There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anquan Boldin

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I never knew Boldin was the evil piece of s**t buck and aikmen made him out to be, hes always seemed like a pretty good guy.

LOL, I know right? Put Boldin in another uniform and they'll love him. His antics are nothing knew. He's been doing that his entire career. Something about the Red & Gold that fills Buck and Aikman with hatred.

Aikman used to be ok. Not sure what happened to him. Too many candlelit dinners at Buck's house maybe.

Boldin only talks back to those who try to talk trash to him. You never hear him say anything stupid off the field, ala that punk Sherman. He just competes hard and will not take any crap from anyone. And if some douchebag DB wants to talk smack to Boldin then he better expect to receive a healthy dose back when Anquan makes a big play. It's as simple as that. I don't see anything classless about that.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I never knew Boldin was the evil piece of s**t buck and aikmen made him out to be, hes always seemed like a pretty good guy.

LOL, I know right? Put Boldin in another uniform and they'll love him. His antics are nothing knew. He's been doing that his entire career. Something about the Red & Gold that fills Buck and Aikman with hatred.

Aikman used to be ok. Not sure what happened to him. Too many candlelit dinners at Buck's house maybe.

Boldin only talks back to those who try to talk trash to him. You never hear him say anything stupid off the field, ala that punk Sherman. He just competes hard and will not take any crap from anyone. And if some douchebag DB wants to talk smack to Boldin then he better expect to receive a healthy dose back when Anquan makes a big play. It's as simple as that. I don't see anything classless about that.

exactly what I see too. It's reactionary to what the DB does/say. Otherwise, he's professional about it.
We need to keep this guy at all cost. I know he's goign to be 34 but we need him for at least two more years.
Hypothetical Question: If we win the SB and Boldin is a major contributor, does he eventually get into the Hall of Fame over guys like Tim Brown and Andre Reed?

He's had major impact for 3 franchises, getting to 2 SB, and in the case of my question, 3 SBs with 2 SB victories, I could see it happen.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jan 16, 2014 at 11:17 PM ]
I say yes PROVIDED he has at least 2 more seasons of close to 1,000 yards. Stats are almost there. But two rings do speak volumes to HOF voters.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Not sure if posted yet.....but dammit I love this guy!!!!

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Hypothetical Question: If we win the SB and Boldin is a major contributor, does he eventually get into the Hall of Fame over guys like Tim Brown and Andre Reed?

He's had major impact for 3 franchises, getting to 2 SB, and in the case of my question, 3 SBs with 2 SB victories, I could see it happen.

I could see it. Winning those 2 rings are huge. What helps further his case is that he basically won the Super Bowl for the Ravens, the team became mediocre after his departure, and what he did for the 49ers this season being the only wide receiver the majority of the season. Also, although there were other factors involved (like Kurt Warner's retirement which was the bigger issue), didn't Arizona fall apart the year he was traded?
Originally posted by kentc1978:
I say yes PROVIDED he has at least 2 more seasons of close to 1,000 yards. Stats are almost there. But two rings do speak volumes to HOF voters.

Charles Haley has 5 rings and was the west coast version of Lawrence Taylor in his prime. Of course Haley was an a**hole though
I was looking at the free agency list for this off-season and I didn't see Boldin's name. Is he a free agent after we win the Superbowl or do people just assume we are going to cut him because of his cap number? I googled it, but didn't find an article with any info on the duration of his contract.

Edit: Looks like he'll be an UFA this off-season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/anquan-boldin/
[ Edited by KungFuJoe on Jan 18, 2014 at 9:46 PM ]
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
I was looking at the free agency list for this off-season and I didn't see Boldin's name. Is he a free agent after we win the Superbowl or do people just assume we are going to cut him because of his cap number? I googled it, but didn't find an article with any info on the duration of his contract.

Edit: Looks like he'll be an UFA this off-season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/anquan-boldin/

Yes we all knew that
Originally posted by Kolohe:

A man among boys!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
A man among boys!

WRONG!

He's a giant three-toed sloth among boys.

Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

A man among boys!

A beast for sure!
I hope we can keep him around. He's so valuable. He's Mr Reliable.

If we can have Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, and Vernon all on the field next year Kaepernick could take a giant step forward as a passer. Crab's injury this year derailed the offense this year, but Boldin held things together. Without Anquan, I highly doubt we make the playoffs.
For a guy who is not the most athletic receiver, he is unbelievable. He is the example of how to catch with your hands. You never see him try to catch with his body and it is the reason he makes huge plays while other guys need it thrown perfectly (*cough* Vernon *cough*).

I hope he and Crab step up big today. We need everything both of them have to offer.