LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I'm hoping that Harbs just owns Payton/Saints the way he's owned McCarthy/Packers.

Sometimes you have a team's number. The Saints would be a nice team to pwn.

I also feel Payton will put too much emotion into the game to try and beat us that it will cost him, the same way it cost us with the Giants, and McCarthy trying to get one up on us.

They're gonna harp on the storyline of how we were his last opponent before getting his ass handed to him by Goodell.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM ]
Kaep is going to need to make some plays this game. If he doesnt throw for at least 200 yards we are going to lose.
We also need to share snaps with the other RB's more. Kendall I believe is capable of being a 3down back for us if needed and a solid one at that. he should get more snaps than he is. When he doesnt get that much play time he's more prone to make mistakes like he did sunday.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I'm hoping that Harbs just owns Payton/Saints the way he's owned McCarthy/Packers.

Sometimes you have a team's number. The Saints would be a nice team to pwn.

I also feel Payton will put too much emotion into the game to try and beat us that it will cost him, the same way it cost us with the Giants, and McCarthy trying to get one up on us.

They're gonna harp on the storyline of how we were his last opponent before getting his ass handed to him by Goodell.

We're definitely gonna need to have their number again (this year the way our offense has sputtered).

Payton, "think long, think wrong" let's hope he gets a couple of brain farts.

Going by this craziness -- Colts beat us in our house. We beat Rams in their house. Rams beat Colts in their house. Jets demolished Saints. Saints follow up with beat down to Cowboys... next, we beat Saints
Originally posted by xela510:
We also need to share snaps with the other RB's more. Kendall I believe is capable of being a 3down back for us if needed and a solid one at that. he should get more snaps than he is. When he doesnt get that much play time he's more prone to make mistakes like he did sunday.

Nah...you have a costly fumble, you're in the dog house in my eyes. Seems like the coaches are barely giving James another shot after the fumble in the Bowl! Hunter's fumble was deflating!
It's going to be very hard to play with the same energy and passion they showed on Sunday for a 2nd consecutive week. There was no way the Saints would lose to Dallas. On the flip side, the Niners are due for a bounch back especially since they know they game that one away last week.
A less than 100% Jimmy Graham will help the Niners win this game
I really feel that if Kap can somehow contribute to a win in the Superdome, his season might shift into a better direction, and as a whole for the entire team... it's gonna be really, really interesting, like returning to a 'crime scene'.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I really feel that if Kap can somehow contribute to a win in the Superdome, his season might shift into a better direction, and as a whole for the entire team... it's gonna be really, really interesting, like returning to a 'crime scene'.

I think Kap and the team will bounce back. Just a gut feeling.
Last year we held Graham to 4 catches for 33 yards. Anyone recall what we did to slow him down?

If the 49ers can beat the Saints and the Panthers win against the Patriots my mental outlook will be improved.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 6m Video: #49ers LB NaVorro Bowman's mindset vs. Saints is "assume the defense is going to have to win the game." http://www.csnbayarea.com/show/91361/episode/623856 ;…
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 6m Video: #49ers LB NaVorro Bowman's mindset vs. Saints is "assume the defense is going to have to win the game." http://www.csnbayarea.com/show/91361/episode/623856 ;…

That's for sure. I think even if Kaep and the passing offense weren't struggling it would still come down to who makes the most plays on defense. Unfortunately the Saints don't have near the daunting task stopping our mickey mouse offense. Our defense has to play with their big boy pants on.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I think Kap and the team will bounce back. Just a gut feeling.

Just a gut feeling?
Share 49ersWebzone