There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

18 play drive in the fourth quarter

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
He's being sarcastic....

Someone mentioned they would stop Lynch since they "handled" gore so well. That whole rant is in response to that

Let's just hope this was sarcasm on general principles. The poster was called The FightingFalcon. His tag line is "The Ultimate Football Guru". It has to be sarcasm because he says the Cards defense "totally shut down Gore," and then goes on to explain that they held him to 101 yards, 4 yards over his average. That with the idea that a 9 and a half minute TD scoring drive is actually a win for the Cards defense screams sarcasm. But, I will point out that the other posters seem to think he's for real, so yikes.

LOL that read sounded a little too serious...i do like the red birds at home vs she-hawks. as good as seattle is, away they're mediocre.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I kinda hope Roman bolts for USC, and Rathman gets the OC job.

this
Originally posted by boast:

this

IDK about that one...How much of a passing game can Rathman call/create ?
Really good post.

Roman should take a lesson from this and then take a Roman Holiday - to Texas. I don't know if Rathman is capable but it sure would be great to actually use ome of the great WCO we have in the vault.

This is a great formula and will open up many passing opportunities as Kap settles in. He's progressed in each of his last 3 games , seeming to be more comfortable.

That drive is one for the ages.

this

With Rathman every play will be a run play...RATHMAN SHOULD BE OUR OC
Originally posted by valrod33:

this

With Rathman every play will be a run play...RATHMAN SHOULD BE OUR OC

Kubiak would be a good play caller, and he is proven. It's not really his fault that his mediocre qb has melted down. Schaub was never really very good anyway, just a product of a system.
That did it for us. That was a game killer for the Cards, loved every moment of it. Too bad it wasn't gore with the TD, but he seems less selfish, not that he was. But he has mentored Hunter, and the younger backs. Love Gore, keep him here till he retires, he still has it.

Gore didn't get the TD but that drive happened because of him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

this

he would not call a fake toss pitch on our own goal line, if we were five yards from a touchdown in a super bowl he would know enough to run it, if the run is working in a game he would know enough to stay with it.. the pass game will come off our run game, always has, always will. you do not need a mad scientist with a hunched back assistant named igor in the lab to be our offensive coordinator.
Originally posted by cciowa:

this

he would not call a fake toss pitch on our own goal line, if we were five yards from a touchdown in a super bowl he would know enough to run it, if the run is working in a game he would know enough to stay with it.. the pass game will come off our run game, always has, always will. you do not need a mad scientist with a hunched back assistant named igor in the lab to be our offensive coordinator.

how do you not know Rathman didn't influence roman to pass on all four downs ?

assume much?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
how do you not know Rathman didn't influence roman to pass on all four downs ?

assume much?

i would bet you mayos penis that romans cute plays come right out of his own head,, which is the worst place they could come out of.. i think roman has a blank check to do anything and i really seriously doubt anyone advises him. he is smarter than the game and can not be told what to do
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Kubiak would be a good play caller, and he is proven. It's not really his fault that his mediocre qb has melted down. Schaub was never really very good anyway, just a product of a system.

yes, let's trade Roman for Kubiak!
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

yes, let's trade Roman for Kubiak!

Lmj for kubiak and a longhorn bull.
Gotta agree with the original post. That was a thing of beauty and I haven't ever seen anything like it either.

I just wish they would've gone that route in the Super Bowl. I don't think Baltimore would've stopped it either, sadly.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Gotta agree with the original post. That was a thing of beauty and I haven't ever seen anything like it either.

I just wish they would've gone that route in the Super Bowl. I don't think Baltimore would've stopped it either, sadly.

They ran the exact same play, with the exact same pre snap look, 5 times in a row, all for positive yards! Awesome!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Let's just hope this was sarcasm on general principles. The poster was called The FightingFalcon. His tag line is "The Ultimate Football Guru". It has to be sarcasm because he says the Cards defense "totally shut down Gore," and then goes on to explain that they held him to 101 yards, 4 yards over his average. That with the idea that a 9 and a half minute TD scoring drive is actually a win for the Cards defense screams sarcasm. But, I will point out that the other posters seem to think he's for real, so yikes.

I can't believe people on here are actually debating whether or not the guy was being sarcastic. I figured the fact that he implied Gore romped the Seahawks and Colts with 17 and 41 yards, respectively, but only put up 101 on the Cardinals was a dead giveaway.