There are 300 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 12)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
relax guys, we won 27-6

Not you in particular but just in general there are a lot of people with the mindset of we won dont complain about anything. I don't get why some people have a problem with discussing this type of stuff like if we don't have rose colored glasses on and everything is perfect and nothing can be fixed we aren't fans. Some call it complaining... it's not like we aren't happy we won but I see no problem with discussing things we can improve on. I hate that motto where if you don't agree or like everything you're not a fan, a hater, whatever else. I always go back to the example of the mid 2000's where we barely won our first 2 games and the 2nd game we kicked a fg against the rams to win like 17-16 and we had so many mistakes and I said we should thank our lucky stars and we have a lot of work to do. Others were like we are 2-0, you have nothing to complain about. Well we ended up losing like 5+ in a row and I think were like 5-15 on the season. I always say nothing wrong with wanting to be better. The players, coaches and gm have that mind set why can't the fans? Edit: and I will say there are a few out there don't have to mention names that I'd consider complainers. The guys are never happy no matter what. We could have won the SB 55-3 and they would be like we shouldnt have given up 3 points.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 25, 2013 at 11:26 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We're getting all our reinforcements back. Mario had a game and Crab is due next week. Can't wait for more blowout wins.
Boldin is a freaking man-beast!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pretty much, if they keep playing him, they are going to push him into David Carr territory. A guy can only take so many beatings before he breaks mentally. In that regard, Alex Smith is a freak of nature, he got the s**t kicked out of him so much and still kept getting up, dude is like the Rocky of QB's, I'll never take that away from him, he has cajones. Don't know if RG3 has that mental fortitude, who knows how many more beatings he can take before he ends up with the same sort of PTSD-ish behavior that Carr exhibits.

Good call. The beatdown that RGIII got today was what AS endured for 6 seasons. Absolutely incredible he persevered and triumphed in the end given all the s**t he went through. A lesser man would have crumbled and been out of the league in 3 seasons.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Would have been roughing the passer if it was

1. P. Manning
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Rodgers

Honestly that probably should have been a flag. Aldon could have stopped lol. Refs were very lenient with flags today.
Calling those stretch plays against an 8-9 man front will never work no matter who is in the backfield too.

There's that as well. They need to back defenses off by consistently passing the ball and taking advantage of single coverage, a defense will only stick with a losing strategy for so long, if they start getting lit up by the passing game, they'll pull someone out of the box and put them into coverage which would then make the offense overall more explosive as the defense is caught between defending against the run and the pass and either being more vulnerable to passes downfield or getting busted up with a powerful running game.

This is exactly it. The reason Roman can't figure it out, is that he is too analytical. We complete a pass or two, so he thinks that opens up the stretch run. It doesn't. Scaring a team with anything requires multiple plays and even multiple games. Our line was blocking well most of the game, we could have done a lot more, but Roman was dying to try some new cute stuff he created, so we went with that instead.
Originally posted by xela510:
Would have been roughing the passer if it was

1. P. Manning
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Rodgers

Honestly that probably should have been a flag. Aldon could have stopped lol. Refs were very lenient with flags today.

He didn't drive into him, he let go in mid-air and fell to his side. It was a textbook no call. It's not like you're not allowed to hit quarterbacks. The flags randomly come when there is stuff near the head.

I mentioned this before but definitely would have been called against the golden boy qbs of the league. It was late and I think the only reason he didn't throw it was because Aldon didn't drive him into the ground and went off to the side which is what the rule is. You plant a guy into the ground and stay on top of them as you are planting them it's a foul but if you lean off to the side it isn't one. To sum that up easier they don't want you landing with your full body weight on the QB for obvious reasons. Ask Alex Smith with Rocky Benard.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I mentioned this before but definitely would have been called against the golden boy qbs of the league. It was late and I think the only reason he didn't throw it was because Aldon didn't drive him into the ground and went off to the side which is what the rule is. You plant a guy into the ground and stay on top of them as you are planting them it's a foul but if you lean off to the side it isn't one. To sum that up easier they don't want you landing with your full body weight on the QB for obvious reasons. Ask Alex Smith with Rocky Benard.
Helps that it was the only game being played today as well.
anyone see Ditka on the espn pregame showing talking about Vernon davis--he was complimentary saying he was the niners best player in his view then he called Vernon a dandy, placing emphasis on the word dandy...was Ditka trying to imply something

Originally posted by niners94:
Truth.

Meh, Ray Lewis is just another dick with a big mouth looking like he just got through murdering someone behind the stadium.

The offense did take some big steps forward tonight, the playcalling was much improved, they got the playcalls in on time, they did much better in terms of consistently moving the ball downfield. Its a positive and it has to help Kaepernick's confidence for sure.

wow....wow ur way off about Ray Lewis...but right about the ninners and Kaep
The key to stopping our run game is calling stretch plays that go absolutely no where or for negative yardage every time.

This. You need speedier backs to run those, both Gore and Hunter are better suited to off guard, up the middle..etc. Especially since they insist on running James up the middle the majority of the time.

truth!!
Originally posted by hofer36:
anyone see Ditka on the espn pregame showing talking about Vernon davis--he was complimentary saying he was the niners best player in his view then he called Vernon a dandy, placing emphasis on the word dandy...was Ditka trying to imply something

Hmmm...he might be.

Dandy - a man unduly devoted to style, neatness, and fashion in dress and appearance.

That is true about VD lol. He's really into fashion and art. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I can see how an old school tough guy like Ditka might find that to be a bit
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Hmmm...he might be.

Dandy - a man unduly devoted to style, neatness, and fashion in dress and appearance.

That is true about VD lol. He's really into fashion and art. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I can see how an old school tough guy like Ditka might find that to be a bit

LOL at the smiley. Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if VD was gay with how artistic he is and the way he has been talking. Hopefully nobody takes offense to that not all guys who are artistic or whatever are gay and really I don't care if VD is gay or not as long as he keeps playing well on the field. I will say dandy probably used a lot more back in Ditka's days and meant gem/in this case a great player. It's not really used much in today's language. I dont know I have heard it used as fine and dandy meaning everything is good.... he's a dandy could mean he's gem/good player. what a dandy.. probably means the definition you gave
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Hmmm...he might be.

LOL at the smiley. Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if VD was gay with how artistic he is and the way he has been talking. Hopefully nobody takes offense to that not all guys who are artistic or whatever are gay and really I don't care if VD is gay or not as long as he keeps playing well on the field. I will say dandy probably used a lot more back in Ditka's days and meant gem/in this case a great player. It's not really used much in today's language. I dont know I have heard it used as fine and dandy meaning everything is good.... he's a dandy could mean he's gem/good player. what a dandy.. probably means the definition you gave

Hahaha yeah. I really don't mind what Vernon's preferences are either. I've only heard dandy used as a way to say something or someone was excellent. But I knew of the other meaning and I thought it was funny that out of all the word's Ditka could have used to describe VD, he said Dandy LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone