There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 10)

Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Maybe some of you are forgetting but Kap is pretty young and inexperienced

He has been in the league for three years. He had plenty of time to sit and learn the system. He was placed into a better situation to succeed that 90% of young QB's. Its time to stop using that excuse.

Yep. Let's get Bridegewater or Manziel.

I would say it is pretty much apparent by now Kap is in a slump. Not sure whether he has regressed, but his key problem is he is "one-read" and doesn't spread the ball, thus making our passing offense so much more predictable and easy to shut down.

I think there is plenty of blame to share when it comes to the passing offense. I find it ironic that we are coached by a former QB and our passing 'attack' is so weak! We really don't go at a defense with an attack plan, it's more of an temporary substitute plan. Whereas Bill Walsh really attacked a defense with the pass we are son rudimentary with our passing that we aren't scaring anybody.
I'm tired of all the excuses, like, our receiver's have been hurt. They get hurt and your still supposed to produce with whomever steps up next. Our QB is still growing... That isn't growing we are watching, that's ineptitude. He doesn't trust the receivers.... Well when the hell is the game plan going to trust them, whether they are ready for it or not. That's what all the other teams do, check New England. If your not going to use the players on the 53 during the game, them what fricking good are they? We should be hitting them with everything we've got, blitzing their asses with offense from all sides. Instead we get the one trick pony offense...
This team ain't goin nowhere as long as they continue to try t win with one hand tied behind their back. Work your butt's off getting a passing game that works and then watch the running game become more explosive. Sit, s**t, s**t...
Good game y'all. I said it would come down to QB play and it did. Cam played like garbage, but did just enough. Maybe we meet again in January.
Originally posted by soldiercatfan:
Good game y'all. I said it would come down to QB play and it did. Cam played like garbage, but did just enough. Maybe we meet again in January.

s**t, I didn't see either quarterback in this game. That was the epitome of a defensive game. Boring as hell.

Good game. That was a crazy defensive battle.

saying that an NFL game comes down to QB play is like saying the team that scores the most wins the game.
What a pitiful display of offense on the Niners part. Wonder what their plan of attack was going in, because it was non existent on game day.
what's alex smith's record???
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:

9-0 baby, GO CHIEFS!
Damn Boone sure loves his dip

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/boone-49ers-tried-do-too-much-against-panthers
Originally posted by xela510:

9-0 baby, GO CHIEFS!

Then go to the Chiefs with his ass. f**k Alex Smith, no longer a niner
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by XD33:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
seems like our offense and coaching staff just gets super nervous when facing a top defense

they get anxious and forget wtf they know how to

It's Kap.

He didnt seem to mind pressure in the Divisional round, or the NFC Champ game on the road, or the Super Bowl...

thats when teams didn't know who Kap was....they had gameplans ready for Alex.
you could tell in teh game against New Orleanns that Kap has NERVOUS/panic issues.
His eyes heavily expand under pressure.only the run game saved him.

NFL teams scrapped their gameplans for Alex Smith after the entire world saw Kaepernick shred the Bears on MNF in his first career start. By playoff time they had a gameplan. It just didnt work.

Growing pains are part of the process for young QB. Face him against a great D, add in horrible pass blocking, an injury to VD, and crap playcalling by his OC, and what do you expect a 2nd year starter to do? Its ok to have bad games. He will learn from them.

The irony is how most of the people on this board calling Kap names are probably lazy nobodies. Kap puts in so much work and effort, and he cant make it happen against an elite D, and internet losers come from the woodwork and rip him apart.

You are a breath of fresh air in this s**t storm. I don't know why I post on this board sometimes. People forget how lucky we are to have a young, star QB on our roster, and decide to jump off the bandwagon and call for his head every bad game he has. My god, the expectations in his first full season as a starting QB are ridiculous, and it's only cause he set the bar ridiculously high last year. Did people really forget how f**king incredible he played last year?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
You are a breath of fresh air in this s**t storm. I don't know why I post on this board sometimes. People forget how lucky we are to have a young, star QB on our roster, and decide to jump off the bandwagon and call for his head every bad game he has. My god, the expectations in his first full season as a starting QB are ridiculous, and it's only cause he set the bar ridiculously high last year. Did people really forget how f**king incredible he played last year?
Its ridiculous to expect 200 yards passing, while looking through more than one read?
[ Edited by Method on Nov 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Method:
Its ridiculous to expect 200 yards passing, while looking through more than one read?

Whoa... whoa.. 200 yards? I'd be cool with 100 yards of legit, non-garbage, yards against a good team.

Last I checked Alex Smith doesn't have a record the Chiefs do. If you are implying that the 9ers would have a better record with Smith instead of Kap you are kidding yourself. Alex is riding a team that is winning with him not BECAUSE of him just like always. However if you feel that sentimental about it I am sure the Chiefs could use another fan.

200 yards is a high bar?

Making multiple reads, hitting open receivers, staying composed, throwing the ball out and avoiding the loss - that's a high bar to you?

So essentially playing the Qb position is asking to much?

The bar is just too high!!!

Seriously tho keep standing in last year. He didn't come through when it counted and now that DCs have figured him out he's being exposed.

Funny thing is I want soo bad to be wrong. If the offense starts working we're instantly a contender instead of bums which after this loss is what we are.