There are 234 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'd like to hear a perspective on the receiving corps. from someome who was at the game. I was thinking so many times that someone had to be getting open. Unbelieveable if not
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I'd like to hear a perspective on the receiving corps. from someome who was at the game. I was thinking so many times that someone had to be getting open. Unbelieveable if not

receivers had to have chances... they did send some blitzes, but our QB took his eyes from the field and was just looking to scramble or eat sacks.
The scary part is Kaepernick's best receiver and most consistent option is the f'ing fullback.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
The scary part is Kaepernick's best receiver and most consistent option is the f'ing fullback.

what happened to Boldin? Had he not established himself well as a very good receiving option? I watched a 3rd down play from Kaep where he checked down to a back when Boldin was running a wide open slant in the same visual area for the QB. Boldin was all alone and had open field in front of him from the hash to the sideline.
Have just seen the game... Carolina did a good job in combination of putting the Niners in bad field position -- inside the 10 and at the 1-- late in the second half, and very good defense. Niners still had a couple of chances to put a drive together and get a field goal, but we couldn't freak'n move the ball.

I just wish Kaep would reconsider on some of his scrambles. We were in bad field position late in the game. A couple of Kaep's scramble actually made worse by taking a sack. He should just throw the ball away to keep breathing room for the offense, and make Carolina's D less aggressive. Kaep did took some of the check downs in the game. On that overthrown ball to Boldin, when we were trying to get out from deep inside our own goal line needing 3rd&7, he had both Gore and McDonald. There was a LB in between both of them. The defender had to make a choice who to cover. Had Kaep thrown to either Gore or McDonald, it would have been a conversion for either Gore or McDonald ,especially, to get the extra 2yds.

As it is, he went to the getting open Boldin, but late and overthrew.

When a couple of these late 90+ yards drives doesn't work out, it makes you appreciate one when the next time it turned into a scoring drive, because it's so tough to do.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 11, 2013 at 7:22 AM ]
All of this thrash talk about kap only does one thing! It motivates kap. Let's see how he plays the rest of the season.
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
All of this thrash talk about kap only does one thing! It motivates kap. Let's see how he plays the rest of the season.

He had a few of these type of games already... we are hoping and waiting.
You can't motivate potato.
I'm sorry I can't remember who posted a response to me saying that they weren't confident Kap would be able to "turn on the (passing) hose" if it was necessary. I said I thought he could. The way things are right now it looks like he can't. So that's some crow I've got to eat.

One game at a time. I thought there was a pretty good chance the 9ers would beat Carolina and lose to the Saints. If we can beat the Saints, then for me the team's record will be at pretty much what I thought it would be anyway. Plus, beating the Saints in NO would go a long way toward reassuring the team that they can go the distance and the rest of the league not to make too much out of the loss to the Panthers. Beat the Saints!
Originally posted by PorqueWhy:
Originally posted by QBguru:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
what's alex smith's record???

Last I checked Alex Smith doesn't have a record the Chiefs do. If you are implying that the 9ers would have a better record with Smith instead of Kap you are kidding yourself. Alex is riding a team that is winning with him not BECAUSE of him just like always. However if you feel that sentimental about it I am sure the Chiefs could use another fan.

So you are saying the Chiefs would be 9-0 with Matt Cassell?

No one here is a Chiefs fan, people just root for the guy that almost took us to the superbowl,had a great season, and got replaced some would say unfairly, but never b***hed about it. The guy is pure class , why not root for him to be successful? It is natural for fans to say what if and compare his and Kaep's year. Look what happened with Montana and Young. Yeah, I will root for him as long as he doesn't play the 49ers.
I root for Alex Smith as well. Guy's a class act. He was stabbed in the back by our honorless head coach, Jim "Backstabbin" Harbaugh. What a blunder by Harb's.

Jim has balls and sometimes you got to cut the "nice guy" loose and move on. Doesn't matter if he is right or wrong he took a chance and he's working through it with Kap. If he was a backstabber he would have cut Alex the second he drafted Kap and Alex's career would be in the trash bin right now. No team would have given him the time of day if Jim didn't save his career. Jim has only ever said good things about Alex no matter what. Just because he isn't praising Alex at Kaps expense doesn't mean he betrayed him. Sorry if you disagree but Alex has no killer instinct whatsoever. Even if you don't like him or the s**t he does at least Kap is bold about himself and it shows in the way he plays and Harbaugh is the exact same.

They are polar opposites so it doesn't surprise me he isn't here anymore. Everybody cares about Alex's feelings because he's such a good guy myself included. He is a lot like Tim Tebow in that way.

Originally posted by NinerG94:
You can't motivate potato.

This.
Originally posted by PorqueWhy:
I root for Alex Smith as well. Guy's a class act. He was stabbed in the back by our honorless head coach, Jim "Backstabbin" Harbaugh. What a blunder by Harb's.

I love Alex just like the next man, but damn talk about a knee-jerk and select memory illness lol!! How quickly have you forgotten ALL THE YEARS of purgatory, irrelevance, and ineptitude, widely known as the "ALEX IN WONDERLAND" years; Under the once thought of BUST, laughing stock of the league, dubious Alex "should have drafted A-Rod" SMITH, having once lost his staring job to EVEN Shaun Hill?????

Look Alex improved mighty over the last few years, and I will always appreciate his class and contributions, but at best he is an average, underneath, short completion, and game managing QB who in 6+ years of work, failed to do what OUR QB Kaep has done in only 1...Playing for a SUPERBOWL!! Good luck to Alex, ill take The Kaepgun 100 times out of 100, even if he struggles Gregs "Greco-Roman" Ancient Offense!!
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pretty sure thats exactly what Ravens fans were saying at this time last season. I don't have a lot of hope due to the offensive playcalling but crazier things have happened, you get Crabtree back, this offense gets healthy, you give them a shot in the playoffs, an experienced veteran team and anything can happen. First they have to get in however. But seeing as how much success wild card teams have had recently in winning the Superbowl, who knows, with this level of defense, the 49ers will always have a puncher's chance, with the defense holding other teams down, if they can hit on a few big plays on offense, they could steal a few games.

I'm interested to see what things will look like on offense with Crabtree, VD, Boldin and Manningham all together along with this running game.

Not saying you don't have a point, but that to me is more like hoping for the best as opposed to a realistic take on the current state of the 9ers.

Talking of VD, I am beginning to think he has become too fragile ever since that hit by Chancellor in last Dec. Believe me, he is going to get hit much worse than he did in this game by the likes of Browner and Chancellor when we play them in Dec nevermind the playoffs. I just don't think Vernon can handle that kind of physicality anymore. Frankly, overall I just don' think we are that tough a team. We are physical when compared to the average run-of-the-mill team, but within the category of "tough teams" so to speak, we are probably just average.
Realistics new definition....Make a new screen name and be as caustic an anti-fan as you can possibly manage and insult anyone who doesnt fit into your view that the season is over after one game. Bonus points if you can call players and coaches names and act like a giant tough guy with your enormous internet muscles.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

WOW, its extremely sad and embarrassing that we have one of the GAMES BEST (albeit not the fastest), Most CLUTCH, and Most Accomplished Assassins at WRs, the Superbowl Champion Antwan "Velco Hands" Boldin.... fresh off dominating our 2ndary in his 2nd SUPERBOWL appearance AND Future HOF Venon Davis, and our FULLBACK comes to mind?? Really ?? lol
AB and VD at TE, even while getting double teamed, game planned for, and schemed out of game b/c of Romans predictably unimaginative Pop Warner play-calling has had a great season, and while Crabs is my FAV Niner, I'm now CERTAIN that our WRs (albiet when def cud use a DownFLD WR) are the problem at all really (sans Kyle and VM small hands). But OUR Mickey Mouse OC "Greco-Romans" Ancient Play-Calling and complete failure to properly utilize the talent we have on this team is the Biggest Problem period IMO!! It doesn't matter who suits up for the Niners on the other side of field with Crabs, Fitzgerald, Dez, or Marshall...they'd all be begging to get traded, or released only to go thrive elsewhere

For Results and Sample Case Study see= Ex-49er Tedd Ginn Jr thrive in a run first, somewhat offensively limited Carolina Panthers squad!!
Share 49ersWebzone