There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The next 49er to get a big $$ deal (other than Kap)

Eli & Ben I would think both won their 1st SB's with in their rookie contracts. Also backed by some pretty good defenses.

Peyton would be the only one that I think falls into the big money contract situation on that list. He was probably pretty lucky to be up against Rex Grossman in the SB.

Kaeps not worth 18-20M at this point. Somewhere in the 4 years 50M is what I would want to pay. Maybe a few incentives to top it to 60?

I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson will be a guy that settles for less when his 2nd contract is coming up.
What does Madden 25 say when you try to extend him?
Jim Harbaugh and Trent Baalke...

Sign these two guys to long term contracts and /thread
Originally posted by AUniner:
What does Madden 25 say when you try to extend him?

lol, seriously though, he wants over 100 million, same as Aldon Smith. Hated it, gave them both over $100M to extend,
Originally posted by 49er4life:

this.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Eli & Ben I would think both won their 1st SB's with in their rookie contracts. Also backed by some pretty good defenses.

Peyton would be the only one that I think falls into the big money contract situation on that list. He was probably pretty lucky to be up against Rex Grossman in the SB.

Kaeps not worth 18-20M at this point. Somewhere in the 4 years 50M is what I would want to pay. Maybe a few incentives to top it to 60?

I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson will be a guy that settles for less when his 2nd contract is coming up.
Here we go.

Super Bowl Winning QBs, Since 2000

2000- Rams - Warner - $2,004,300
2001- Ravens - Dilfer - $1,000,300
2002- Pats- Brady - $314,993
2003- Buccaneers - Brad Johnson - $6,803,150
2004- Pats- Brady - $3,323,450
2005- Pats- Brady - $5,062,950
2006- Steelers- Big Ben - $4,225,090
2007- Colts- Peyton - $10,571,068
2008- Giants- Eli - $10,046,666
2009- Steelers - Big Ben - $7,971,920
2010- Saints- Brees - $10,660,400
2011- Packers - Rodgers - $6,500,000
2012- Giants- Eli - $14,100,000
2013- Ravens - Flacco - $8,000,000

None over $10.6M until Eli's new deal, when he won the title.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Oct 15, 2013 at 11:13 PM ]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/10/49ers-extend-g-m-trent-baalke-through-2016/

Baalke is signed through 2016 so far and Harbaugh is through 2015. 5 Yr 25ish mil. 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
Originally posted by Gore_21:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/10/49ers-extend-g-m-trent-baalke-through-2016/

Baalke is signed through 2016 so far and Harbaugh is through 2015. 5 Yr 25ish mil. 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015

yep. Baalke got a 2yr extension this offseason, and so did Greg Roman. Hoping Harbaugh gets one soon. He is clearly the right guy for the job.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
yep. Baalke got a 2yr extension this offseason, and so did Greg Roman. Hoping Harbaugh gets one soon. He is clearly the right guy for the job.

That says it was a 3 year. Roman's was a 2 year and is signed through 2015. Never heard on Fangio. I'd re-sign him for a few more years too. My guess is he is up after this year or next since he never got an extension yet. While we are on it give Jimmy Tomsula and Ed Donatell life time contracts. :) I have no idea when Donatell, Tomsula or Fangio are signed through. Fangio should be known but the position coaches are probably more private. They really don't make a point of getting it out in public what they are making and for how long they are signed. Same with how much a GM makes; that seems to be private as well.

So Baalke Through 2016, Harbaugh Through 2015, Roman Through 2015, Fangio ?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:

this.

But if you can only pick one.. Harbaugh

The contracts to Dalton and Newton will set the bar for each other's deals. I hope Baalke is the first to sign his star QB. My guess is that it will end up saving him money. Given what Stafford just got (about $15 a year?), I would extend Kap for $13/yr with the quickness.

If Crabs can come back and play at near 90%, I would be confident he can get fully healthy over the offseason. Unless Baldwin or Patton show something, Crabs is the guy we can't let get away, of course, for a reasonable price. He is the perfect WR for this offense. Great hands and will win run blocks. This offense needs Crabs and VD. It will give Kap what he needs to succeed as a passer. Get Crabs for $10 per would be happy for both sides. Scout and find a solid OG.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

That says it was a 3 year. Roman's was a 2 year and is signed through 2015. Never heard on Fangio. I'd re-sign him for a few more years too. My guess is he is up after this year or next since he never got an extension yet. While we are on it give Jimmy Tomsula and Ed Donatell life time contracts. :) I have no idea when Donatell, Tomsula or Fangio are signed through. Fangio should be known but the position coaches are probably more private. They really don't make a point of getting it out in public what they are making and for how long they are signed. Same with how much a GM makes; that seems to be private as well.

So Baalke Through 2016, Harbaugh Through 2015, Roman Through 2015, Fangio ?

ok, I thought it was a 2yr.

Not sure on Fangio's contract.
I would say Aldon but it looks like he is going to sign as a free agent to join Adam Sandler and the mean machine.
Originally posted by thl408:
But if you can only pick one.. Harbaugh

Good thing about coaches and GM's salaries is they don't count against the cap so we don't have to pick 1. We already signed Baalke through 2016 and Harbaugh is signed through 2015 and we will probably extend him some time during the 2014 season or 2014 offseason. He wants to be here, we want him he's not going anywhere. Honestly, as long as they perform well I don't see Baalke or Harbaugh going anywhere. Also, as long as Harbaugh's health holds up and he don't wear himself down. I'd say at the least we will see 10 years out of both with Harbaugh being in his 3rd and Baalke in his 4th year. Could very well see 15 years out of each.

ok, I thought it was a 2yr.

Not sure on Fangio's contract.

Roman was up after this year so when we hired Harbaugh and he picked his staff you have to figure we gave Fangio the same deal so 3 years as well. That would mean he's signed through this year. I don't see him wanting to be a head coach. I think he stays here and we'd be dumb not to extend him for 2-3 more years. He has a few things that most dont like about him but he's a great DC and will be hard to find better. If anything I get rid of Roman before I get rid of Fangio. Or maybe even Morton the WR coach. I'd say our best coaches (outside jim) for the area they coach are in no order Tomsula, Donatell, Fangio, Leavitt then Roman, Chryst, Solari, Morton.

Back to Fangio's 2 things one is the lack of DL rotation. He should have done it a lot more last year when we had better depth. This year he is rotating them but probably because Harbaugh told him to. To be fair we don't have the best depth and I don't blame him for wanting to take out Smith and McDonald but it resulted in them being wore down a the end of the season. It's not like we had outstanding depth last year RJF was ok and Williams wasn't nearly as good as he is now. The other thing is he doesn't blitz enough and part of it is he feels we get enough pressure with our 4 man front but there were times in our 3 man front we weren't getting it done and Qb's picked us apart. It's part of the way we play though... keep everything in front of us and make them earn their points. No long bombs for easy tds. Overall though like I said he's one of the best DC's in the league and would be hard to find a better DC available. I know some of you would say Tomsula should be DC but to to me he is happy being a DL coach and he really isn't an x and o kind of guy. When he took over as coach that one game he said he let the coordinators do their thing. I don't think he would want to call plays. He's perfect where he is at.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM ]
Lawrence Okoye
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Not for another 3 years.

Crab may have moved to #2 behind Kap now that we see what the WRs corps looks like without him.

Crab cant move anywhere until he proves on the field that he is back. That's whether we're playing like Denver or Jacksonville.