure the league has announced the cap increase for next year so isn't this speculation? As for revamping the roster...Rogers, Whitner, Goodwin...gone? Baalke will have this under control, but we may lose some fan favorites in the process. Some restructuring could help as well.

It is educated estimates based on projected league revenue and the current CBA. It should be somewhere in the $126,600,000 range.
By his tweet it sounds like he's coming back. Maybe him and Baalke already have some sort of handshake agreement
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dhp318:
2012 was a wash, but 2013 looks like it's going to be a very productive draft. Reid is a keeper. Patton can play. Lattimore will be a factor next year, and don't forget about Carradine.

Yeah, great pick with Carradine, the 49ers really didn't need a contributing rookie this season.

With Bowman shelved for a while, it is time to see a healthy Carradine play.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I expect the Cheaphawks to go after Boldin. That's what they do: try sign former 49ers.

They will have a hard time signing anyone with their cap situation. They are already less than a million under the projected salary cap with only 45 players under contract. (we are about $6-7 million under with the top 51 salaries). That is before renegotiating or extending any of their own players.

Signing Boldin in that situation will be very tough. They would have to do a lot of cap maneuvering and say goodby to some of their core players. It also wouldn't make sense since they have Baldwin, Tate, and Harvin as their top 3 guys already.
Aren't there some obvious cuts in Seattle though? Like Sidney Rice, for example. He has a pretty big cap number.. I think he's almost assuredly gone.
When are we going to resign this guy?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by dhp318:

With Bowman shelved for a while, it is time to see a healthy Carradine play.
He's not a linebacker so he doesn't really help in that sense but I know what you mean. We need to see Caradine come into the equation and kick some arse.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I'm betting it happens right before FA kicks off in mid March.
Originally posted by matt49er:

Are we allowed to resign before FA begins?
His impact was huge this year. He's a performer. Very healthy. Sign him.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by matt49er:

Are we allowed to resign before FA begins?

Yes. So why hasn't he signed? Most likely it's because he's gonna test the market. He just had two huge seasons in a row. No reason not to try for 10.0M+ per year.
Despite his saving the team last season, I wouldn't be so quick to resign him. The FO's object should be to target beating Seattle, even in Seattle. That will require speed, and much more of it. Boldin was neutralized in both Niners' games in Seattle (as was VD and Crabtree). Those three are good enough to beat lesser teams, but the Super Bowl now goes through Seattle.