There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 10)

Originally posted by NCommand:
Would we have been able to do anything with it if we had?

They were basically in field goal range, so hopefully yes.
On what fkn planet is Dixon a better option than LMJ for kick return duties? Some of the personnel decisions made for this team are just plain retarded.
On a positive note. Carolina has New England next on Monday Night. Hope they get an L there.
It feels a lot like that Vikings game last year, we get out-muscled by a team we have all the talent to defeat, but the other team managed to get one more punch in at the end when we did nothing to help ourselves in the first place.

I say this because there's a 50/50 chance we come back guns blazing next week, end up finishing 13-3, and we look back at this game with regret knowing we could have had the division.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It feels a lot like that Vikings game last year, we get out-muscled by a team we have all the talent to defeat, but the other team managed to get one more punch in at the end when we did nothing to help ourselves in the first place.

I say this because there's a 50/50 chance we come back guns blazing next week, end up finishing 13-3, and we look back at this game with regret knowing we could have had the division.

LOL if we finish 13-3 we aren't losing the division
I said it in the Kap thread and I'll say it here, the biggest play was the decision to run on third and goal from the six after the Brock INT. After the near VD fumble on second down, the coaches were scared to throw and settled for a FG. We did not even ATTEMPT a pass in the endzone. They cannot be that p***y. Kap is brainwashed to be extremely conservative. If you call a pass play, I'm sure he would only attempt it if it was open. If not, kick the FG. But, you have to at least attempt to get a f**king TD. That cost us the game.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
On what fkn planet is Dixon a better option than LMJ for kick return duties? Some of the personnel decisions made for this team are just plain retarded.

I personally don't think James is good at either... I fear he is too small, and a major disaster waiting to happen.

I think Dixon had the right idea trying to return that play... our offense has been going no where and needed a spark.

it just didn't help that Dixon's blockers let their assignments run right pass them, thinking that Dixon would not return it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
dp
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM ]
  • hps49
  • Veteran
f**kin vance mcdonald tho..
Originally posted by NinerG94:
You can't motivate potato.

Yeah, but you can fry it and use it as a chip on your shoulders!! Lol.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

You think Seattle loses 2? Man, I don't know...
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

They could easily go 1-2 during their 3 game stretch against the Saints/49ers/Giants.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

They could easily go 1-2 during their 3 game stretch against the Saints/49ers/Giants.
hopefully but we need to get our s**t straight and stop worrying about them. if they lose and we lose it does us no good. gotta take care of what we need to do
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

We can only hope. But the niners can't afford to lose another game. There are too many teams in the hunt right now.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Maaannnnnnnnn.... I was thinking the EXACT SAME sht bro!! Just when I was thinking NO WAY in hell the coaches (Har/Roman/or SPT Coach) find a way to possibly FAIL any more flagrantly and embarrassingly than the near 4 QRTS of UNOFFENSIVE Flag "KickBall," until someone decided that adding INSULT to INJURY needed yet another redundant Stanford "I" Formation (INCOMPETENCY) to complete the Cardinal Trifecta!!!

SMH While Dixon is a f**kn BEAST downhill on short down & GL situations, CLEARLY LMJ (even w/ sub-par preseason having very lil expnce) is the BEST option in that situation, having recently improved and while mildly productive today, shows flashes of elusiveness (see game against Patriots), had no TOs/mental mistakes, and looked better with each opportunity. ALSO, I believe that was DIXON'S first time in the game AND I couldn't believe he tried to return that ball deep in the EZ when we had horrible field position all 2nd half!!!!!