LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by frankie:
Lmao read it wrong bro lmao
Dang im slippin
No niner football this wk my excuse ha ha

:)
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This game is personal for me, cause I hated the fact that they stuck these c********rs in our division back in the 90s, and they just had our number every f**king time, even with Steve, Jerry, and Terrell at helm.

Wanna make a statement, screw these guys into fighting for the 6th seed, which they probably won't get since the Lions are better than them.

Kerry Collins "Dynasty"

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/nov/17/sports/sp-54824

1997... motherf**king Packers...

Biggest heart breaker was hearst ankle vs the weakass falcons :( him healthy we win 6 instead falcons move on to get crushed by denver
This should be an interesting game. Both offenses have been on fire lately. The Caroline Panties put up 30+ points in 4 straight games, and the Mighty Niners put up 30+ points in 5 straight games. Both front 7s are good but I'll take our secondary against them.

38-27 Niners!
Biggest heart breaker was hearst ankle vs the weakass falcons :( him healthy we win 6 instead falcons move on to get crushed by denver

wow, some of our fans are either disillusion or stupid.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Im very much agreeing with this, tho rodney harrison doesnt :) he may be feeling symptoms from past concussions from playing days. Jk harrisons beast tho i agree wit dungy :)

Harrison is a Seahawks bandwagoner. He will ride them until they call flat on their faces, then say he knew the Niners were the reigning NFC champions for a reason and he never doubted us. Lol
PFF numbers on the Carolina Panthers

Top 3 Performers on Offense

1. Jordan Gross-OL 17.8 The highest ranked tackle that the 49ers have faced all season thus far. Terrific pass blocker, strong run blocker, all around outstanding offensive lineman.

2. Cam Newton 11.6 Self-explanatory, Cam is gonna Cam, big physical QB with a strong arm, prone to some questionable judgment at times, vary dangerous scrambler.

3. Ryan Kalil-OT 7.5 Another outstanding offensive lineman, very strong run-blocker especially.

Worst 3 Performers on Offense

1. Chris Scott-OL -9.9 The weak link in Carolina's OL, horrendous run blocker, average as a pass blocker.**(Has a knee injury that may keep him out of the game).

2. Byron Bell-OL -0.2 Has played average so far this season, struggles as a run blocker, pretty good as a pass blocker.

3. Brandon LaFell WR -0.2 Mostly disappointing wide receiver, has had some decent games but has a tendency to disappear for whole games.

Top 3 Performers on Defense

1. Star Lotulelei-DT 13.4 Rookie DT has been a difference maker for the Panthers defense,has been highly effective in stopping the run.

2. Greg Hardy-DL 9.4 Very effective all around, good at rushing the passer and stuffing the run.

3. Charles Johnson-DL 5.4 Very explosive, athletic pass rusher, struggles in stopping the run however.

Worst 3 Performers on Defense

They honestly don't have any, their entire defense has been very good, most of the guys who rank the lowest have played very low amounts of snaps, their regular defensive performers are all doing well up to this point, very underrated tough, smart defense.

Carolina Panthers Overall Rankings

OFFENSE

Offense-Ranked 2nd

Overall Passing Offense-14th

Overall Rushing Offense-3rd

Overall Pass-Blocking-2nd

Overall Run-Blocking-2nd

DEFENSE

Overall Defense Ranked 9th

Overall Run Defense-Ranked 20th

Overall Pass Defense-Ranked 4th

Overall Pass Rush-Ranked 16th

SPECIAL TEAMS

Special Teams-Ranked 27th Overall.

Overall this is a very dangerous team, they might even be better than New Orleans, top to bottom, they have an exceptional defense that is solid throughout with no real weaknesses. They've scored 30 points in 5 of their games, they have an underrated offense that can be potentially explosive, their running game has struggled at times this season although with Cam Newton they have the added dimension of being able to rack up yards on the ground through scrambles. They have only given up over 100 yards rushing once this season, their DL is extremely formidable and their LB's are led by Luke Kuechly, just an all-around terrific defense combined with some timely offense, this team will be a handful for the 49ers to deal with.

Their turnover differential is +6, putting them just ahead of the 49ers. Carolina has been giving up an average of 13.7 ppg, which is 2nd in the NFL, at the same time they've been scoring about 25 points a game, so a very tough team, 49ers better bring their A game, if they come out somewhat flat-footed, this is the type of team that could put them in a double digit deficit pretty damn quickly.

A major key is to get pressure on Newton regularly. The Cardinals so far are the only ones who really took it to Carolina and they ended up with 7 sacks and 3 INT's in that game. Cam Newton's passer rating drops almost 30 points when he is blitzed. When he isn't blitzed, his QB rating is 104, when he is, its 77, all in all, he's been playing very well for much of this season. Other than the Cards game, he has been stellar.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
PFF numbers on the Carolina Panthers

Top 3 Performers on Offense

1. Jordan Gross-OL 17.8 The highest ranked tackle that the 49ers have faced all season thus far. Terrific pass blocker, strong run blocker, all around outstanding offensive lineman.

2. Cam Newton 11.6 Self-explanatory, Cam is gonna Cam, big physical QB with a strong arm, prone to some questionable judgment at times, vary dangerous scrambler.

