There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 11)

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
That's the part that scares me. Bye week before the Rams, Bye week before the Ravens in the Superbowl, and a Bye Week versus the Panthers and all 3-games ended in less-than-mediocre performances.W L T0 - 2 - 1

Well, game over then, because the 49ers will never win a Super Bowl. Let's all root for the Warriors now!
[ Edited by biggiep on Nov 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM ]
Originally posted by biggiep:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
That's the part that scares me. Bye week before the Rams, Bye week before the Ravens in the Superbowl, and a Bye Week versus the Panthers and all 3-games ended in less-than-mediocre performances.W L T0 - 2 - 1

Well, game over then, because the 49ers will never win a Super Bowl. Let's all root for the Warriors now!

Yes, let's root for the Warriors, a true franchise full of championship tradition

No thanks, I trust this staff to right their wrongs, no matter how bad their current patterns look.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Man, id like to think we can bounce back, but after the physical battle we just had with one of the toughest teams in the NFL, its hard to see us being ready to take down a red hot Saints team at home. Especially if guys like VD, Reid, and McDonald arent going to be able to play.

I think the Cardinals are the only team this year that faced the Seahawks and won the following week, and that was a Thursday game that allowed 10 days of recovery. The physical beating just drains you for a while. The Panthers arent very different.

If we dont have VD and Reid next week, were screwed. Brees is going to torch Dahl and Whitner, and without Vernon the offense just doesnt seem to work.

Was thinking the same thing. This game was physically and emotionally draining. I feel spent. Just imagine how the players feel. Couple that with a tough road game next week and we're banged up. I'm expecting to get our asses handed to us to be honest.

Dammit, you guys make a lot of logical sense and I hate it lol.

Lets just hope next week our team defies logic.
Dallas has a more potent passing attack than the niners and they only scored 17 to the Saints 49. Yeah, this doesn't look good for the niners. This is the type of game the niners is supposed to win with Kaep and the offense. Unless the defense can keep the Saints under 10-15 points, we're screwed.

Hawks are going to win the west without a fight. The game at Candlestick won't mean anything to them if they win or lose.
Kaep's numbers will be 7/14 78yards and 51 rushing
Brees 32/43 355 3 TDs
First series of the game: 9ers go 3 & out
Payton: Do we have a plan against the niners?
Rob Ryan: I think we should pressure Kaep, double team Boldin. They tend to get away from the running game anyway, make them a passing team their not.
Payton: What about on offense?
Brees: Can we just blow them out...PLEASE?!?!?!?. Reid might be out and it'll be Dahl back there.
Payton: Okay...rest of the week off!!
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 11, 2013 at 5:50 AM ]
hope dial gets healthy..
  • HERN
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 304
Originally posted by LVJay:
Stop giving our offense a lot of credit... 13 points, geez what a homer

lol
Originally posted by Baldie:
Dallas has a more potent passing attack than the niners and they only scored 17 to the Saints 49. Yeah, this doesn't look good for the niners. This is the type of game the niners is supposed to win with Kaep and the offense. Unless the defense can keep the Saints under 10-15 points, we're screwed.

Hawks are going to win the west without a fight. The game at Candlestick won't mean anything to them if they win or lose.

But it's going to be our Super Bowl!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,082
Go, Niners, go!
Saints are giving up 5 yards a carry.
If Gore doesn't get 25 carriers, with another 10 split between LMJ And Hunter, I'll be upset.
This is a team we should be able to get 200+ rush yards against.

I don't think we'll need to score 30+ points to win, I think our defense is good enough to hold Drew Brees to 24 or lower, even in that dome.

All bets are off if Vernon Davis can't play though, because we've shown that we don't know how to call plays or execute the called plays when he is gone.
A shame that one player going out completely destroys our offense.
If anything the 49ers go into this game real f**ked off and wanting to send a strong message. Look out Saints.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,082
We're going to get spanked. 40 first downs by the Saints? That ridiculous.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We're going to get spanked. 40 first downs by the Saints? That ridiculous.

Dallas's defense is 23rd in PPG and 32nd in YPG, I think our defense is slightly better than that.
[ Edited by bigboi8899 on Nov 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM ]