There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 11)

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If Kaepernick cannot fix any of his problems by this coming week, it's going to be a bloodbath. If the Saints can play mistake-free football, we will lose.

Right now, I still can't predict a score with us losing.

49ers 24, Saints 23

The saints will no doubt be looking for paybacks.
our defense wont allow 40 1st downs...bank on it
24-10
Saints
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
24-10
Saints

This sounds about right...they'll score for sure, maybe not 7 TDs, but about 3-4, and a couple of field goals. The 49ers will probably have some good drives, but depending on RKW (Roman, Kaep, WRs), some of them will stall and others might result in field goals. Overall, I think the Saints will win, plus it's home turf and must be waiting to take revenge for the last two losses.
The only upside, and that is before this game even starts, is that the 49ers have a unique oportunity to play against a great team ...especially when it's own offense is suspect. Basically, an opportunity to make it a stmt game...vs say playing against the Jags. Hopefully that is some motivation, we'll see.
Expect the 49ers to get back to what they are good at Running the football against the 24th rank rush defense
I say we still pick Brees off at some point during the game, he's terrible at dealing with our linebacker core, cause he's not used to facing athletic LBs who can make interceptions, and stretch the field.

This game is gonna come back on Kap more than anybody, cause I know damn well in the last 2 mins he's gonna have to win us the game. -We've only lost 'two' thus far back-to-back under Harbaugh (and it already happened this season), but I wouldn't be surprised if we come back and look like a good team again, and win (which would piss the fanbase off even more at this point).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
49ers - 3
Saints - 0

GO D!!!
craig dahl picks brees 17 times. book it
We're not only going to get beat we're going to get butt humped and not gently. You think the Saints forgot what happened in 2011 or 2012? Its going to be ugly. Our defense will keep it close for the first half or even have us in the lead but by the end of the 3rd they're going to be gassed from being on the field all day and we're going to have to watch everyone BUT Kaepernick do that stupid ass bicep kissing celebration just like the Carolina game. Another team has yet another statement game.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Sean Payton is one of the top three coaches in the league. He will have an offensive game plan ready that will challenge the 49er D. Rob Ryan is not far behind on the defensive side. Dallas, with Tony Romo throwing to Dez Bryant and Jason Witten is a much better passing team than the 49ers and the Saints had little difficulty shutting them down.

This is a statement game FOR THE 49ERS, not the Saints. The Saints are the hot team. The 49ers can put themselves back into serious playoff talk if they win in NOLA. OTOH, if the 49ers have any hope for a home field wild card game, they have to win this game. Lose and they go to Carolina in the WC game as it stands now.

Every game now becomes a MUST WIN game. They cannot afford to lose again if they want to continue to think about the Super Bowl.
Saints are a tough team, even tougher in the Superdome, and I have zero confidence in our offense sad to say. And if VD isn't there, game over .

Defense may be able to somewhat contain Brees to an certain extent so he won't mercilessly massacre us like he did the Cowgirls but with Reid possibly sitting out Sunday and Dahl starting, that scares the s**t out of me. Breesus will undoubtedly pick on Dahl and Dahl being Dahl will f**k up and give up the big play(s).

So yeah, I think we're going to get killed. But at least this time I'm expecting the blow.

14-34 Saints
Delaine Walker was huge in this game last year in NO.

i don't know what our offensive approach will be against the Saints if Vernon is out.

to be honest, I'm mainly worried about Reid being out.

The Saints will also have their young Safety out as well..but for some reason I have a feeling Brees and Sean Payton will gameplan to exploit Craig Dahl ( who played well yesturday)...more so than our coaches trying to exploit the Saint's Starting Safety's absence.
We own the saints..

28-24 Niners all day.
Originally posted by dj43:
Sean Payton is one of the top three coaches in the league. He will have an offensive game plan ready that will challenge the 49er D. Rob Ryan is not far behind on the defensive side. Dallas, with Tony Romo throwing to Dez Bryant and Jason Witten is a much better passing team than the 49ers and the Saints had little difficulty shutting them down.

This is a statement game FOR THE 49ERS, not the Saints. The Saints are the hot team. The 49ers can put themselves back into serious playoff talk if they win in NOLA. OTOH, if the 49ers have any hope for a home field wild card game, they have to win this game. Lose and they go to Carolina in the WC game as it stands now.

Every game now becomes a MUST WIN game. They cannot afford to lose again if they want to continue to think about the Super Bowl.