LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Baalke might have problems drafting, but he did well with trades and free agent signings.

The Boldin trade my have been a Harbaugh-Harbaugh deal...Baalke has had 2 straight years of garbage...and we need good drafts.

2012 was a wash, but 2013 looks like it's going to be a very productive draft. Reid is a keeper. Patton can play. Lattimore will be a factor next year, and don't forget about Carradine.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
We desperately need him back.

Agreed. His ability to make tough catches is essential until Kap's accuracy and touch improve sufficiently.
Would love to have Boldin and Crabs for a full season. However, we really need to make an attempt to develop guys like Patten or one of the 50 draft picks we have this year.

I don't know if its our offense or Kap, but we don't spread the ball around enough in our passing attack. Heck we don't spread the ball around enough to our RB. There is no reason to have Hunter sitting on the bench. He is talented with fresh legs.
I expect the Cheaphawks to go after Boldin. That's what they do: try sign former 49ers.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I expect the Cheaphawks to go after Boldin. That's what they do: try sign former 49ers.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh you just ruined my whole offseason lol. Im going to be having nightmares about this until/if he re-signs with us!
49ers better sign this dude QUAN, give him a 1 year $5.5mil deal and DRAFT OR SIGN a gamebreaker to go with QUAN & CRAB. Give Cleveland the 2nd rounder from the Chiefs for Gordon!!!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
2012 was a wash, but 2013 looks like it's going to be a very productive draft. Reid is a keeper. Patton can play. Lattimore will be a factor next year, and don't forget about Carradine.

Yeah, great pick with Carradine, the 49ers really didn't need a contributing rookie this season.

They will have a hard time signing anyone with their cap situation. They are already less than a million under the projected salary cap with only 45 players under contract. (we are about $6-7 million under with the top 51 salaries). That is before renegotiating or extending any of their own players.

Signing Boldin in that situation will be very tough. They would have to do a lot of cap maneuvering and say goodby to some of their core players. It also wouldn't make sense since they have Baldwin, Tate, and Harvin as their top 3 guys already.
Not sure the league has announced the cap increase for next year so isn't this speculation? As for revamping the roster...Rogers, Whitner, Goodwin...gone? Baalke will have this under control, but we may lose some fan favorites in the process. Some restructuring could help as well.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Not sure the league has announced the cap increase for next year so isn't this speculation? As for revamping the roster...Rogers, Whitner, Goodwin...gone? Baalke will have this under control, but we may lose some fan favorites in the process. Some restructuring could help as well.

It is educated estimates based on projected league revenue and the current CBA. It should be somewhere in the $126,600,000 range.

By his tweet it sounds like he's coming back. Maybe him and Baalke already have some sort of handshake agreement
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Yeah, great pick with Carradine, the 49ers really didn't need a contributing rookie this season.

With Bowman shelved for a while, it is time to see a healthy Carradine play.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

They will have a hard time signing anyone with their cap situation. They are already less than a million under the projected salary cap with only 45 players under contract. (we are about $6-7 million under with the top 51 salaries). That is before renegotiating or extending any of their own players.

Signing Boldin in that situation will be very tough. They would have to do a lot of cap maneuvering and say goodby to some of their core players. It also wouldn't make sense since they have Baldwin, Tate, and Harvin as their top 3 guys already.
Aren't there some obvious cuts in Seattle though? Like Sidney Rice, for example. He has a pretty big cap number.. I think he's almost assuredly gone.
When are we going to resign this guy?
Share 49ersWebzone