LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lehhsss Goooo Niners!!
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m #49ers CB Tarell Brown stayed overnight in New Orleans as a precaution, per source, while dealing with a rib injury. Returned home yesterday
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m While the specific diagnosis isn't clear on #49ers CB Tarell Brown, he is believed to at least have cracked ribs. Likely going to miss time
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m While the specific diagnosis isn't clear on #49ers CB Tarell Brown, he is believed to at least have cracked ribs. Likely going to miss time

Brock can do the job. Hopefully Wright can do his.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Ouch. Rib fractures are excruciating.
Damn this one still stings. Can't believe we are out of the NFW west hunt because of a horses**t call like that. f**king NFL refs suck ass. Bunch old blind f**kers.

ARGH!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Damn this one still stings. Can't believe we are out of the NFW west hunt because of a horses**t call like that. f**king NFL refs suck ass. Bunch old blind f**kers.

ARGH!

Its sure does sting but the 49ers were out of the NFC West race a week prior to this game even kicking off. All the Saints fans can EAD though because that play by Brooks was legit! Even though the refs blew the call IMO it was still great to see that tippy toeing little b***h Brees get knocked on his fing asss!
Originally posted by NinerG94:

ARGH!

Its sure does sting but the 49ers were out of the NFC West race a week prior to this game even kicking off. All the Saints fans can EAD though because that play by Brooks was legit! Even though the refs blew the call IMO it was still great to see that tippy toeing little b***h Brees get knocked on his fing asss!

i honestly dont think this saints loss was a big deal. we werent gonna catch seattle unless they faltered and we didnt lose another game. we were already resigned to road playoff games. the difference between the 5th and 6th seed is non existent in my mind. we went down there and went toe to toe with them, we showed we hang with their indoor football style when a week earlier another potential nfc playoff team in the cowboys porved the exact opposite.
Whitner will no longer pursue changing his last name. I bet that f***ed up call versus Brooks last Sunday was the catalyst for reconsidering. He probably decided not to after realizing how f***ing slanted the rules are in favor of the offenses/QBS.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Whitner will no longer pursue changing his last name. I bet that f***ed up call versus Brooks last Sunday was the catalyst for reconsidering. He probably decided not to after realizing how f***ing slanted the rules are in favor of the offenses/QBS.

over analyze much?

DonteHitner ‏@DonteWhitner12m
I had to withdraw the name change until after the season. Judge wouldn't allow it without me being present...

Originally posted by crabman82:

ARGH!

i honestly dont think this saints loss was a big deal. we werent gonna catch seattle unless they faltered and we didnt lose another game. we were already resigned to road playoff games. the difference between the 5th and 6th seed is non existent in my mind. we went down there and went toe to toe with them, we showed we hang with their indoor football style when a week earlier another potential nfc playoff team in the cowboys porved the exact opposite.

We beat the Saints and if the Saints beat SEA, we just have to beat SEA at home and its on. That's not too far fetched. But now, its pretty much impossible unless SEA goes on an epic snide.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM ]

ARGH!

We beat the Saints and the Saints beat SEA, we just have to beat SEA at home and its on. That's not too far fetched. But now, its pretty much impossible unless SEA goes on an epic snide.

we would still need an additional seahawks loss. we're 3 back in the loss column.

edt: mis-read it, just seen u said if we beat saints. my bad.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Nov 19, 2013 at 1:28 PM ]

Too bad the game had to end the way it did though. Saints fans that I've encountered feel like the 49ers were "gifted" everything they got and that had it not been for the gifts it would have been a blowout. Say what you want about the 49ers offense but the defense was spectacular from start to finish. Has any team held the Saints to 23 points or less in the superdome this season? That deserves respect IMO regardless of who you root for.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ballistic:
@MikePereira
Clearly a foul in New Orleans - that was a blow to the neck.

• LVJay
  • Veteran

ARGH!

We beat the Saints and if the Saints beat SEA, we just have to beat SEA at home and its on. That's not too far fetched. But now, its pretty much impossible unless SEA goes on an epic snide.

It does still sting, but I'm done venting... we lost to a very good team on the road by a FG/bad call. Gore blew a game changer for sure, but there were many (excuses) why we lost. Although, It was nice to see more than 3 players get at least 1 catch (7 players to be exact).

If we keep getting plagued with injuries, we might not get a chance to sniff the playoffs. However, if we manage to get healthy at the right time, we'll be the scariest (wildcard) team out there. Plus, we'll be underdogs playing with a chip on our shoulders--b!tch slapping teams on the road!
Share 49ersWebzone