LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cltpanther:
So for those saying you were going to blow out the Panthers, how you feeling this morning? Told you our D was no joke

Yeah, even I was laughing at all the homers in here...over confidence = Freddie P. Soft. Hats off to the Panthers (totally thought that was a fumble by VD, BTW). Losing VD (basically, 1/2 our passing game) and Reid was big but big props to Dahl who made a critical stop in the 4Q. This one, by FAR, was on the coaches. Once VD went out, HaRoMan were screwed...had no answer. 0 points in the second half and the Panthers were feeding off the formation/alignments...run or pass formationss were completely telegraphed. I liked that they (run) blitzed creatively to bring pressure...played very physical and down hill. Cam had a pretty poor day (tons of high passes). If he completes those, this game isn't even close. TO's killed us naturally (will kill any team). But enjoy your victory...they are legit and if they continue to build, they have a real shot in the playoffs.
Originally posted by LosAngeles49er:
AB and VD at TE, even while getting double teamed, game planned for, and schemed out of game b/c of Romans predictably unimaginative Pop Warner play-calling has had a great season, and while Crabs is my FAV Niner, I'm now CERTAIN that our WRs (albiet when def cud use a DownFLD WR) are the problem at all really (sans Kyle and VM small hands). But OUR Mickey Mouse OC "Greco-Romans" Ancient Play-Calling and complete failure to properly utilize the talent we have on this team is the Biggest Problem period IMO!! It doesn't matter who suits up for the Niners on the other side of field with Crabs, Fitzgerald, Dez, or Marshall...they'd all be begging to get traded, or released only to go thrive elsewhere

For Results and Sample Case Study see= Ex-49er Tedd Ginn Jr thrive in a run first, somewhat offensively limited Carolina Panthers squad!!

Yup, we run a college offense. Nothing more. Even Boldin was going off on the sidelines...looked PISSED. As he should be.
I just can't believe we could not grab one of the 2 fumbles on Carolina's last drive. Amazing..
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I just can't believe we could not grab one of the 2 fumbles on Carolina's last drive. Amazing..

Would we have been able to do anything with it if we had?
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
You can't motivate potato.

This.

But you can bake it
Originally posted by NCommand:

All we needed was a FG !
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i really do not think so, the offense seemed deflated from the time they chose not to go for it on fourth and one
I think our biggest mistake of the game was not going for it on 4th and 1 from the Panthers 2.

You are so likely to pick up a yard and have the entire play boom available to you. Plus the odds are very low Carolina goes 98 yards if you fail to convert.

They were basically in field goal range, so hopefully yes.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
On what fkn planet is Dixon a better option than LMJ for kick return duties? Some of the personnel decisions made for this team are just plain retarded.

On a positive note. Carolina has New England next on Monday Night. Hope they get an L there.
It feels a lot like that Vikings game last year, we get out-muscled by a team we have all the talent to defeat, but the other team managed to get one more punch in at the end when we did nothing to help ourselves in the first place.

I say this because there's a 50/50 chance we come back guns blazing next week, end up finishing 13-3, and we look back at this game with regret knowing we could have had the division.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It feels a lot like that Vikings game last year, we get out-muscled by a team we have all the talent to defeat, but the other team managed to get one more punch in at the end when we did nothing to help ourselves in the first place.

I say this because there's a 50/50 chance we come back guns blazing next week, end up finishing 13-3, and we look back at this game with regret knowing we could have had the division.

LOL if we finish 13-3 we aren't losing the division
I said it in the Kap thread and I'll say it here, the biggest play was the decision to run on third and goal from the six after the Brock INT. After the near VD fumble on second down, the coaches were scared to throw and settled for a FG. We did not even ATTEMPT a pass in the endzone. They cannot be that p***y. Kap is brainwashed to be extremely conservative. If you call a pass play, I'm sure he would only attempt it if it was open. If not, kick the FG. But, you have to at least attempt to get a f**king TD. That cost us the game.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
On what fkn planet is Dixon a better option than LMJ for kick return duties? Some of the personnel decisions made for this team are just plain retarded.

I personally don't think James is good at either... I fear he is too small, and a major disaster waiting to happen.

I think Dixon had the right idea trying to return that play... our offense has been going no where and needed a spark.

it just didn't help that Dixon's blockers let their assignments run right pass them, thinking that Dixon would not return it.
Share 49ersWebzone