3. Ryan Kalil-OT 7.5 Another outstanding offensive lineman, very strong run-blocker especially.

Worst 3 Performers on Offense

1. Chris Scott-OL -9.9 The weak link in Carolina's OL, horrendous run blocker, average as a pass blocker.**(Has a knee injury that may keep him out of the game).

2. Byron Bell-OL -0.2 Has played average so far this season, struggles as a run blocker, pretty good as a pass blocker.

3. Brandon LaFell WR -0.2 Mostly disappointing wide receiver, has had some decent games but has a tendency to disappear for whole games.

Top 3 Performers on Defense

1. Star Lotulelei-DT 13.4 Rookie DT has been a difference maker for the Panthers defense,has been highly effective in stopping the run.

2. Greg Hardy-DL 9.4 Very effective all around, good at rushing the passer and stuffing the run.

3. Charles Johnson-DL 5.4 Very explosive, athletic pass rusher, struggles in stopping the run however.

Worst 3 Performers on Defense

They honestly don't have any, their entire defense has been very good, most of the guys who rank the lowest have played very low amounts of snaps, their regular defensive performers are all doing well up to this point, very underrated tough, smart defense.

Carolina Panthers Overall Rankings

OFFENSE

Offense-Ranked 2nd

Overall Passing Offense-14th

Overall Rushing Offense-3rd

Overall Pass-Blocking-2nd

Overall Run-Blocking-2nd

DEFENSE

Overall Defense Ranked 9th

Overall Run Defense-Ranked 20th

Overall Pass Defense-Ranked 4th

Overall Pass Rush-Ranked 16th

SPECIAL TEAMS

Special Teams-Ranked 27th Overall.

Overall this is a very dangerous team, they might even be better than New Orleans, top to bottom, they have an exceptional defense that is solid throughout with no real weaknesses. They've scored 30 points in 5 of their games, they have an underrated offense that can be potentially explosive, their running game has struggled at times this season although with Cam Newton they have the added dimension of being able to rack up yards on the ground through scrambles. They have only given up over 100 yards rushing once this season, their DL is extremely formidable and their LB's are led by Luke Kuechly, just an all-around terrific defense combined with some timely offense, this team will be a handful for the 49ers to deal with.

Their turnover differential is +6, putting them just ahead of the 49ers. Carolina has been giving up an average of 13.7 ppg, which is 2nd in the NFL, at the same time they've been scoring about 25 points a game, so a very tough team, 49ers better bring their A game, if they come out somewhat flat-footed, this is the type of team that could put them in a double digit deficit pretty damn quickly.

A major key is to get pressure on Newton regularly. The Cardinals so far are the only ones who really took it to Carolina and they ended up with 7 sacks and 3 INT's in that game. Cam Newton's passer rating drops almost 30 points when he is blitzed. When he isn't blitzed, his QB rating is 104, when he is, its 77, all in all, he's been playing very well for much of this season. Other than the Cards game, he has been stellar.

Nice post. Thanx
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Is that right? 2nd in offense?
I think the 49ers will indeed bring their 'A' game, Harbaugh has all of these players embodying the mentality of each game being a playoff game. -They will not be caught off-guard anymore.

LOL, if the season ended today, we face the Cowboys in Dallas on wildcard weekend.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:25 AM ]

yeah, we may see a repeat if 2010 where a weakass 7-9 "division champ" HOSTS a 14-2 / 13-3 / 12-4 second-place team

(the beastmode game) saints had to go to 7-9 seattle even tho NO had more wins

even tho I'm sure the Niners could go on the road and beat a weak NFCE champ, would obviously rather win the west and likely #1seed & 1st round bye
This game is personal for me, cause I hated the fact that they stuck these c********rs in our division back in the 90s, and they just had our number every f**king time, even with Steve, Jerry, and Terrell at helm.

Wanna make a statement, screw these guys into fighting for the 6th seed, which they probably won't get since the Lions are better than them.

Kerry Collins "Dynasty"

1997... motherf**king Packers...

I feel the same way about that game. That should have been Steve Young and the 9er's second SB winning season............
Frank Gore reminds me of Garrison Hearst. Two hard nose football players. Once Hearst went down the team went into a tail spin............
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think the 49ers will indeed bring their 'A' game, Harbaugh has all of these players embodying the mentality of each game being a playoff game. -They will not be caught off-guard anymore.

LOL, if the season ended today, we face the Cowboys in Dallas on wildcard weekend.

Yeah, I don't think playing on the road is a major concern anymore. We should dominate no matter where we play.
Kerry Collins "Dynasty"

"It feels great to take it back from the team that had taken it away from us so boldly," said Steve Young, who threw for a touchdown, ran for another and completed 17 of 22 passes for 221 yards.

Only 22 pass attempts? was the zone around back then? did it implode? was Iheanyi Owezouke the Ricardo Lockette of 1997?
I love all of these score predictions. Come on guys, only the tingle report has any meaning on the game, and we wont get that until later in the week.

We have to win, I cant take Sanders chanting CAM anymore. A few pick 6's and a rout should shut him up for a week.

Should be a good game, but I cant see Carolina flying cross county and winning at the stick. They are a good, upcoming team, but JH is getting his best toys back at the right time and gets to play with him. Carolina hasnt seen a team like this (no offense to SEA fans)

While they are chasing NO (how the hell did they lose to the Jets?), we have more to play for and a better team with a crazier coach, getting guys back, unless we put Kyle back for punts and kickoffs, I dont see how we can lose this game.
Share 49ersWebzone